WASHING HAIR LESS OFTEN IMPROVES HAIR GROWTH?!

pbabico

Reaction score
I am a 23 year old man concerned about my thinning hair and was wondering for us people with hair loss problems, is it better to wash hair everyday? Every other day? Twice a week? I hear different answers around the discussion forums on what method is better than the other. Does the hair really thicken up more and tends to fall out less when you don't wash your hair due to the oils building up on the scalp of the hair? What do you guys do?!?!

Could ya'll give me some tips maybe you know of that explains the reasoning to washing your hair less often in improving hair loss.

Thanks a lot! :D

-Phil

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Different people will require different regimens when it comes to hair washing.

Some people can get away with washing once a week or every few days, some will have to wash twice a day depending on their jobs, how oily their hair is and their environment.

I wash my hair evey day.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
My personal feelings are that there is no one washing schedule that is right for each and every person, all the time. I believe your washing schedule must be determined by your enviroment, oiliness of your skin, how active you are, how much you sweat and numerouse other situations.

If your hair is dirty, oily or sweaty.. wash it. If your shampoo lathers on the first application that is enough. If it does not lather on the first application then go ahead and do a repeat application.

Many clients say they need to shampoo daily, yet they complain that they suffer from dry scalp. When asked why they believe they need to shampoo every morning, the normal reply is that their hair is a mess (Bed Hair). I normaly tell them to try rinsing it in the shower and not using shampoo. Possibly even following that good rinsing with an application of conditioner.

The younger you are the more likely you may need a touch of shampoo daily. But.... as you age and the skin drys, I feel you do not need shampoo on your scalp more than a couple times a week and in some cases even less.