Want to Try Back to Natural - But Have a Question

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a lace piece whose color has gone from dark brown to, for all intents and purposes, orange. Can I just condition as normal in the shower w/ Back to Natural & new color is deposited into unit instanteously. Or is more time required for the color to set in?

How long does the new color last & does it damage the hair at all?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a lace piece whose color has gone from dark brown to, for all intents and purposes, orange. Can I just condition as normal in the shower w/ Back to Natural & new color is deposited into unit instanteously. Or is more time required for the color to set in?

How long does the new color last & does it damage the hair at all?
It says on the Back2Natural bottle that you should leave it on the hair for 10 mins to get maximum effect. I leave it on 10 - 15 mins personally - it gives it time for the hair system to absorb the colour. I usually apply it when I detach (every 2 weeks or so) and have the system on a mannequin head, but you can apply it with the system attached no problem.

No, Back2Natural does NOT damage the hair at all - it has a conditioning effect and leaves the hair nice and soft, while also depositing colour. It is not like harsh hair dyes which can damage hair. It says on the bottle 'Use as often as you like with complete confidence, leaves hair soft and manageable. Back2Natural is good for hair' and 'strengthens and improves human hair of any texture or condition'. I would definitely recommend you start using Back2Natural - it is absolutely fantastic and has been a godsend to me. It's helped make my current system last over 6 months and it's still going strong.

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have to use it everyday, or does a single 10-15 min application keep the hair well-colored for a while?

The reason I ask is I have a similar sounding product by Bigen. Leave in color conditioner. But it says leave in for 40 min, I believe.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have to use it everyday, or does a single 10-15 min application keep the hair well-colored for a while?

The reason I ask is I have a similar sounding product by Bigen. Leave in color conditioner. But it says leave in for 40 min, I believe.

I apply it once every 2 weeks, and then I use spray in conditioner (with UV protection) every day to minimise the fading on my system and that works fine for me. One bottle of Back2Natural has lasted me over 3 months now. How often you need to apply it depends on how much sunlight and harsh electrical lighting you're exposed to, as that will obviously contribute to fading, but if you're using a spray in conditioner/UV protector then that will help maintain the colour for longer too. Also it depends how often you wash your hair system hair too, as that can cause fading if you are using shampoo a lot. I don't use shampoo very often on my system, as it doesn't get greasy like bio hair. I find a quick rinse under the shower works fine, then a shampoo every 2 to 4 weeks.

It's winter here in the UK, so it's not so bad for me, but in summer I obviously noticed more fading compared with now. If you live in a hotter climate you might need to experiment with applying Back2Natural more often, you just have to find what works best for you.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

They can all be different. Totally depends on the strength of the dye. I have one coloring conditioner that is a lot stronger than Back2natural. If I leave it on for 7 mins, it's completely black with even a dark blue tint in some lights. So definitely just do like the instructions say.

Are coloring shampoos of any use that Hairdirect sells?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which kind?

Hair Direct does some amazing and low cost spray in conditioners with UV protection for hair systems.

The most cost effective is ProTouch Leave In Conditioner, a nice big 16oz bottle for just $4.35 which lasts literally months: https://www.hairdirect.com/protouchleaveinconditioner16ounces

Back2Natural also do a spray in conditioner with UV protection, which is great but more expensive and I didn't notice any difference in the result between this one and the ProTouch one: https://www.hairdirect.com/cond-b2nhydroleavein8oz

Another good option is: https://www.hairdirect.com/ionixmaintaincolorleaveinconditionerspray8ounces

I've also tried this one, which is good too: https://www.hairdirect.com/cond-bonremsilkmist8oz

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it? I paid $7.27 for shipping & handling to the UK. You probably haven't selected the right shipping option. I used the GLS Air option.
`1.jpg

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is a screenshot of my last order from Hair Direct....though it looks like the GLS Air option is not currently listed on their website for some strange reason: (I've emailed them to ask why the GLS Air option isn't available)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-24 193707.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-24 193707.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Make sure to order your next system with some sort of Ash in the color so that it doesn't Fade to Auburn or red. But nearly natural color works great

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Make sure to order your next system with some sort of Ash in the color so that it doesn't Fade to Auburn or red. But nearly natural color works great
So what does ash fade into? I think my hair is quite ash and I notice it going yellow all the time. Like natural sun fading with natural hair. Very good look.