Was In Denial For Years Definitely Sure I’m Gonna Go Bald 20 Year Old

Pleasant412

My Regimen
Reaction score
When to the doctor said I look completely fine and that I am over reacting and not gonna lose my hair anytime soon. He said I’ve got good hair genes cause of my fathers hair and mother side also said said my crown looked completely normal and that no one would think you were going bald but in case gonna keep a eye on it and stop stressing every day. I told him should I start taking finasteride he looked so shocked and said absolutely not and that I definitely didn’t need it

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously don’t like the idea of taking a pill all my life and the side effects that may come with it
Go to a dermatologist and see what they think you should do. Usually your options are just gonna be finasteride and minoxidil but they will help you make that decision

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to a dermatologist and see what they think you should do. Usually your options are just gonna be finasteride and minoxidil but they will help you make that decision
Yes and if he doesn't his plot is already being dug at norwood hills.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I go to a gp and then get a referral from nhs would that be free
You could go to gp first or just find a local dermatologist in your area who has good reviews through google. You really just have to call your own insurance to see what’s covered and what’s not.

As for letting yourself go bald now at 20, I wouldn’t recommend it. From the pic you were only thinning at the crown currently. If you got on top of it now, you could have a full head of hair within a year potentially and then maintain it for years to come. Go seek out a Doctor if you want to do something about it while it’s still early. Don’t wait until it’s too late

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These are different photo of my hair when it’s swirls and different lighting conditions the other photos it is pushed out in different directions what do u think

Looks pretty normal to me. But go see a derm just to be sure.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These are different photo of my hair when it’s swirls and different lighting conditions the other photos it is pushed out in different directions what do u think
Follow my earlier advice. Nobody here is qualified enough to tell you if you’re balding

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could go to gp first or just find a local dermatologist in your area who has good reviews through google. You really just have to call your own insurance to see what’s covered and what’s not.

As for letting yourself go bald now at 20, I wouldn’t recommend it. From the pic you were only thinning at the crown currently. If you got on top of it now, you could have a full head of hair within a year potentially and then maintain it for years to come. Go seek out a Doctor if you want to do something about it while it’s still early. Don’t wait until it’s too late
I second this. But if you're insistent on going bald and being done with it, the Norwood reaper will come for you in due time. Not to worry.

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously don’t like the idea of taking a pill all my life and the side effects that may come with it

I don’t think anybody likes the idea or the strings attached, but it’s the only game in town. It’s up to you to decide whether keeping your hair is worth it or not.