VOVVIE's story

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all fellow receders, thinners, and recoverers..
My name is Bobby, and i have thinning and receding hair.
I am 19 years old, and my hair has been sh*t since i was about 16.
I used rogaine for a while, some time back, and it seemed to help make it thicker. As my hair grew i decided to stop using it.
I plan on going on Propecia/finpecia or proscar/fincar some time very soon, when i can afford it. (i am poor btw). and am still not sure about the authenticity, though im growing more faithful of it.
I have high hopes for my recovery;
I am still very young, starting now may give me 5, 10 possible 15 years of descent hair (if im lucky, which i seem to be). In that span of time who knows what else will come out to help with male pattern baldness.

I was a good responder for Rogaine, at least while i was using it right.. I know thats all external, but its gotta count as something.

I am fairly handsome (i think) and have a descently shaped head, so if it comes down to it shaving my head shouldnt be nothing i cant adjust to :p.

I was afraid of the side effects of finasteride, but relinquished my fears by being smart and educating myself on the issue. So a drop in lobito (sp) doesnt seem to be as much of a threat if it even occurs at all..

and my life is going good...

i may be too optomistic, but who gives a f***. its better than worrying yourself to death over nothign you can control :D...

Thanks for hearing me out all

KevinW

Established Member
Reaction score
Optimism can be your best friend, don't lose hope!!

One correction for your terminology. Propecia and Proscar are more closely related, in a manner of speaking, than the other two variants you listed. Proscar is 5mg of finasteride while Propecia is 1mg, both of these made by Merck, the drug company. Fincar and Finpecia are generics and are generally considered to be as good (maybe) and theyre cheaper.

It may not be a bad idea to keep using Rogaine since you responded well to it. Also, many use Nizoral, which is a shampoo that you can use 2-3x a week.

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i think ill probably go for 1 dose of rogaine a day though.. i hear that its really all you need and also im using proscar already.