Walker Tape base tape. Has anyone tried it with a lace base with stronger tape. For easy cleanup and daily wear?

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
After researching for ages trying to find a solution for daily/few days wear with tape for lace. I might have found a solution.

I saw Walker Tape makes a single sided tape called base tape.

I wonder whether it will work on a lace base with Walker Lace Front tape as an easy to remove and cleanup solution for daily/few days wear?
If so I have more options than just trying got2b glued.
I've tried many many tapes with Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector(which almost does f*** all for me)all causing crazy itching by day 4 and had to remove them. Cleanup was a pain in the ***.
I've tried glue,an absolute nightmare to clean from a lace base and my scalp.

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
46 views and no f*****g reply.

Well I've taken it into my own hands now.
I'll try more than 2 layers of Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector but doubtful it will make much of a difference.

I also ordered KP Skin Med liquid bandage hopefully as a better scalp protector.
And I ordered Walker Base Tape,Walker Duo Tac and both the yellow and the black Got2b glued hair gel for trying daily wear.
Also I ordered 99% iso alcohol incase the surgical spirit isn't cleaning my scalp properly after shampooing it before install.
When they arrive I'll hope I can find a solution to wearing.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know your problem, but you´re on the wrong way.
You can cream or whatever as many scalp protector on your scalp, it won´t help you.
You have to "see" something in the ingredients. You just try the same sh*t ever and ever. Every Ghostbond, Platinum, XXL, etc pp has the same thing in it. The same is got2be, as I would never mention to use. Not just because it´s not designed to glue a hair system on your scalp.....
You have to switch and try something complete different - there are many bonds out there....

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
46 views and no f*****g reply.

Well I've taken it into my own hands now.
I'll try more than 2 layers of Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector but doubtful it will make much of a difference.

I also ordered KP Skin Med liquid bandage hopefully as a better scalp protector.
And I ordered Walker Base Tape,Walker Duo Tac and both the yellow and the black Got2b glued hair gel for trying daily wear.
Also I ordered 99% iso alcohol incase the surgical spirit isn't cleaning my scalp properly after shampooing it before install.
When they arrive I'll hope I can find a solution to wearing.
hair system is a pretty unpopular thing on most forums sadly, doubt you'll get much traction here, maybe there's a more specialized forum (that I dont know of)

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know your problem, but you´re on the wrong way.
You can cream or whatever as many scalp protector on your scalp, it won´t help you.
You have to "see" something in the ingredients. You just try the same sh*t ever and ever. Every Ghostbond, Platinum, XXL, etc pp has the same thing in it. The same is got2be, as I would never mention to use. Not just because it´s not designed to glue a hair system on your scalp.....
You have to switch and try something complete different - there are many bonds out there....
I've tried many tapes though. Like at least 10 others.

And I'm not doing horrible toxic solvent glue again. Besides it will be a pain to clean up from a lace base.
I did try one years ago(Walker Ultra Hold glue) and I had a severe asthma attack from the vapour.
Lucky I didn't end up in hospital.

I been wearing on and off since 2017.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After 5 years of wearing,in similar situation. Need to detach after 5 days as scalp is itchy. Scalp protector doesn't help. I too just ordered the kp product..Hopefully it will help. Tried many tapes also, all tge same to me. At hairline i use ultrahold glue, sometimes ghostbound...cleaning lace is part of the process...nothing is easy lol.