VR system installed - thoughts and pictures.

s1nemesis1s

Reaction score
Update 6/8/2016 –
I just got fitted with my new system and got a great deal of length this time since my side hair has grown out so much. I am sorry I don’t have any pictures, I will post some soon – my phone is slowly dying.
So, since my last fitting, all glue, the weather has turned very hot. I have been about 4.5 weeks out and here is what I experienced:
1. I could sweat and work out fine, but I noticed that about 4 weeks in my bond in the back had come a little loose. I noticed this after I had done a TON of yard work in 90 + degree weather. I cooled down, and was able to push it back down and it stuck! I did notice that it came up once when I combed my hair sorta hard on that side, enough for me to slip a finger in. Again, I pushed it down and it stayed – this was after a pretty warm shower.

2. I would say if you are going all glue, and none of the microtape, then 3 weeks is as long as I would go in the summer, unless you reattach yourself, or are prepared to put a little tape on yourself if it comes up to often.

3. Today I got a lace front VR unit and I am very pleased, the hairline looks super natural. I go back in 3 weeks, even though I got the tape and glue, just to be certain. Plus, I did get a bunch of hair this time, I went for a Beckham side part look, which is a big side part.

4. My experience has been positive – once I realized, “it’s not going to come off my head, and that it would go back down, all was good. This is the downside of a salon – you have to go back and have them do it. Mine has an open door policy, if I want to go back tomorrow I could, or if I wanted to do weekly I could, however I live 1.5 hours away and I think 3 weeks will be fine.

5. I am sure DIY is great, and I am looking into it, but for now, this makes the most sense for me.

The big take away is, if you do work outside, exercise a lot - get taped a bit. If not, then glue will probably be fine on it.
I am still loving my hair, and I will post pictures soon.

Oh let me add, I went to the dentist and she totally thought I had just grown my hair in. Fooled everyone. Then at the end, after she said how nice it looked I told them that while it was my hair…I paid for it…in other words it is a system. She called everyone in to look at it got positive reviews, the ladies thought it was great I cared enough about my appearance to do something like that.