Was Quoted 2600 To Fill In Temples. Good Assessment? Pics Included

Sean9055

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have been battling hairloss for the past year and half and I'm currently doing a good job at getting most of it back. I'm on Dutasteride and my hairloss has halted and thickened since taking it, my hairline however has taken a hit and I saw a doctor for a consultation. He quotes me 2600 to fill in the temples. While I'm happy to see the quote, I'm also slightly diffusing in a 6 pattern and hoping the Dutasteride will hold those hits for the foreseeable future. Just wanted to see if I put 2600 up at the front will I have enough remaining grafts to use if the back and mid starts to go as well. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 475
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 477
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 422
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 546

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair look good man!
How long have you been taking duta? No sides?
No need for a transplant according to me

Sean9055

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair look good man!
How long have you been taking duta? No sides?
No need for a transplant according to me

Thanks. I've been on Dutasteride for about 4 months. Continued shedding on finasteride, once I've switched I couldn't be happier. It is basically the cure for like 99% of men if you don't get sides. I am going to get the corners filled in as my face just seems to wide and I want to narrow it I but 2600 seemed like a lot for just some temple recession

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
2600 grafts seems a little excessive to me, you have minimal loss. Speak to some other doctors get their opinions.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
for what it is worth your hair los does not look bad to me.

Im a woman I would not have assumed you had hair loss, but you do have a mature hairline of a man in late 20s

Just giving opinion not advice. you do what feels right. But maybe wait a few years? Go on minoxidil?

Sean9055

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long did you take finasteride ? it didn't maintain your hairline ?

It held my hairline but I wanted some thickening as I caught my hair juuuust as it was diffusing so I wanted to thicken it up and taking dutasteride will basically take my mind off of losing any more hair. I lost my temples pretty bad, it's not noticeable but it widens your face considerably so I wanted that fixed. I'm going to Dr. Keller in Chicago.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would not do a procedure with your hair, 4 months is too early to assess and there will be minimal improvement for the cost.