Washing your hair too much

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
Does washing your too often have a negative impact ? I have had great results with the big 3 but only wash my hair every 10 days - any more than that my hair feels so brittle and dry .

g.i joey

Reaction score
Jesus christ, I wash my hair twice a day (in the morning, then after the gym) and I'm balding at the same age as my dad and bro.. probably less than both of them for the age I'm at... so I don't think washing too much is bad... but every 10 days can cause build up of oils on scalp

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want to keep your hair and scalp nice and clean, washing once a day would be optimal. I shower daily and will wash my hair once. Sometimes when I need to take a second shower in the same day, I won't shampoo or condition my hair again, I'll only rinse with water.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Seems to go both ways some think its bad for your hair if you shampoo everyday others think it makes no difference.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah washing your hair only every 10 days sounds disgusting, you're probably not treating your hair well by doing; I couldn't imagine the washing of your hair or lack of washing your hair would impact male pattern baldness. I don't know you can get away with not washing your hair for 10 days, if I did that, my hair would be a greasy mess.

Dude clean regularly its disgusting!
Personal hygiene!

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine washing your hair every 10 days wouldn't be good if you were using minoxidil or any other topical treatment.

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol - as far as I know my hair doesn't smell lol - it was an experiment to see how my hair growth responded and hair health - I have to say it is much better :/ just my 2 pence worth lol

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask you about your hair washing routine in your thread. You seem to be having success not washing as often. I was my hair twice a day but I want to cut it down to once.

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask you about your hair washing routine in your thread. You seem to be having success not washing as often. I was my hair twice a day but I want to cut it down to once.
When i washed my hair to much it was dry and brittle. Every 10 days with nizoral and my hair has never been so healthy lol ! Your washing all the natural oils out. I wouldn't say not wash your hair at all as your scalp pores would get clogged with grime . Anyway it works for me . Fcuk all wrong with my routine gi-Joey I've gone from a norwood 4a to a norwood 2 or close to a 1.5 :) Stop hating ;)

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
When i washed my hair to much it was dry and brittle. Every 10 days with nizoral and my hair has never been so healthy lol ! Your washing all the natural oils out. I wouldn't say not wash your hair at all as your scalp pores would get clogged with grime . Anyway it works for me . Fcuk all wrong with my routine gi-Joey I've gone from a norwood 4a to a norwood 2 or close to a 1.5 :) Stop hating ;)

It works for you so that's good. Do you apply minoxidil on the already dried minoxidil? Does the minoxidil build up for you? I want to change my routine to applying minoxidil at night then waking up in the morning and applying it again then wash it later on.

g.i joey

Reaction score

Ya cause you're on finasteride and minoxidil u jabroni

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Wash your head/hair daily. No exceptions. Heads can stink in a hurry.

hmm

Established Member
Reaction score
I wash my hair in the morning every other day. In the winter my scalp will get dry and irritated if I do it every day. In the summer I sometimes wash it two days in a row if I was extremely sweaty and it's a non wash day. But usually after the gym I will just take a hot steamy shower and spay some aloe mist on my hair, let it dry, comb it, and ill be good for one more day till I wash it.