Very surprised quite frankly

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
beemark said:
J A Alternatives claims to offer products that no one else has - and that is NOT true! This is just one more company using vague & confusing terminology to describe common products - and to justify charging very high prices for them!

Check out their site if you want. Adding hair to your own? They are describing extensions, which no one who is losing hair should try because it causes Traction Alopecia, which means that the stress the procedure puts on your own hair will cause those hairs to fall out over time - and they will not grow back. Their other major hair replacement system is simply a hairpiece. They claim to use virgin European hair, which is the best hair in the world, but you can get that same hair from other sellers at a much lower price.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Oh well, acceptance is the best/cheapest alternative for us nw6s. According to various sources including Nostradamus, the world is ending in 2012 anyway and you think they will come out with HM or a cure before then-Ha. What a cruel joke, you have less than a year to enjoy your new hair before the commet hits, if you're lucky.

CCS

Reaction score
Cheapest yes, if $300 every 3 months is too expensive for you. Final hair.com sells toppers for $125 plus shipping, and full caps for $145. Michigan Baldy says their quality is good. Maybe not the very best, but a bargan for the price. Give it a try before you give up. Just be warned there is a learning curve. But since you are already NW6, it is not like you have to take a plung by shaving anything off.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
beemark said:
J A Alternatives claims to offer products that no one else has - and that is NOT true! This is just one more company using vague & confusing terminology to describe common products - and to justify charging very high prices for them!

Check out their site if you want. Adding hair to your own? They are describing extensions, which no one who is losing hair should try because it causes Traction Alopecia, which means that the stress the procedure puts on your own hair will cause those hairs to fall out over time - and they will not grow back. Their other major hair replacement system is simply a hairpiece. They claim to use virgin European hair, which is the best hair in the world, but you can get that same hair from other sellers at a much lower price.

I am aware of all of this. But in actual fact not very many palces do actually use european hair; toplace don't, coolpiece don't. My main reason for probably going to JA will just to have the one on one support I will need when I first start using a topper. Once I have my ££ system and I know where to shave my top hair, I will simply send it off to topplace and ask them to replicate it. If it doesn't look as good I will use my JA piece when I don't style my hair, my toplace piece on normal days and just slap some styling cream on it.

CCS

Reaction score
Before paying over $1000 for a piece, first look at one in your hands at their clinic, and buy a $200 piece to see the difference.

And you really got to ask them if they will teach you how to put it on and use it, etc. A lot of guys say these salons don't want you learning how to do it yourself because they make so much money off doing it for you.

There is a guy named Agent Smith on Toplace who went to a salon with his toplace piece to get help, and they just butchered the cut in, and then offered him one of their pieces. The blamed the piece for the bad cut in.

I'm not saying don't use the salon, I'm just saying you should spend $200 to get a frame of reference before you plop down $1000 or more and sign a contract. And ask to see one of their piece in your hand. If they don't have any samples in their salon, their salon is worthless. You might as well go online then or to another salon.

Ask them a few questions about putting it on yourself. See how helpful or dodgy they are, before you plop down the $1000 plus dollars.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
Before paying over $1000 for a piece, first look at one in your hands at their clinic, and buy a $200 piece to see the difference.

And you really got to ask them if they will teach you how to put it on and use it, etc. A lot of guys say these salons don't want you learning how to do it yourself because they make so much money off doing it for you.

There is a guy named Agent Smith on Toplace who went to a salon with his toplace piece to get help, and they just butchered the cut in, and then offered him one of their pieces. The blamed the piece for the bad cut in.

I'm not saying don't use the salon, I'm just saying you should spend $200 to get a frame of reference before you plop down $1000 or more and sign a contract. And ask to see one of their piece in your hand. If they don't have any samples in their salon, their salon is worthless. You might as well go online then or to another salon.

Ask them a few questions about putting it on yourself. See how helpful or dodgy they are, before you plop down the $1000 plus dollars.

Yeah I completely agree with you, though JA will realise that I can't come back to them as I live in England, maybe they wil do a better job on me if I tell them I will continue to buy their wigs which I probably will anyway.

beemark

Reaction score
Genuine European hair IS available from other sources. You will pay a premium price for it, but it will still be a lot less than J.A. charges for it.

Everybody needs to be wary of having a hair replacement salon cut in a system they bought elsewhere. Many will do whatever it takes to convince you to buy from them in the future.

CCS

Reaction score
Ask them if they have a 100% money back guarantee if the piece does not match your hair color out of the box, or has the wrong direction or curl. If you pay that much money, it better be a perfect match.