VITAMINS THAT WORK

johnrts

Reaction score
Can somebody be kind enough to compile a list of vitamins and

non-prescription supplaments that actually work in helping to stop hair loss

and keeping hair healthy?

I know there are some vitamins that actually work out there...

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Zinc
Iron
Folic acid
Biotin
Amino acids
Nourkrin Man
Vitamin B12

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What I am taking has stopped any further loss for me. Of course you might need less or something totally different. This has worked for me. It is IH's regimen plus a couple additional things.

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
sublime, you actually take all that stuff??
how much $ do you spend each month on your regimen?

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow... how did you come up with that regimen? That is off the charts.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that's insane and a waste of money.

do you ever find time to eat actual food?

beernuts_123

Reaction score
I take Multivitamins (Centrum brand) and Biofen Plus.

I've been on Biofen Plus for more than 1/2 year but I don't think it's doing anything.
I wouldn't suggest it.

Multivitamins though, are however good for you anyway.

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
with that regimen sublime will get the last laugh on all of us, when hes 173 years old flying cars, and were long gone.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
That's a $hitload of pills.

johnrts

Reaction score
sublime said:
What I am taking has stopped any further loss for me. Of course you might need less or something totally different. This has worked for me. It is IH's regimen plus a couple additional things.

I HAVE to ask, How much does that regimen run you?

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sublime said:

Sublime: ridiculous.

5000mg of biotin? I know it's water soluble, but with a US RDA of 300mcg you need to be careful. Your body will throw out any excess, but as it works on the nervous system there potential damage being done.

You'd be far better off eating the food that contains those nutrients.

Reaction score
why is it ridiculous? its just about being proactive and holistic. :)

have you ever seen an interview with either madonna or david bowie? both look incredible for their age. and they take about 3x the amount of supplements/anti-oxidants/other stuff that sublime does.

i'll try and find a link to prove it. its definitely not ridiculous.

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
allen_australia said:
why is it ridiculous? its just about being proactive and holistic. :)

have you ever seen an interview with either madonna or david bowie? both look incredible for their age. and they take about 3x the amount of supplements/anti-oxidants/other stuff that sublime does.

i'll try and find a link to prove it. its definitely not ridiculous.

I'm of the opinion that Madonna and David Bowie owe their 'younger look' primarily to cosmetic surgery. Of course taking care of what you put into your body is extremely important and the research on antioxidants is exciting.

However, overdosing is quite a different matter. It's like the belief that if something's natural and organic it must be good for you and if chemically man-made it must be bad. We know that to be unfounded, but our bodies are designed to extract the nutrients it needs using digestion, and simply bypassing that procedure in favour of shortcuts can't be a good thing.

Reaction score
true optimistic, however nothing in sublime's regimem indicates "overdosing". they are all different supplements playing different roles in the body. the synergy between a lot of them is important also.

were someone to take say 20 of any one particular pill per day i could consider that "overdosing", but not when there is such variety as in sublime's regimem.

johnrts

Reaction score
So..

so what other vitamins work in fighting hair loss and keeping hair healthy?

Which are the most researched and generally accepted to work?

Logic1

Established Member
Reaction score
blueshard said:
I am sure that he meant 5 mg not 5000 mg

Right, 1000mcg is equivalent to 1mg... i'm sure it was just a typo and he ment to write 5000mcg or 5mg

johnrts

Reaction score
yeah

so which Vitamins from Sublime's regimen actually are the best to take? :!:

i would ask him directly but i dont think he's gonna post in here after every1

bashed his regimen

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend taking that many vitamins/herbs... I read somewhere that they can counter-act each other and cancel each other out

I take MSM, Turmeric, Grapeseed extract, kelp and biotin.