Warning to those with combo regimes

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Those suffering from Hair loss...i would like to warn u against starting your very first regime with use of finasteride, Nizoral, and Minoxidil concurrently....

Cause its best to start off with finasteride if u have just got male pattern baldness and recedeing at Telogen Effluvium temples...And get it to work...after some point of time, when finasteride has stabilised your condition, the start off with minoxidil at the temples..

The reason why its cause u may not want to have different parts of your hair dependent on their respective hair growth agents..If something goes wrong, its difficult to trace which is working and which is not...Only use this unless if u know that hair growth achieved by one agent can be maintained by another like eg . minoxidil hair maintained by finasteride

Best to start off with finasteride and then minoxidil later...

G

Good post but i would say finasteride and Nizoral are safe and should be used together

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
I think he meant that, but mis-typed.
We all generally assume finasteride comes with Nizoral always... :)

stabone1979

Established Member
Reaction score
Chewbaca, I disagree, I think the Big three is automatic if you have male pattern baldness. Honestly, finasteride is almost never able to regrow temple hair, and virtually everyone with male pattern baldness gets this recession. Almost everybody needs Min and some type of anti-andro to get the temples back. finasteride may be fine for the rest of the head. Nizoral is can only allow finasteride to work better. Nobody will disagree with this.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Categorical statements that "everyone should do such-and-such" are usually over simplified. Some people that are treating for hair loss are 18. Some are 48. Should they both be doing the same thing? Some are a NW2. Some are a NW6. Should they be doing the same thing? Some have diffuse thinning all over, some have a receding hairline but no diffuse thinning, some have both. Some are losing hair fast, some slowly, some simply need to maintain, some need to regrow. Some respond better to one type of treatment, some to another, some to nothing, some only to treatments used in combo. Should they all be doing exactly the same thing?

Red_eye

Reaction score
truth

Honestly, finasteride is almost never able to regrow temple hair, and virtually everyone with male pattern baldness gets this recession.

This isn't true is is it?

curetheloss

Reaction score
finasteride barely ever regrows hair, as you will read in this forum, finasteride is good for maintaining your current hair. it may thicken up existing hair but rarely will it regrow any hair.
curetheloss

Bismarck

Reaction score
Re: truth

Red_eye said:
Honestly, finasteride is almost never able to regrow temple hair, and virtually everyone with male pattern baldness gets this recession.

This isn't true is is it?

I think there is some truth in that statement. Noet that virtually every male develops small temples ("male hairline"). So the "hairloss pressure" is so high in that area that we can be glad finasteride is able to stop the progression there.

bis

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
When the clock is ticking it's really hard NOT to have several things in the regimen. I can respect your post but I would hate to lose a lot of hair waiting to determine what working & whats not.

hÆ’

I think finasteride is good for crown regrowth, nizoral for dandruff + scalp management and lastly minoxidil for regrowth on various areas.