Was In Finasteride And I Was Almost Desperate

Matasatu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all my friends, I am an Asian who is now 25 years old. Have long been a reader in this forum and now decided to join .. sorry for some text that does not understand because my english is not good .. well, honestly i just want a discussion about my hair loss .. i started to realize about a year ago , I suddenly found a lot of hair loss when I wash .. I lost 10 strands while shampooing and total one day I can lose 20 strands until now .. decided to care for and get finasteride recipe. Easy enough to get it in my country without having to see a doctor .. for 1.5 months in finasteride ,, I have not seen any improvement .. hair is still down about 20 to 30 strands a day ... for hairline I feel No decrease , Only the thickness is reduced .. i do not know if i suffer male pattern baldness or not. From the side of the mother no one is experiencing hair loss even grandfather has dense hair at the age of 80 years .. father side slightly thinning at the age of 50 years .. my question whether i should stay in finasteride and wait. Some time again Sorry I do not want to add Minoxidil because I am very afraid of its effect shedding .. thanks .. god bless

Last edited:

Itsmrdave

Reaction score
Might want to post some pics. 1.5 months is too short of a time to know if finasteride will work for you. If you're not getting side effects from it, stay on it.

Matasatu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Might want to post some pics. 1.5 months is too short of a time to know if finasteride will work for you. If you're not getting side effects from it, stay on it.
Thanks for the response of my friend. I have documented some of the previous photos but my phone has been lost some time ago .. so do you think there is a possibility of success with finasteride only and I still have not thought to minoxidil. Glance about my hair is seen from the aesthetics my hair is still quite thick.dan My hair loss seems to be thorough over my head

Itsmrdave

Reaction score
I've never taken finasteride but what I've read you can get results with just it alone. Maintaining what you have is more realistic. Try finasteride for like 6 months to a year and see what happens. If you're still not satisfied and in minocidil. Hopefully it will work for you.

Matasatu

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never taken finasteride but what I've read you can get results with just it alone. Maintaining what you have is more realistic. Try finasteride for like 6 months to a year and see what happens. If you're still not satisfied and in minocidil. Hopefully it will work for you.
Are you suffering from hair loss as well? If so, what is your regimen?

Itsmrdave

Reaction score
I am a diffused thinner, but still have a very full head of hair. I tried minoxidil for a brief time but stopped because of unwanted side effects. That's all I've taken.

Matasatu

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a diffused thinner, but still have a very full head of hair. I tried minoxidil for a brief time but stopped because of unwanted side effects. That's all I've taken.
So now you are without any treatment what about your hair? Is it still falling out? We are the same. Iam diffused thinner

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sounds like you have Telogen Effluvium, which finasteride will not help, but it's hard to know without pics.

keep the "god bless" stuff to yourself please. this is not a religion forum.

Itsmrdave

Reaction score
People can say God Bless all they want. Settle down. I first noticed very minimal hairloss at 25. I'm 31 now with total coverage, but thinner. No one would know I'm losing hair unless I were to tell them. I feel here soon that I won't be able to style my hair due to the hairloss though.

g.i joey

Reaction score
keep the "god bless" stuff to yourself please. this is not a religion forum.

lol wtf, were on a forum, dude can say whatever he wants, you don't have to read it and acknowledge it if you don't want to. Yet you seem to have both read it AND acknowledged it.

God bless, amen.

g.i joey

Reaction score
OP, losing 10-20 hairs a day is not telegen effluvium. Stay on finasteride if you want to keep your hair, I'm 9 months in and I STILL shed, given not as much as month 1-5 but I'm still maintaining so I don't really care about how much I shed. Good luck brahhh

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol wtf, were on a forum, dude can say whatever he wants, you don't have to read it and acknowledge it if you don't want to. Yet you seem to have both read it AND acknowledged it.

God bless, amen.

i don't know, we are kind of here to support each other with our deep hair loss issue. it's supposed to be a safe haven and i don't associate that sh*t with safety. i might be more sensitive to it because i live in a conservative state and i don't need people's fairy tales shoved down my throat on hair loss talk too.

it's just not necessary. you can say "thank you" or something. a big part of what we are fighting against with hair loss is the way is excludes us from society. the religion thing is also very excluding. we don't need more of that in our support group imo.

