Very Weird And Concerning Dent In My Hair.

Reagan111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Background info: 18 turning 19 this year, east Asian male. Both sides grandpa balding at 70-ish (Father side grandpa about NW3, "island" type, no vertex thinning). Don't know about my dad, he passed away when I was quite small. I have a double crown + long straight hair.

So on the right side of crown, when it gets lower, there's this weird dent (I touched my head), so I took photos and it looks weird, I don't know how to describe. (photos) The T-shaped part is when
IMG_0528.JPG
I made a part line to show where it started to "dent".
IMG_0511.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0522.JPG

I could go for derm and genetic test, but I want forum expertise first, before I move on to anything else.
Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_0511.JPG
IMG_0511.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 270

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
really nice shots for once, good lighting and clarity. Not sure what you mean by dent but ur hair looks fine to me.

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reagan111 I agree with above post, your hair looks fine but also not sure what you mean by dent, though I followed your directions still not sure what I should be seeing. Could you clarify for us?

Reagan111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reagan111 I agree with above post, your hair looks fine but also not sure what you mean by dent, though I followed your directions still not sure what I should be seeing. Could you clarify for us?
So when I touch my hair, usually on the right side, it should usually feel smooth. Then today, I slide my fingers through the surface of the hair, then one part of my hair towards the front from the front, there's a "hole", a slight dent there. I can't really see that through the mirror, so I took photos, and saw the location of the "dent", and it's thinner there. I think that shouldn't be there? everywhere else is "thick" (I have fine hair) Maybe because of my double crown, blow dry it wrong, male pattern baldness ???

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

Reagan111

My Regimen
Reaction score
What genetic tests are available to check for hair loss in your opinion?
Wouldn't check for miniaturised hair and such. In case if I'm not balding yet, it can check for the susceptibility of that condition, when and such.

Reagan111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't check for miniaturised hair and such. In case if I'm not balding yet, it can check for the susceptibility of that condition, when and such.
Genetic test wouldn't be only for hairloss though it would be for a range of other stuff.

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So when I touch my hair, usually on the right side, it should usually feel smooth. Then today, I slide my fingers through the surface of the hair, then one part of my hair towards the front from the front, there's a "hole", a slight dent there. I can't really see that through the mirror, so I took photos, and saw the location of the "dent", and it's thinner there. I think that shouldn't be there? everywhere else is "thick" (I have fine hair) Maybe because of my double crown, blow dry it wrong, male pattern baldness ???
Normally a dent plus thinner in that location would be due to a scar, I have one on the back of my head from a fall when I was about 5. This is all that I can guess it could be. I definitely don't think its male pattern baldness.

Reagan111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Normally a dent plus thinner in that location would be due to a scar, I have one on the back of my head from a fall when I was about 5. This is all that I can guess it could be. I definitely don't think its male pattern baldness.
Maybe it's a cowlick? my hair used to stand up in the center when it was short. Since my last trim and thin in last October, it has only gotten heavier, maybe I'm just paranoid and bias to searching for spots...

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it's a cowlick? my hair used to stand up in the center when it was short. Since my last trim and thin in last October, it has only gotten heavier, maybe I'm just paranoid and bias to searching for spots...
Maybe...but I wouldn't worry. Trust me if there was something for you to be concerned about then I or one of the other posters would have told you without hesitation. Enjoy your youth my friend and leave the hair concerns for when you're older ;)

Reagan111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe...but I wouldn't worry. Trust me if there was something for you to be concerned about then I or one of the other posters would have told you without hesitation. Enjoy your youth my friend and leave the hair concerns for when you're older ;)
I guess I'll go enjoy my hair hahaha thanks guys