Visit To Advanced Hair Studio In England

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, i am receding at the temples and the trichologist said my hair is miniturising.
He said that for £1,800 i can get treatment which includes a low light laser helmet, minoxidl,some hair shampoo and other drugs for a 6 months course.

i said to him i can just go out and get regaine at a fraction of the price, he said that it will just lead to peach fuzz hair and that its the combination of treatments that will get my hair to grow back.

any advice as £1,800 pounds is a lot of money to pay ?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay bro. I'll give you the shortest answer ever: The ''regime'' will probably work, but for $1800 that's def. a scam

There's low evidence that support Lower laser therapy,

Minoxidil can be purchased for $100/year through Ebay.

Hair shampoos do not work.

With drugs I assume he means finasteride. You can get finasteride for about $100/year aswell.

Don't fall for it!

What you need is to read through the hairloss prevention section on this website. The studio is probably going to give you treatments that work, but with waaaay higher costs.

Thinlizzy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to echo the above. I went through the EXACT same scenario.

I don’t know much about low light laser helmets. They sound like largely balls
When I was 23 I went through the same thing. Had the same advice (I’m 36 now). How old are you? Asking as it determines how to tackle this. minoxidil and finasteride are really cheap online. You in the uk? Pics might help

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
They're a flat out scam. They will do tests to tell you the obvious and sell you finasteride and Rogaine for 10 times the price. LLLT (helmet/comb) Is pretty useless.

Get on generic finasteride,minoxidil and nizoral. It will be as effective for a fraction of the price. f*** them wankers.

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi, im 32. guess i started receding from age 30 albeit slowly.
i'll post some pics up when in next day or so.

i've ordered regenepure dr hair shampoo which contains Ketoconazole.
i'm worried about the side effects of finasteride if i go on it. also im a lazy bugger so fear i may miss an application of regaine lol

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you should go on finasteride, and if you aren't satisfied you can go for minoxidil 1 / day before sleep in the future.

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, this is my hairline, as you can see im receding at the temples and just under them too.
not sure what stage i am in terms of norwood scale.
Will finasteride help with the front hairline?
advanced hair studio guy said my hair folices are miniturising hence i cant see them but we could do when he used his microscope camera.

front june 2018.jpg left june 2018.jpg right june 2018.jpg

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi folks, i went to a Boots pharmacy on Saturday (national UK chain of chemists).
anyway the pharmacist was reading various statements to me that i had to agree to in order to enroll on the finasteride treatment.
one statement was that with long term use it could lead to infertility. i havent got kids yet but would like to some day so this gave me the shock up the spine.

i'm now thinking to start regaine (minoxidil).

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi folks, i've not posted in a while.
I've been on Regaine since July 2018 and also started Finasteride (Propecia) about 4 months ago.

I'm now considering quitting finasteride, i have developed overactive bladder (OAB) and am getting the urge to pee all day.
I'm depressed and tired from this, its dramatically changed my life for the worse. The OAB may not be related to finasteride, but to me surely it's worth stopping to see if my urge to pass urine symptom improves.

Any advice?