VITAMIN B12 complex

kisstopherp

Reaction score
Does anyone take vitamin b12 complex as the only thing in thier regimin. I have been taking if for about a year. I didn't think it made a difference so i stopped for about a week and i was shedding way more hair in the shower than when i was on it. Like intead of 3-4 hairs it was like 10-12 hairs. So i went back on it. Has anyone else had similar experiences or is mine simply bogus?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Could have been just a coincedence. B12 is good for the hair, but stopping hairloss alone with it would be pretty useless as it does not do anything about DHT.

Snipes

Reaction score
kisstopherp said:
Does anyone take vitamin b12 complex as the only thing in thier regimin. I have been taking if for about a year. I didn't think it made a difference so i stopped for about a week and i was shedding way more hair in the shower than when i was on it. Like intead of 3-4 hairs it was like 10-12 hairs. So i went back on it. Has anyone else had similar experiences or is mine simply bogus?

I think the same thing is happening to me...I was taking 2500mcg of Methyl B12 then stopped cause I ran out. Now I am starting to shed more hair, I have ordered some more but its taking ages because I have to get it from the US. It may be coincidence, I suppose i will find out when I start taking it again.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you get all the Vitamin B12 you need from eating 2 banana's a day. If you consume anymore your body doesnt use it and it comes out in your urine. If you have too much vitamin B12 it jsut makes more work for your kidneys and can do some damanage if done over a long period of time.

Check the facts for yourself! GO and look them up

Christoph

Reaction score
I apply a spectrum of vitamins and things topically because I want my hair to have a large dose of B vit and dozens of other nutrients .My logic in this is to avoid unneeded stress on organs and besides ,how much of the nutrients REALLY make it to the hair cell???Probably less than what is needed to "stimulate" and encourage larger shaft growth .You end up with healthy little useless vellus .Topical is recommended I can say from personal experience .The hair has certainly responded alot better to the finasteride/min since I started vit topical .

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
christoph, where can you buy this topical vitamin? also i have read that the pyridoxal is the best form of vitamin b versus pyrodixine, which some reports claim to raise dht levels

Christoph

Reaction score
Interesting ,I didn't know that .Thanks for the info .I actually make my own .I add three hairloss products to it an then dump powder capsule vits in it as well as aminos also q10 to increase Bs efficiency .Goto the Jason's thin to thick post for link .

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
Christoph said:
Interesting ,I didn't know that .Thanks for the info .I actually make my own .I add three hairloss products to it an then dump powder capsule vits in it as well as aminos also q10 to increase Bs efficiency .

heres the info on pyridoxal vs. pyridoxine.....

Androgen hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases under the influence of pyridoxine derivatives.

Kniewald Z, Zechner V, Kniewald J.

Faculty of Food Technology and Biotechnology, University of Zagreb, Croatia.

The metabolism of testosterone in the rat ventral prostate, anterior pituitary, basal hypothalamus and amygdala was studied in vitro under the influence of vitamin B6 compounds. The influence of these compounds on the activity of 5 alpha-reductase (5 alpha-R), 3 alpha- and 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3 alpha-HSD, 17 beta-HSD) was determined for all the examined tissues. Pyridoxine hydrochloride significantly increased the activity of 5 alpha-R, 3 alpha- and 17 beta-HSD, but pyridoxal hydrochloride had an inhibitory influence on 5 alpha-R and showed no effect on 3 alpha-HSD activity at the prostate level. Male rat anterior pituitary, basal hypothalamus or amygdala incubated with pyridoxal phosphate and pyridoxal hydrochloride showed modified enzymatic activities. Pyridoxal hydrochloride showed an inhibitory effect on 5 alpha-R in the rat pituitary and basal hypothalamus as well as in the rat prostate.

PMID: 1421208 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Christoph

Reaction score
I have dutasteride in the solution .So it makes the solution unexspectedly well rounded .Also q10 which increases its efficiency and anti-inflammation qualities .