Want to Try UTS - Have a Few Questions.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
First & foremost, is it unbearably hot?

Second, is there any advantage to v-looped over injected hair? I can't imagine the loops being better, but please let me know - thanks.

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not notice any real temperature difference, and the cleaning is way easier / not as hard on the piece in terms of losing hair. Don't know about injected, but I don't think you can inject a .03. In terms of durability I think the V Loops are fine, provided you aren't getting it from a shitty supplier. I have 2 main suppliers, my higher quality one provides .03 that last a few months before any shedding is noticeable (almost certainly at the hairline). I have recently tried a cheaper UTS which appears to be shedding the V loops a lot faster, but I've only had it for a couple of weeks so not entirely sure yet.

Overall though, for me, skin > lace. Maybe I just didn't know how to clean the lace up properly but I would pull out at least 10 hairs through the bottom on every piece of tape i'd remove. That adds up quick

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not notice any real temperature difference, and the cleaning is way easier / not as hard on the piece in terms of losing hair. Don't know about injected, but I don't think you can inject a .03. In terms of durability I think the V Loops are fine, provided you aren't getting it from a shitty supplier. I have 2 main suppliers, my higher quality one provides .03 that last a few months before any shedding is noticeable (almost certainly at the hairline). I have recently tried a cheaper UTS which appears to be shedding the V loops a lot faster, but I've only had it for a couple of weeks so not entirely sure yet.

Overall though, for me, skin > lace. Maybe I just didn't know how to clean the lace up properly but I would pull out at least 10 hairs through the bottom on every piece of tape i'd remove. That adds up quick
I'm so sick of lace's limitations.

I'd get be getting it from Lord...Do V-loops look as unrealistic as unbleached dark-haired knots in lace?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my mind, it seems like injected hairs would look far more realistic - if they are what I think they are.

Is there anything worse about going with Injected over V-Looped?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I know, you can't get injected hairs on a 0.03mm skin because the skin just isn't thick enough to hold the hairs. It's possible that injected would shed easier too.

V-loops are fine. If you have dark hair then be sure to order lighter hair at the front hairline, and then dye it to your colour. This will hide the 'root' of the v-loops and give you a much more natural appearance.

UTS can get hot in summer or when exercising a lot. I'd bear this in mind if you live in a hot climate.

Clean-up is much easier on a UTS than on lace. This in itself was the deciding factor for me.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just so sick of lace's ridiculous clean up & hairs going thru from the base. It's a real nuissance.

I want a solid barrier.

I thought you can't really dye UTS as the base takes the color, though?