Washing, Brushing And Mechanical Stress, Impact On Hairloss

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m trying to get a real answer on whether or not washing, brushing, drying, etc. can accelerate or worsen hair loss.

I am a marathoner and weight lifter that started losing hair 3 years ago first I was a diffuse thinner with long hair. Now I’m a diffuse thinner with temple recession. I shed constantly with miniaturized regrowth.

I want to know if I am safe to wash my hair normally or ignore a I need to take constant care not to yank hair out. After a shower my hands are covered even with caution.

Would love to hear thoughts on this subject.

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only way I found out what works best for me is through experimentation. What works for me doesn't necessarily mean it would work for you and vice versa.

I wash my hair every other day. I wish I could go longer but the excess sebum makes my scalp itch all over. I use shampoo/conditioner without harsh chemicals. I use a popular brush that is designed to be safe for use on wet hair. This is meant to prevent hair loss and damage due to mechanical stress. I also have a boar bristle brush that can be used on wet hair from that same company which helps move the sebum from my scalp to my hair. I find this to be beneficial for people who have oily scalps like me. I also blow dry my hair with cold air only.

I rarely see hair in those 2 brushes compared to using my old brushes, so I know it works for me.

I don't believe that I could post the links to the products but you can easily find them by entering the keywords from my post into amazon or google.

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It won't accelerate hair loss but you don't want to be tooo rough to cause some traction alopecia.