Matasatu

My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't know, we are kind of here to support each other with our deep hair loss issue. it's supposed to be a safe haven and i don't associate that sh*t with safety. i might be more sensitive to it because i live in a conservative state and i don't need people's fairy tales shoved down my throat on hair loss talk too.

it's just not necessary. you can say "thank you" or something. a big part of what we are fighting against with hair loss is the way is excludes us from society. the religion thing is also very excluding. we don't need more of that in our support group imo.
Sorry if my words are wrong ,, i just try to survive from this pressure .. i believe god will help .. i am filled with a gloomy day thinking of my situation and only faith embracing me

Matasatu

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, losing 10-20 hairs a day is not telegen effluvium. Stay on finasteride if you want to keep your hair, I'm 9 months in and I STILL shed, given not as much as month 1-5 but I'm still maintaining so I don't really care about how much I shed. Good luck brahhh
Yes .. i had gone to the doctor 7 months ago and the initial diagnosis that he stands is telogen effluvium. I have been through a year now, I do not think this is telogen effluvium.growth hair is still running and I found a lot of new growth in my hair but all that is useless because my hair loss never stops .. for my hair loss problem 20 strands is very much .. i never lost it like that before..even everyone praised with my thick hair..but now it is just bullshit

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you make sure your ferritin and thyroid levels are ideal for hair growth? you might have cte. based on what you say it doesn't sound like an male pattern baldness type hair loss but again it's hard to say without pics.

nature gives us the tools to survive and prosper, not god. if you take time to understand nature, and use what she gives you in the right way, you can help yourself. hair loss is part of the struggle.

Matasatu

My Regimen
Reaction score
did you make sure your ferritin and thyroid levels are ideal for hair growth? you might have cte. based on what you say it doesn't sound like an male pattern baldness type hair loss but again it's hard to say without pics.

nature gives us the tools to survive and prosper, not god. if you take time to understand nature, and use what she gives you in the right way, you can help yourself. hair loss is part of the struggle.
I have never checked my blood and ferritin levels .. but I do not think I have a problem with my body .. I stay healthy. Whether the symptoms of ferritin deficiency other than hair loss that I can know .. I hope cte you say is true bung .. oh yes .. I just try to act as I can and hand the rest to god .. sounds good to me now

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
did I just read -

Doesn't know if he has male pattern baldness... is on FINASTERIDE.

fml.

Matasatu

My Regimen
Reaction score
did I just read -

Doesn't know if he has male pattern baldness... is on FINASTERIDE.

fml.
Yes ... I've been in finasteride for an uncertain diagnosis. I will update regularly in this forum .. hopefully I will tell you good news someday

Jamee

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all my friends, I am an Asian who is now 25 years old. Have long been a reader in this forum and now decided to join .. sorry for some text that does not understand because my english is not good .. well, honestly i just want a discussion about my hair loss .. i started to realize about a year ago , I suddenly found a lot of hair loss when I wash .. I lost 10 strands while shampooing and total one day I can lose 20 strands until now .. decided to care for and get finasteride recipe. Easy enough to get it in my country without having to see a doctor .. for 1.5 months in finasteride ,, I have not seen any improvement .. hair is still down about 20 to 30 strands a day ... for hairline I feel No decrease , Only the thickness is reduced .. i do not know if i suffer male pattern baldness or not. From the side of the mother no one is experiencing hair loss even grandfather has dense hair at the age of 80 years .. father side slightly thinning at the age of 50 years .. my question whether i should stay in finasteride and wait. Some time again Sorry I do not want to add Minoxidil because I am very afraid of its effect shedding .. thanks .. god bless
I do not use minoxidil but I have used propecia for 18 years.. I started losing hair at 18 and propecia came out when I was 22.. I've used it ever since.. at first I thought there was no way it was working but now that 18 years have gone by I have not lost too much hair since then. I can say truly propecia does work..

Itsmrdave

Reaction score
I do not use minoxidil but I have used propecia for 18 years.. I started losing hair at 18 and propecia came out when I was 22.. I've used it ever since.. at first I thought there was no way it was working but now that 18 years have gone by I have not lost too much hair since then. I can say truly propecia does work..
How have your side's been