Was it the anxiety of wearing a hair system that lead Michael Jackson to sleeping pills, painkillers, sedatives and anxiolytics?

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He ded for such a long time man, let him rest in peace

Those days are long gone

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
errr no, he took them to get through all his performances, to cope with insomnia and pain meds to cope with the burns he suffered.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I don't think so. His hair looked great and nobody (except those close to him) knew it was a hair system until after he died apparently. His problems were due to deeper issues stemming back to his childhood and upbringing - the way his father treated him, being famous at a young age, etc.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I don't think so. His hair looked great and nobody (except those close to him) knew it was a hair system until after he died apparently. His problems were due to deeper issues stemming back to his childhood and upbringing - the way his father treated him, being famous at a young age, etc.
Pretty sure most people knew he was wearing.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty sure most people knew he was wearing.

I'm not so sure most people knew. It honestly never crossed my mind back then. I think for most of the everyday public, the concept of wearing hair is not really on their radar screen, so they just assume it's real if someone's hair looks good.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you'll find this video about his hair interesting. Skip to about 12 mins in, and there's some info from his former stylist who says he did not wear wigs, but partial hairpieces on top with extensions for the length, blended in with his real hair. She then explains the difference between hairpieces and wigs. This was when he had long curly or wavy hair.

His later period where had longer straight hair was larger hairpieces because of more hair loss. I'm not sure how he attached the hairpieces, whether it was clips, tape or glue. He also had a permanently tattooed hairline.

I very much doubt he had anxiety about his hair, since we had access to the world's best hair stylists.