Wait So How Tf Long Do Meds Work For

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep seeing different stories. finasteride regrew hair. finasteride just maintained. finasteride still made me lose hair.

I see some people saying I took finasteride for 2 years and losing hair again. I took finasteride plus xxx and still losing hair 2 years later. And then I see people say they just took finasteride or dutasteride for 15 years and never had a problem and just kept their hair.

I’m a little inexperienced but here is my go to method I was thinking of doing:

I want to use finasteride 1-1.25 mg a day or every other day and see how that works. Then if that stops working I want to add dutasteride. And then if dutasteride stops working I want to add min but still nervous because people said min aged them. Then if that stops working I’ll add topical spironolactone and then if that stops working I’ll add RU and then keep going on. Plus I wanna try natural stuff on top of everything like rosemary oil or whatever else works.

will that work? Just start off with a light regimen and then add another med once it stops working until I’m taking 10 different meds and topicals? And that will buy me a couple decades until I can come to terms with killing my self? Right? The biggest thing I’m worried about is aging my face or something i moisturize a lot and everything and try to eat healthy and take care of myself.

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride and minoxidil work synergistically so it's good to start off with both of those, and then experiment with other things if you want more regrowth or they aren't working for you. Finasteride alone maintains for 5 years for a majority of people. If you just need to maintain that's all you need.
I deff need regrowth but just a little bit would be good enough

HairletCope

My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep seeing different stories. finasteride regrew hair. finasteride just maintained. finasteride still made me lose hair.

I see some people saying I took finasteride for 2 years and losing hair again. I took finasteride plus xxx and still losing hair 2 years later. And then I see people say they just took finasteride or dutasteride for 15 years and never had a problem and just kept their hair.

And that's exactly why you should ideally stay the f*** off message boards.

I’m a little inexperienced but here is my go to method I was thinking of doing:

I want to use finasteride 1-1.25 mg a day or every other day and see how that works. Then if that stops working I want to add dutasteride. And then if dutasteride stops working I want to add min but still nervous because people said min aged them. Then if that stops working I’ll add topical spironolactone and then if that stops working I’ll add RU and then keep going on. Plus I wanna try natural stuff on top of everything like rosemary oil or whatever else works.

This is actually a surprisingly good plan, except for the spironolactone (wtf?).

The order goes: 1mg finasteride, 0.5mg dutasteride, minoxidil/dermarolling, low-dose RU (or Breezula when it comes out), mega-dose dutasteride, mega-dose RU. Be consistent and level-headed. Give each step AT LEAST six months before you move on, and stop when you like the way your hair looks (i.e. don't add anything you don't actually need).

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah start finasteride, give it 12 months if you are just maintaining and not getting any regrowth add minoxidil. Topical spironolactone is useless stay away from that.

Last edited: