Want To Blow My Brains Out, When I See My 18 Yo Pictures

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also came across pics of my 19 year old self a few weeks ago (I'll be 41 in June), and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Especially because I never used to take pictures and have literally not seen my 19 year old self SINCE I was 19, whereas most people have more pics and may look at them once in a while, so the memory of how they used to look stays fresher in their minds. I used to delude myself into thinking that I was still ~80% as attractive as I was from 17-21, but seeing those pictures my first reaction was "holy sh*t, that guy was literally TWICE as good looking as me!" I said to my mom "holy sh*t, did I look that good?" She laughed and said "yeah, you did - don't you remember?" I said yeah, of course I knew I was very good looking but it literally vanished from my mind since the rate of change during aging is so slow. But when you see the pics from 20+ years ago and then see yourself now, it brings it to the fore. Pretty crazy to see.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also came across pics of my 19 year old self a few weeks ago (I'll be 41 in June), and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Especially because I never used to take pictures and have literally not seen my 19 year old self SINCE I was 19, whereas most people have more pics and may look at them once in a while, so the memory of how they used to look stays fresher in their minds. I used to delude myself into thinking that I was still ~80% as attractive as I was from 17-21, but seeing those pictures my first reaction was "holy sh*t, that guy was literally TWICE as good looking as me!" I said to my mom "holy sh*t, did I look that good?" She laughed and said "yeah, you did - don't you remember?" I said yeah, of course I knew I was very good looking but it literally vanished from my mind since the rate of change during aging is so slow. But when you see the pics from 20+ years ago and then see yourself now, it brings it to the fore. Pretty crazy to see.
Wait till u are 60 and look back. The feeling is simply marvelous lol

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say i dont get the people who get sad by looking on their fullhead brother, would you rather your brother be balding? This is your damn brother.
My little brother is balding worse than me and everytime i see him i get really depressed for him, i hate to see it.
Balding sucks for everyone and i wouldnt want me or any of my close one to suffer from it

Toms

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to say i dont get the people who get sad by looking on their fullhead brother, would you rather your brother be balding? This is your damn brother.
My little brother is balding worse than me and everytime i see him i get really depressed for him, i hate to see it.
Balding sucks for everyone and i wouldnt want me or any of my close one to suffer from it
This.

Derminator

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah us human beings are very linear and can only feel 1 emotion at a time. For example, it's completely impossible to be sad/envious about someone else's hair but at the same time feel relief for them as well. :rolleyes:

Your example doesn't really help your case either. It's very easy to feel sad for someone that has it worse than you than to be happy that someone is doing better than you.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

They get sad because they wish they inherited similar hair genetics to their brother's not because they wish their brother got the balding genentics.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes I'd rather he was balding as well, then at least I wouldn't be stuck watching him pick up hot girls while im swatting fatties

Last edited:

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah us human beings are very linear and can only feel 1 emotion at a time. For example, it's completely impossible to be sad/envious about someone else's hair but at the same time feel relief for them as well. :rolleyes:

Your example doesn't really help your case either. It's very easy to feel sad for someone that has it worse than you than to be happy that someone is doing better than you.
Ok you know what, maybe there is some point in what you are saying. I really cant tell how I would feel if my brother would have much better hair than me...

But anyway, maybe its just me but it sounds like some of the members here really wish their brothers go bald

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok you know what, maybe there is some point in what you are saying. I really cant tell how I would feel if my brother would have much better hair than me...

But anyway, maybe its just me but it sounds like some of the members here really wish their brothers go bald

as far as Ive seen Im the ONLY one with this situation lol