Watching The People You Love Fall Into The Abyss

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello boys, hope you're doing well and fighting in the fight the best way.

A quick update: 1 year, 2 months of finasteride 1mg; I'm maintaining + slight thickening. I'm still VERY dubious about starting minoxidil because it's a hassle and stopping it might affect the good things I got while on finasteride, but I see myself starting it in the next 2 years in order to fight the finasteride shortfall. No sides.

I've never stopped thinking about the problem of hair loss in the last three years, from 19 to 22. Years 19-21 were probably the lowest point I could reach: depression, self-harm, anger. Looking back on some photos from the period, I looked extremely shitty. I now look a slight bit better. My gf noticed but can't tell it's hair since she can't Norwood-spot. When she told me that she's happy that I've been looking very good lately, I felt my heart sink. Hair loss is one hell of a disease.

What I came here to tell you is another thing though. Things are different from when I was 20. Many mates in university are losing hair, fast (I'm now pursuing a postgraduate degree). Old mates from my childhood are too. Some are getting so bald that I thank God everyday that at least I maintained.

In other words, I'm not alone anymore. Doesn't change sh*t for me. What bums me a lot is the fact that I'm seeing people my age getting increasingly concerned about hair loss. Many I witness disappear from social gatherings, only to discover that they lost too much hair to go out and be young. A mate from university, a poor chap diffusing in NW5 since freshman year, is definitely on minoxidil. Many told me how they noticed that he 'got more orderly looking' and 'back on track looking'. Very sad since he didn't change one bit; his hair, which he has no control on, did.

A friend of mine got a comment from a mutual friend; since then, he always talks about baldness and how he notices people (and him) going bald. He's NW1. I witnessed the birth of a Norwood spotter.

This disease has no place in this world.

I pray everyday the Cure comes.

Keep kickin brothers.

Last edited:

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A quick update: 1 year, 2 months of finasteride 1mg; I'm maintaining + slight thickening. I'm still VERY dubious about starting minoxidil because it's a hassle and stopping it might affect the good things I got while on finasteride, but I see myself starting it in the next 2 years in order to fight the finasteride shortfall. No sides./QUOTE]

When did you start maintaining? I'm 4 and a half months in at 0.5mg ED. I shed a lot in the shower (hairline's still receding a bit) and I think I'm losing more body hair as well but I see the latter as a good thing.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let them go bald and rejoice in how you look better. Tell them to stay away from any treatments even saw palmetto makes your dick go limp, finasteride will make it f*****g fall off. Transplants have a 0% success rate and are a myth and the before/after shots are wigs. And don't get a wig either they'll cause skin cancer everyone knows that.

It's only hair anyway bros just let it go.

(To truly become a full head you must embrace their ways...)

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

From what I understood after years of research on the internet, finasteride is unpredictable. I hope you discussed with a derm the dosage.
I'll tell you what happened to me and my data:

Started as diffusing NW3v
Maintaining started at the 4-5th month mark (I deifnitely kept losing it in the first months)
Thickening started after the 6th month mark
Shedding stopped at one year mark (those hairs with the thinning strand at the bulb are gone)
Positive cosmetic effect started at 8th-9th month mark
Back and top definitely thickened, hairline started thickening (no cosmetic effect) at the one year mark

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
At 21 I had one balding friend.

At 31 I would say half my male friends have some hair loss (two are full on baldies).

The anxiety of when I noticed hair loss at 22 was horrific because I thought I would be bald at 25 - but now even though I have far less hair at 31 I'm not half as worried about it because half the people my age are also balding.

Anyway, Guzum - I am happy for you!

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I understood after years of research on the internet, finasteride is unpredictable. I hope you discussed with a derm the dosage.
I'll tell you what happened to me and my data:

Started as diffusing NW3v
Maintaining started at the 4-5th month mark (I deifnitely kept losing it in the first months)
Thickening started after the 6th month mark
Shedding stopped at one year mark (those hairs with the thinning strand at the bulb are gone)
Positive cosmetic effect started at 8th-9th month mark
Back and top definitely thickened, hairline started thickening (no cosmetic effect) at the one year mark

I had blood tests done before taking it. Originally I took 0.5mg with minor sides and then upped to 1mg but sides got too bad so I went back down to 0.5mg and sides are better now. So it seems to work differently for everyone, for example by brother's been on 1mg for over 5 months with no sides and his crown is back to normal. I mean it wasn't that thin to begin with but it definitely looks thicker