Voice Changing????

Goofus

Reaction score
Has there been any reports of voice getting higher when using finasteride? I would think it quite possible since I hear others saying they have lost body hair.

astral week

Established Member
Reaction score
Unless it happens in .001% or .0001% of those on propecia, it would have been listed as a side effect. THe chances of remotely significant side effects on propecia are about 2%. People report more side effects because:
1. people losing their hair are WAY more paranoid and actively looking for possible side effects. I take it that you're losing hair; I bet you can recall being more than a little paranoid since it started.
2. sh*t happens. If your breasts get bigger, maybe you should go do a little cardio before racing to hairlossforum.com and reporting that propecia made you grow breasts. Sometimes your balls are sore for a while for no apparent reason, sometimes your nipples are sensitive. But the fact is, propecia causes sides in just 2% of people.

don't let threat of sides or even a few people reporting weird sides scare you. fact of life: sh*t happens and people are paranoid. If even the exceptionally paranoid people on this site such as myself haven't mentioned it, then REALLY don't worry about it.

bubka

Reaction score
Goofus said:
Has there been any reports of voice getting higher when using finasteride? I would think it quite possible since I hear others saying they have lost body hair.
less body hair is because of less dht... the cells on the vocal chords are not sensitive to dht, plus i don' think they can change, even with female sex hormone therapy

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I swear that when I quit finasteride I started growing hair on my back and had a deeper voice.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
jakeb said:
Call me crazy, but I swear that when I quit finasteride I started growing hair on my back and had a deeper voice.

I sprouted hair all over my body when I quit finasteride.. it's entirely possible that finasteride will make your voice "higher", assuming it's the testosterone/DHT that controls it.

Ever heard the voice of a castrated man? (not that I'm implying finasteride/dutasteride = castrated, cause you still have plenty of testosterone)

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I love all these crazy questions and posts.

finasteride turned my p3nis black. finasteride made me talk like a girl. I think finasteride made my p3nis shrink to 1cm long. I think finasteride made me grow 36DD breasts. I think finasteride made my testices grow legs and walk away, turning me into a eunuch.

I'll add my own crazy side effect. I think finasteride made my "unit" grow to 11" long. Watch out Dirk Diggler. :roll:

dutch

Reaction score
propecia make you into woman

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Far Too Young said:
Finasteride made me ejaculate malt liquor.

You're lucky then. Your girlfriends can get drunk for free, and you must be a very happy man.

astral week

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride raped my grandmother.