Was going to wear just a top piece, now looking into full systems

markFox1989

Reaction score
I have never worn a hair replacement system.

For the past few months I have been quite depressed about my hair loss. I feel my youth has been stripped away (i'm 26). I tried Nioxin to no avail. I'm not willing to try the pills because i'm too afraid of the side effects.

When I found out about hair replacement systems and this forum my hope was renewed. I was happy again. The only problem is i feel as though my sides are thinning out as well, which would be an obvious problem for a system that only covers the top of the head. It crushed me and I've been obsessively looking in the mirror telling myself I can't be one of the 1-2% of men who will go fully bald (my luck of course). So first i don't know if the slight thinning on the sides (they aren't close to being as bad as the top of my head) is a sign that that area will be completely bald in the near future, or if it's just going to thin and remain there.

Anyways i'm going to assume the worst. So here's my question: are "full-cap" systems a viable option? I've seen some youtube videos with people using them and they seem pretty undetectable. I'm willing to put the time and effort into DIY. Can they be undetectable to sight and touch if done right?

The pictures were taken 2 weeks after my hair was shaven to the scalp.

Attachments

• mark side.png
    mark side.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 515
  • mark side 2.png
    mark side 2.png
    83 KB · Views: 489

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Mark. You are a long way off having to think about a full cap. Your sides look pretty solid to me, and they will look much more solid after they are supplemented with hair from a topper. If I were you I would devote your energies to getting the topper right before you thin out much more on top, so that you will be able to make an undetected transition to wearing hair.

Please feel free to ask for any help you need.

good luck
noah

shree

Reaction score
question about hairline with hair system.

I'm not bald as of now, neither can get a hair transplant done either. So, I need to look for hair systems in my 20's (i'm 18 now). so I need to wear a hair-system till I get an hair transplant in future. I have a receding hairline as of now, I can see recession at temple with wet hair, its not that bad. so, can I get hair system with new hairline(no great change that people understand its unreal).? I usually get an undercut, is it possible with hair systems? Is the hair/head gonna smell with hair system much ?

My family history:
1. mother - 40+ No visible hairloss, but her hair is not long. no visible baldness.
2. Father - fully bald.
3. grandfather (mother side)- fully bald.
4. grandfather (father side) - not bald.

treatments:
Nothing as of now. Thinking of BIG 3, I think of consulting a Doctor to confirm its male pattern baldness or just receding hairline(thinking of family history, I think I have male pattern baldness).

markFox1989

Reaction score
Hi Mark. You are a long way off having to think about a full cap. Your sides look pretty solid to me, and they will look much more solid after they are supplemented with hair from a topper. If I were you I would devote your energies to getting the topper right before you thin out much more on top, so that you will be able to make an undetected transition to wearing hair.

Please feel free to ask for any help you need.

good luck
noah

Thank you. I've done my fair share of research (mostly learning from the popular top-wearers of this forum like you). I guess all in all i just want the most undetectable (sight/touch) piece for around 300-400 dollars. Also, how exactly do i get started? I know i need to grow out my hair a bit more (it's basically shaved atm). but how do i get a custom made? how do i make sure it's perfect for me? where do i order from? should i go to a clinic for the first time? I plan on doing DIY over the long term.

Thanks for all the help you give us newbies.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Go for the topper Mark. You are a handsome chap and I think the topper will really help your self esteem. You will be fighting them off :eek:)

shookwun

Reaction score
I'm sure the side effects of progressively going bald are far worse then the minimal potential for sides on this drug, that are reversible once medication is seized.

Get on finasteride, and have 2000 grafts implanted on the crown and move on with your life.

I can't believe you are planning to get a full piece for some crown loss. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds.

Most people that take the piece route have tried everything already hence resorting back to the last viable method.

markFox1989

Reaction score
I'm sure the side effects of progressively going bald are far worse then the minimal potential for sides on this drug, that are reversible once medication is seized.

Get on finasteride, and have 2000 grafts implanted on the crown and move on with your life.

I can't believe you are planning to get a full piece for some crown loss. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds.

Most people that take the piece route have tried everything already hence resorting back to the last viable method.

I couldn't find the price for a 2000 graft procedure anywhere on the internet.

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
The Belgian dude had 2000 grafts done according to his signature line. Ask him mark...