Was Norwood 0 A Year Ago. Now I’m Giving Up The Fight

Cory twill

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao my hair is like ‘Norwood Scale? Why don’t we just do the whole thing at once?’. Baffling. A year ago I was Norwood 0 with very minimal left temporal recession. Hopped on finasteride last August and hasn’t done a thing for me. Things have gotten way worse in a single year. Hopped on dutasteride for about 3 weeks and started to get gyno so got off of that. Yeah man I don’t know the progression of thinning in a single tear is absolutely insane. I think I’m gonna give up the fight. Start shaving it. Maybe revisit the issue in 6 or 7 years for a hair transplant. But this sh*t is ridiculous lmao. I’ve fought the good fight but my hair is just like ‘nope. No. Nada. Nuh-Uh’ with everything I try. Crazily so. I mean I rocked with finasteride for over a year. At first noticed no difference. No shed. Nothing just the same slow orderly progression. Then randomly at 9 months in started shedding and thinning like crazy. So yeah man. I don’t know. It seems like whatever I try my hair is just laughing at me. So I think I’m kicking the pills and just gonna start shaving it. It would be different if I saw some progress from finasteride or if things had followed the same orderly progression they had been following (very small left temporal recession for 3 years then finasteride then 9 months later- BOOM). So yeah man. I’m tired. I’d rather shave the sh*t and move on. Nothing is working. And I just don’t have it in me anymore. Cheers.

Attachments

• 4008F4A7-0821-4846-9FF0-AF114B10C157.jpeg
    4008F4A7-0821-4846-9FF0-AF114B10C157.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 3,795

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know how much people HATE this answer and it's the LAST thing they want to read, but buzzing your hair can be the ultimate freedom.
I'm currently 30 and my hair loss is (so far) minimal, but the signs are there and I will most likely keep losing hair. Some days ago I decided to buzz my hair with a 0 guard and I just felt free, totally free. No more thinking of hair, watching the mirror, taking photos (I have some degree of bdd). I know that in my case it was an easier option because i've always kept my hair short, even in my teens when my hair was perfect I very often shaved my head with a 0 guard or 3 mm. If you are someone that's never buzzed your hair it can be a difficult step to take, but i swear it's so worth it.

I'm not saying give up. Test your options, try different methods, but IF those would fail and/or not give you the results your hoping for, just shave the damned thing and you will experience freedom.

Like i said, i know people hate this answer and will probably downvote this post, but buzzing once hair isn't that big of a deal. Hit the gym too and you'll probably look more bad boy than you ever did with hair.

And another thing: I'm not a good looking guy, i'm average at best, but once i swapped my pictures from hair to buzz cut on Tinder i have to say that i got WAY more matches, i swear to God. And it's not like my hair pictures showed that Im thinning, far from it, but girls seem to love the shaved look and a friend of mine experienced the exact same thing (he is 29 and severely thinned, now buzzes his hair).

Cory twill

My Regimen
Reaction score
Embrace it an move on. Good for you. Most people on this forum can’t do it. Including myself
Yeah man thanks. I’m actually pretty at peace with it. Don’t mind the shaved look and I imagine I’ll have close cropped coverage on the top of my head for a good while. After that maybe hair transplant. We’ll see how I feel. I’m not gonna lie it was a really really tough 7 months. But I’m coming to accept it and I feel way better about it now

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If that is your current pic your literally still a Norwood 0. You might have some very minor diffusing going on that side but nobody would ever notice that. I mean seriously I can see that your temple points trail into your eyebrows... You have a juvenile hairline. Try losing 200+ hairs a day for 2 years. Im not being mean im just being honest, you don't need to shave it.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly It probably wast the finasteride that messed you hair up, it was probably the minoxidil. You definitely shouldn't have out that stuff on your head if you were on finasteride already. That was overkill you literally had no hairloss....

Cory twill

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly It probably wast the finasteride that messed you hair up, it was probably the minoxidil. You definitely shouldn't have out that stuff on your head if you were on finasteride already. That was overkill you literally had no hairloss....
Minoxidil makes it worse?? Long term?? I know there are initial sheds but long term? Should I stop using min? I’m confused

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have androgenetic alopecia. You are delusional. You have great hair.