Virtually immediate shedding upon taking finasteride...

kypro

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have over the past three or four years tried to use finasteride at 1mg a day.... the issue is though that I almost invariably get chronic shedding pretty much straight away after taking the drug... shedding will go from 10 hairs a day to about 30 hairs a day when I'm on 1mg a day.

I gave up on it for a while and went a year without it. I have never had the guts to go a whole year on 1mg a day because all the shedding made me feel sick at the sight of it.

Two months ago, I decided I would bite the bullet as I have nothing to lose and start 1mg a day. I know I'll lose my hair anyway if I don't try.

Two months in shedding seems to be accelerating more and more and I'll lose at least 30 hairs when showering and applying hair product. Without propecia, I lose about a third of that amount.

In my position, would you continue? Or throw in the towel? I want to try a whole year but am terrified what i'm experiencing is a telogen effluvium due to the med and nto the ordinary shedding. I am inclined to just stick it out because giving up on propecia means sure and certain hair loss anyway.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

John

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
not to criticize you but shedding under 100 hairs a day

really ISNT shedding

anything under 100 hairs a day is considered normal

sorry to burst your dilemma

keep up with your treatments

cheers mate

Gene_Fighter

Established Member
Reaction score
The body naturally sheds anywhere up to a hundred or so hairs every day, or more depending on the person. If you are constantly looking for shedding you will always find it. I know that for me personally I could probably collect close to 100 hairs a day if I was really looking. Just run your fingers through your arm or leg hair right now and I bet you'll find quite a few sheds. Don't let it deter you!