WAKE UP TO MERCKS LIES!!

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
The pharmaceutical companies aren't perfect and the FDA certainly isn't perfect either. The point is, there are hard working scientists that went to school and studied hard to learn how to synthesize medicine so they can be sold from the pharmaceutical companies to people who need medication to improve the quality of life and to even save life in many cases.

To come on this forum and post an article against Finasteride is not a good idea since it can scare those away who could potentially benefit from the medication. There are complaints with every single medication, even with over-the-counter medicine.

EricGerard

Reaction score
In your wild hysteria to get people not to take finasteride you got caught up by a very simple reading and logical error.

"The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry study included 61 men who formerly used Propecia who experienced more than three months of sexual side effects, and had no history of depression, sexual problems or any sort of psychiatric disorders."

So that is the study group: 61 men who have 1. used Propecia in the past AND 2. experienced more than 3 months of sexual side effects. The percentage of men who fit that description are well below 1% of all users who take propecia. Sexual side effects are actually unlikely in propecia users (barely more than placebo generally, if you bothered to read the actual scientific peer-reviewed studies).

Notice how that is hugely different than saying 44% of all men who take propecia have thoughts of suicide, which is what you are saying. That is extremely misleading. At best all you can say is that 44% of men who have both used propecia in the past AND suffered persistent sexual side effects have thoughts of suicide. Again, that number is a very small minority of all propecia users.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
In your wild hysteria to get people not to take finasteride you got caught up by a very simple reading and logical error.

"The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry study included 61 men who formerly used Propecia who experienced more than three months of sexual side effects, and had no history of depression, sexual problems or any sort of psychiatric disorders."

So that is the study group: 61 men who have 1. used Propecia in the past AND 2. experienced more than 3 months of sexual side effects. The percentage of men who fit that description are well below 1% of all users who take propecia. Sexual side effects are actually unlikely in propecia users (barely more than placebo generally, if you bothered to read the actual scientific peer-reviewed studies).

Notice how that is hugely different than saying 44% of all men who take propecia have thoughts of suicide, which is what you are saying. That is extremely misleading. At best all you can say is that 44% of men who have both used propecia in the past AND suffered persistent sexual side effects have thoughts of suicide. Again, that number is a very small minority of all propecia users.

retards like the OP only allow their brain to absorb what they want it to. I'm sure he read that part but was too dumb to understand it

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
44% of people that take propecia get suicidal thoughts mostly due to sexual dysfunction this is not a joke!

That is a pretty conclusive statement considering the study was pretty far from being conclusive:

"The preliminary findings of this study warrant further research with controlled studies," the researchers wrote in the study."

"However, it's important to note that this study only finds a link between the two."

Please stop with the BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Also look at the groups of men in the study. You had one group of men that took propecia and had to stop due to sides. No doubt they continued to bald without anything they could do about it. That in itself would be a pretty depressing fact. I wouldn't doubt that somebody that cared enough to take a prescription drug to treat their hair loss would be pretty bent out of shape if they thought they were impotent and on top of that had no choice but accept going bald.

The other group of guys never bothered to treat their hair loss. Most likely didn't care enough to try to stop it and accepted going bald. Huge psychological difference between the two groups.

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
fuk u! little cry babies like u will be the ones that get this banned, meanwhile its the only real solution for the rest of us that dont really get side effects

its up to the individual if they wanna take finasteride or not or quit or start it up, not some little cry baby like the op

- - - Updated - - -

retards like the OP only allow their brain to absorb what they want it to. I'm sure he read that part but was too dumb to understand it
he is suffering from post-finasteride permeate brain fog, it has affected his mental abilities

abcdefg

Reaction score
How about giving us a viable alternative treatment to propecia instead of criticizing the one viable treatment that exists and works well? No one uses it for fun it is out of necessity because its all that works. So people in a desperate situation are using what exists. So go bald if you dont want to use it or risk those sides because no one will care.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
fuk u! little cry babies like u will be the ones that get this banned, meanwhile its the only real solution for the rest of us that dont really get side effects

That's what they would like, but it's not going to happen. They can't use anything to stop their hair loss and want the rest of us to be screwed just like they are.

- - - Updated - - -

How about giving us a viable alternative treatment to propecia instead of criticizing the one viable treatment that exists and works well? No one uses it for fun it is out of necessity because its all that works. So people in a desperate situation are using what exists.

They aren't here to help anybody save their hair at all. They don't offer anything but information(most of it inconclusive at best) to scare us away from treating our hair loss. Instead of hoping that we have success with treatments, they hope we also get sides so we can join in and promote their anti finasteride message. Don't expect anything useful from these guys as far as anything to keep your hair.

and I agree 100% with the last 3 sentences of your post.

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
"who formerly used Propecia who experienced more than three months of sexual side effects, and had no history of depression, sexual problems or any sort of psychiatric disorders"

So, basically the study was done on the propeciahelp community.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
44% of people that take propecia get suicidal thoughts mostly due to sexual dysfunction this is not a joke! Its about time that this drug which has caused many suicidal deaths gets investigated by the FDA

Source:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/propecia-depression-finasteride_n_1757935.html

No kidding,..
But i have a question?
Who asked ALL the guys that take/took finasteride, so he measured that percent?
OR if he used only a SAMPLE, who assures use that the sample really is representative for the big populatiion that takes finasteride?

Suicidal thoughts? Hair loss may be responsible for that.

beaner

Reaction score
No kidding,..
But i have a question?
Who asked ALL the guys that take/took finasteride, so he measured that percent?
OR if he used only a SAMPLE, who assures use that the sample really is representative for the big populatiion that takes finasteride?

Suicidal thoughts? Hair loss may be responsible for that.

The OP/troll didn't even comprehend the article. It was 44% out of a group of 61 former Propecia users who quit because of side effects. So basically less than 30 guys had suicidal thoughts in this so called 'study'.

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
Who the **** even takes Merck finasteride Anyway lol.

I wish my sex drive dropped a bit on finasteride. My sex drive is out on control.

Baylad

Reaction score
needs more research and studies, as long as you can trust the papers released. The question is who is funding them and why?

chipsy

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of finasteride. Hasnt effected my libido one bit. I did get a little ball ache the first month in but nothing worth having a cry over. The fear mongering has really got to stop. My theory is if you take the medication with a positive outlook you can avoid all these dark thoughts of e.d/gyno etc. Give it a go. Haters gonna hate

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of finasteride. Hasnt effected my libido one bit. I did get a little ball ache the first month in but nothing worth having a cry over. The fear mongering has really got to stop. My theory is if you take the medication with a positive outlook you can avoid all these dark thoughts of e.d/gyno etc. Give it a go. Haters gonna hate

Really, I wander how positive will be your outlook when you get some of those nonexistent sides, but maybe you will be positive again who knows only time will tell.