Walker Rapid Release? Anyone Tried It?

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just found out about it & it seems cleaner &, from video, more effective than C22. etc.

Any personal experiences?
This stuff is amazing for cleaning the system when you do a regroom. All the stubborn glue comes right off. I don't do a long soak but just spray it on both sides and work it into the lace by squeezing the lace. Then add loads of shampoo and rinse it off. Depending on how much build up there is, this needs to be done multiple times. It's just a much more effective version of C-22.

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score
This stuff is amazing for cleaning the system when you do a regroom. All the stubborn glue comes right off. I don't do a long soak but just spray it on both sides and work it into the lace by squeezing the lace. Then add loads of shampoo and rinse it off. Depending on how much build up there is, this needs to be done multiple times. It's just a much more effective version of C-22.
Nice,does it stink or have a strong scent to it? Unscented would be great.
I have to use C22 with a respirator mask or it can set my asthma off.

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice,does it stink or have a strong scent to it? Unscented would be great.
I have to use C22 with a respirator mask or it can set my asthma off.
Yes need to use a very well ventilated space. Although if you just spray it on and then work it into the lace then rinse it it's not too bad. if you plan to do a soak then it would smell a lot. Also best to use gloves with it.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes need to use a very well ventilated space. Although if you just spray it on and then work it into the lace then rinse it it's not too bad. if you plan to do a soak then it would smell a lot. Also best to use gloves with it.
So you take off your lace piece, have a total mess there & don't mess w cotton wool or anything?

You simply spray this product on the base, wait & begin shampooin'g it out?

How long does you keep the product on before washing? And do you wash with shampoo the first time, or do a round or two w dish liquid/soap.

Founds amazing. I find C22 is so thick/oily shampoo isn't enough to get it out. And once I start using dishsoap, the color & quality of the hair starts to drop dramatically...

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you take off your lace piece, have a total mess there & don't mess w cotton wool or anything?
Use cotton wool + IPA for the stuff I can get out with that first.

You simply spray this product on the base, wait & begin shampooin'g it out?
Spray on both sides liberally and massage it into the lace. Massaging it into the lace is key as really breaks down the glue.

How long does you keep the product on before washing? And do you wash with shampoo the first time, or do a round or two w dish liquid/soap.
Maybe 1 min while massaging it in. Then while the rapid release is in, I mix with shampoo then rinse it all a few times with shampoo. Just use cheap Shampoo for this purpose.

Repeat that if necessary then just use some decent shampoo and condition it.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use cotton wool + IPA for the stuff I can get out with that first.

Spray on both sides liberally and massage it into the lace. Massaging it into the lace is key as really breaks down the glue.

Maybe 1 min while massaging it in. Then while the rapid release is in, I mix with shampoo then rinse it all a few times with shampoo. Just use cheap Shampoo for this purpose.

Repeat that if necessary then just use some decent shampoo and condition it.
What is IPA?

I really can't stand Poly and want to go back to lace. What glue do you use? Also, what about scalp protector?

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is IPA?
Isopropyl Alcohol
What glue do you use?
Mity Tite. It holds well for a week and I think I can push it it two but clean-up would be a nightmare. There is balance to be struck between number of layers, hold time & clean-up. It's like ultra hold but VERY easy to apply. It's almost water like consistency.

Also, what about scalp protector?
Anywhere there is tape I use the max hold sport one. For the front I use just the normal spray on one as the thicker ones seem to complicate matters.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh I can't use tape as it causes a bad reaction for me. When you use Walker Regular Scalp Protector Spray does the front stay down for the entire week?

Never knew there was a "daily hold" clear glue. Ultra hold is a total mess. Mity Tite holds for a week, or do you reapply at the hairline, or whatnot, every day?

I didn't know you were using tape too. That's easy as pie to remove after a week. I was so elated about this Rapid Release, for full bonding.

Thanks for your help!

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
1-10 days on Mity Tite. Why on earth would someone wear something like this for a day before regrooming??? Unless it doesn't leave a mess?

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh I can't use tape as it causes a bad reaction for me. When you use Walker Regular Scalp Protector Spray does the front stay down for the entire week?
Yes
Never knew there was a "daily hold" clear glue. Ultra hold is a total mess. Mity Tite holds for a week, or do you reapply at the hairline, or whatnot, every day?
No - it holds for a week for me really well. I apply once a week with small touch-ups sometimes necessary depending on how well I did it over the weekend.

I didn't know you were using tape too. That's easy as pie to remove after a week. I was so elated about this Rapid Release, for full bonding.
Works good for glue but remember you have to massage it into the lace and that breaks down the glue fast. The two salons I've been to both do this all the time to clean lace. Either with C-22 or Rapid Release. Squeezing the cleaning product into the lace and breaking down the glue.

1-10 days on Mity Tite. Why on earth would someone wear something like this for a day before regrooming??? Unless it doesn't leave a mess?
I can only speak from experience and what works for me reliably. I get a week's hold however sometimes towards the end of the week need to do a few touch-ups on very small sections. I use around 3 very thin layers. Clean-up isn't overly messy IMO. Cotton wool & IPA does most of it. Anything left over I use C-22 very carefully and try and get out what I can while it's still on my head. When I do a regroom I just use rapid release.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes

No - it holds for a week for me really well. I apply once a week with small touch-ups sometimes necessary depending on how well I did it over the weekend.

Works good for glue but remember you have to massage it into the lace and that breaks down the glue fast. The two salons I've been to both do this all the time to clean lace. Either with C-22 or Rapid Release. Squeezing the cleaning product into the lace and breaking down the glue.

I can only speak from experience and what works for me reliably. I get a week's hold however sometimes towards the end of the week need to do a few touch-ups on very small sections. I use around 3 very thin layers. Clean-up isn't overly messy IMO. Cotton wool & IPA does most of it. Anything left over I use C-22 very carefully and try and get out what I can while it's still on my head. When I do a regroom I just use rapid release.
I think I'm going back to lace and Got2B Black Gel. Worked amazingly for me, but I never tested beyond a day.

UTS does not work well w that gel, despite ppl suggesting otherwise. Only it starts peeling, and that could be triggered by anything, it's over.