want to take 0.25mg of finasteride a day....need advice

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
i want to take finasteride to try and stop my receeding hairline, but i dont want a whole 1g a day for fear of side effects and weird stuff happening to my hormones when im only 17.

so whats the best way to get a quater or maybe half 1g of finasteride?
what 'make' should i buy and how to cut them up or whatever?

any advice appreciated.

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you take 0.25 or 1mg, since the drug essentially has a flat dose response taking 0.25 is pretty much the same as 1mg:

http://www.physics.upenn.edu/facultyinf ... index.html

If you're concered about playing with your hormones, don't take it... especially at such a young age. Age 25+, maybe... but not when you're still developing.

JonA

Reaction score
Js to let u know,, i was on finasteride .25 for about 4months n got fucked. Not everyone gets sides but think its more than pre-determined. I stopped finasteride but sides are taking incredibly long to go away :(

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on 0.25mg for a while, due to sides on higher dosages, and it hasn't helped much. I might just be a non responder though and a higher dose might not have helped either. The only side I notice on 0.25mg is my semen is a bit more watery than it used to be. On higher doses I would also get labido issues and an ache in my balls.