Watery Semen

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright...been on finasteride for about a 5 or 6 weeks now and the small sides are starting to come in. My libido was affected, but is not back up and running. My balls hurt a little bit, but I can deal with it. There is one that is causing me some concern, however. My semen is pretty watery. What does this mean in terms of having a kid. I'll be getting married pretty soon and starting a family so I want to know what affect this will have on me being able to get the lady pregnant. Can somebody please help out? It makes me a little nervous.

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
Watery semen is supposedly a common side effect...in terms of having kids I would be careful...not sure if many studies have been done

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^im with you.

If u have noticed some of my threas recently EasyEd, i have the same concerns and have actually failed a fertility test. This might be from some other problem, im seeing the doctor tomorrow. But my semen is MAD watery, like see through at times, and like water. It happened at the 2month mark. Also, my semen is bout 1/4 of what it used to be. And i aint exagerating, i used to shoot like a p**rn star, now its weak and sh*t quality. But i dont know what effect this is having.

Anyway, from what i understand i think finasteride causes the prostate gland to produce more runny semen or something. Also other stuff must go on which i aint too sure, finasteride is found in 40% of people's semen, so dunno what effect this has either. I do have some links on this stuff if ud like them, iv also got them in my other thread. To be honest i dont think many people have done many studies on all of this, maybe none atall.

Felk

Reaction score
This is another of Bryan's things he gets tired of telling everyone, Im surprised it didn't make it into his signature like the other 3 things.

It's safe to have kids whilst on finasteride.

However, if you want to be cautious for the hell of it, stop the finasteride and make the baby.

SweatHorse

Reaction score
I don't know of any studies on this, but from my own experience and the stories i hear from others, i believe that watery semen is an effect of the testicals shutting down partly and not because the prostate produces more fluid. Personally, Ive noticed watery semen a long time ago,[been on finasteride for approx. 2 years] and recently noticed that my testicles have shrunk. I am really curious what your doctor has to say about it.