Want Ron Paul to run in 2012?

CCS

Reaction score
http://www.ronpaul2012.net/

Whether you want to split some Republican vote, or if you lean Libertarian, you might want to sign this petition to him to run.

The Republicans don't really have a leader for 2012. I'd prefer Paul over Palin. (no homo)

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
does anyone in america vote for anyone aside from democratic or republican?
i suppose this is the major flaw in first past the post voting

CCS

Reaction score
Kucinich is the opposite of Ron Paul, at least on several issues. I visited his website. He wants higher taxes, and wants a constitutional amendment guaranteeing health care as a right for all.

He does seem to agree with Ron on international policy, though.

Ron Paul is not my ideal candidate, since he thinks abortion should be outlawed. But so do most other republicans. At least Ron is a true fiscal conservative and holds many libertarian beliefs.

The other person I'd consider for president would be that senator who won in Massachusets a while back late in the term. His abortion views are similar to mine: life begins later in the term. I don't know much about his fiscal views, except that he helped filibuster a lot of obama's stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Brown

That's him. I'll see if his platform is listed on there. Most Neo conservatives either did not know about his abortion views, or they thought he was good enough for the situation at the time.

I read over his views. I disagree with a third of them. On some of them it is hard to tell if he is just giving lip service or is unaware that his plan won't get voted for. Overall, I'd vote for him.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bill Maher for President!!

Nene

Reaction score
Also, CCS is right. Kucinich is very different from Paul. Paul is a libertarian which means he doesn't want to tax and he wants as little government as possible. He would do away with pretty much all government interference in business, government agencies, social security, medicare etc. He would let business run a muck, no one would be watching them to be sure that they aren't polluting too much or putting carcinogens in our food and products. Anyone who gets sick or loses a job would have to fend for themselves. Kucinich is progressive so he would tax, but rather than focus on spending tax dollars on wars and military spending, he would use it for healthcare for all, unemployment benefits, aid for the elderly and impoverished, and other programs to help benefit ordinary Americans who are struggling. He doesn't want to spend our tax dollars on killing people in Afghanistan and Iraq. To his credit, Paul also doesn't want to spend tax dollars on senseless wars but he also doesn't want to spend tax dollars on ordinary Americans either, he just believes in the free market.

CCS

Reaction score
I actually prefer scott brown a bit to ron paul. Not sure which I'd vote for. I don't like Ron Paul's super strict anti-abortion stance, but I do like his common sense approach to most else.

Jacob

Reaction score
Ron Paul reminds me of Ross Perot...if he really wanted it he'd run outside of the Republican party. Ross Perot for some odd reason seemed to chicken out when things got good for him...what was the excuse again- some tabloid threats against his daughter or something :dunno:

And no..we do not need higher taxes here....good grieeeeeeeeeeeeef.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:

Would you prefer simply letting the government go bankrupt?

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:

Would you prefer simply letting the government go bankrupt?

Sure, why not? It wouldn't be the taxpayers fault. But seriously...we're not going to tax our way into prosperity, especially in this economy. Lower taxes result in increased revenue anyway. Cut spending. Stick to the Constitution. We'll be fine.

If you want to pay higher taxes, feel free to do so. I wouldn't bother asking John Kerry to volunteer though.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Lower taxes result in increased revenue anyway.

Oh really? If we lower everybody's income tax to 1% per year, do you think that will increase revenue?

Jacob

Reaction score
Oh really? If we increase everyone's income tax to 99% per year, do you think that would solve all our problems?

I'm sure Bryan goes out of his way to pay more taxes every year. Does nothing to decrease his payments to the only one that can solve our problems..the gov't. Even adds another 10%. :punk:

CCS

Reaction score
somone uk said:
does anyone in america vote for anyone aside from democratic or republican?
i suppose this is the major flaw in first past the post voting

What voting system do you have for executive offices? I know you have proportional representation for legislatures.

I also heard no one over there counts their votes. They just vote, and the same international corporations that count our votes count yours too. Do you trust that system?

CCS

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:
Lower taxes result in increased revenue anyway.

Oh really? If we lower everybody's income tax to 1% per year, do you think that will increase revenue?

What is more important? Growing the economy and private wealth? Or giving the government more revenue?

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
The "lower taxes for more revenue" is silly. Government does not need more revenue. It needs to cut military spending, stop overseas aid, and cut entitlements. Then it can start paying back debt.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
CCS said:
What is more important? Growing the economy and private wealth? Or giving the government more revenue?

I'm not sure which is more important.