Want To Start Finasteride But Articles Like This Freak Me The F**ck Out

Whyallwaysme

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 19 also like the man in this article and I hear and see great success stories that make me want to take finasteride. Then I see articles like this which make me never want to go near it.

Just started minoxidil but want to add finasteride to regime to help prevent future hairloss and hopefully regrow some miniaturized hairs at temples.

Is finasteride really this harmful or are these people imagining these symptoms/had them before but only noticed after?

Article here:
https://medium.com/s/story/my-life-...ropecia-finasteride-side-effects-ed8b2fcd1e90

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 19 also like the man in this article and I hear and see great success stories that make me want to take finasteride. Then I see articles like this which make me never want to go near it.

Just started minoxidil but want to add finasteride to regime to help prevent future hairloss and hopefully regrow some miniaturized hairs at temples.

Is finasteride really this harmful or are these people imagining these symptoms/had them before but only noticed after?

Article here:
https://medium.com/s/story/my-life-...ropecia-finasteride-side-effects-ed8b2fcd1e90

The best choice is to always try yourself. What sides some others get doesn't matter. What you get does however matter. Personally I haven't gotten any sides on either finasteride or dutasteride but I understand that some do so it's up to you if you try it. No sides? Great. Some sides? Up to you if you can tolerate them and continue using finasteride otherwise quit and you should be fine again.

The problem with the finasteride debate is that you have a very high rate of depression and anxiety in these hair loss communities so any kind of sides will get magnified to bits but in reality it works just like any other medicine. ALL pills have given some kind of side effects to some people.