Very surprised quite frankly

Peter_mac

Reaction score
With hundreds of millions of ugly guys who all are attracted to 10's, I bet the 10's would be hiding in their houses or trying to pass some kind of public sexual harrassment laws or something if all the guys took this advice.

I said "if you have a chance with her". Not a chance to approach, a chance to succeed. Some girls would find you more attractive for reasons beyond looks.

And as for her looking better than you, what I meant is if you look better to her than the typical guys she is used to dating. If you were just as attractive as the typical guy she dates, and then she finds out about the piece, that then may put you below average, and increase the chances of her breaking up with you or finding someone better.

But again, you are disregarding the notion of attraction, which is built from more than just looks. Two guys might look very similar, yet the same woman is very attracted to one and not at all to the other.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
So... i'm just curious. What happens when she runs her fingers through your hair and figures out you've got a system?
I worry about that already with Toppik (though I feel safe for now... I'm not using a ton)

CCS

Reaction score
Most guys just try not to let her touch their hair. Hair gel is one way to discourage them from touching it. But if you got gel even in bed, that might seem wierd. A hair piece and most cosmetics simply are not as good as real hair, but it is better than being bald. It is a tool that lets you enjoy life a bit more. It is not a total solution.

Some women have lots of make up on their face, and refuse to go swimming with you, and won't let you touch it, because they are afraid of you finding out. And you probably think they just are not attracted to you. Or maybe you bash their makeup daily just like some women bash hair pieces or bald guys. Gotta recognise your counterparts and not bash them.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it is your self confidence level that makes women attracted to you or not attracted to you.
When I was 24 ten years ago and was a norwood five, I met this beautiful woman and she was attracted to me dispite my baldness.
I was in so much disbelief I didnt take her for real,plus I had two of my sisters friends, which were perfect tens, asking to date me,again it was my self confidence that stopped me from dating them. I regret my past decisions.
If your confident, a nice person and humble you can attract women easily,you just might be oblivious to this fact because you are thinking about yourself and your low self esteem.
When your younger you think outside the box and have more self esteem,(by the way im 34 now)
,when you get older(balder,fatter etc.)you get too self concious and women think your conceited so they wont approach you as much.
My best advice is to take care of yourself, smile more often(life is too short)and just simply say hello to the woman,or women you are attracted to.
dont fear rejection.
If nine out of ten women say no to you and one says yes its better than nothing, but this is a worse case scenario.
If you think about yourself on the inside too much you will never be aware of the many women that are attracted to you,most of reality is what happens on the outside of you, if your normal,shyness is just a high level of conceit,so stop being so choosy and conceited and just live already.
just some advice from a guy whos been through it all.

CCS

Reaction score
scorpiolove74 said:
I think it is your self confidence level that makes women attracted to you or not attracted to you.
When I was 24 ten years ago and was a norwood five, I met this beautiful woman and she was attracted to me dispite my baldness.
I was in so much disbelief I didnt take her for real,plus I had two of my sisters friends, which were perfect tens, asking to date me,again it was my self confidence that stopped me from dating them. I regret my past decisions.
If your confident, a nice person and humble you can attract women easily,you just might be oblivious to this fact because you are thinking about yourself and your low self esteem.
When your younger you think outside the box and have more self esteem,(by the way im 34 now)
,when you get older(balder,fatter etc.)you get too self concious and women think your conceited so they wont approach you as much.
My best advice is to take care of yourself, smile more often(life is too short)and just simply say hello to the woman,or women you are attracted to.
dont fear rejection.
If nine out of ten women say no to you and one says yes its better than nothing, but this is a worse case scenario.
If you think about yourself on the inside too much you will never be aware of the many women that are attracted to you,most of reality is what happens on the outside of you, if your normal,shyness is just a high level of conceit,so stop being so choosy and conceited and just live already.
just some advice from a guy whos been through it all.
Yeah, I never overheard women put a fat guy or bald buy down for his looks. Never heard them say, "Yeah right!!".
The only way your paragraph makes sense is if you are using a relativity argument and saying that fat women are 10's, and as we get older and fatter we should date older and fatter women, but since we don't that means we are conceited. My brother says he thinks fat women are 10's, and he is NW5.
What makes you so sure that women don't care about what you look like, even though men care very much what women look like? Or are you going to say men are shallow if they want a pretty woman? Or shallow if they want a woman who is not, bigger than average?
Some men want to believe women are attracted to security, and men are attracted to genetics. Um, women got to carry the baby 9 months. I'm sure they want it to have the best genetics possible, from an evolutionary viewpoint. It is men who have lower appearance standards and will spread their sperm far and wide since it takes no investment for them. Whether you like it or not, women have higher appearance standards than men do. The reason you see them with uglier men though is because they want the man's resources. They don't want his sperm though.
Men don't care as much about resources since most of their evolutionary gene passing ability comes from spreading sperm. Women care much more because they want their kids to have the resources. If they got to invest 9 months, then they want to have the ability to care for them. But they still want the best genes for the kids.
Men prefer pretty women because they know their sperm will get good genes combined with a rich man's home. But they still hedge their bets by spreading it far and wide.
Women are more likely than men to choose celebacy if they can't get what they want. You can officially be dating them if you make it clear you don't want sex and are generous. But is that what you want? I'd rather fix my appearance so I can sleep with them.

Peter_mac

Reaction score
So... i'm just curious. What happens when she runs her fingers through your hair and figures out you've got a system?
I worry about that already with Toppik (though I feel safe for now... I'm not using a ton)

Most guys just try not to let her touch their hair. Hair gel is one way to discourage them from touching it. But if you got gel even in bed, that might seem wierd.

Depending on the girl, it might be impossible to hide the wig during “actionâ€￾.

I was with a girl yesterday, I could NOT give her rules (like don’t touch the hair), she simply did whatever she wanted, she was WILD. Her fingers went through my hair, slowly, quickly, through the scalp like a comb in all directions, there was no way stopping it without hurting the entire moment. I tried changing positions to keep her hands away from my head, to no avail... Everytime she went for the hair I lost a heartbeat (since I use combover, toppik and dermmatch and was afraid she’ll discover any of them).

After it was over I checked myself in the mirror, and found out all the dermmatch was lost…

If I was wearing a wig, I don’t see how on earth she wouldn’t have discovered it.

CCS

Reaction score
Did she discover the comb over? How did she react?

Peter_mac

Reaction score
Did she discover the comb over? How did she react?

I can't be sure. I'm not totally bald on top, I have some hair there. Usually I go with just the combover, so if the combover hair is not styled correctly, you can see I'm very thin on top. The thing is, this time I used dermmatch and toppik too, so even without the combover hair I didn't look so thin, especially if there is little light in the room.

Even if she found out something is wrong, it didn't seem to affect her, since after it was over she asked about next time... after she left I did think whether her fingers got any dermmatch on therm, and if so whether she'll notice it...

If I'm getting a wig, and keep seeing her, I will have to tell her. Not sure if I want to tell her, sooner or later she could spread it...

CCS

Reaction score
Great. Bald men can get pretty women but only if we turn out the lights and can't see their beauty in the dark.

If she could not discover your comb over, I doubt she would discover a properly attached wig. Not swiss anyway.

Peter_mac

Reaction score
Great. Bald men can get pretty women but only if we turn out the lights and can't see their beauty in the dark.

Lol, but I kind of think of it as the perfect crime. She doesn’t know I’m balding because of the illusion I give her (combover/toppik/dermmatch), and while we’re doing it (as long as it’s in the dark) she can’t tell, because then she can only use touch. The main downside is that I can’t pull off a really good hairstyle with a combover/toppik/dermmatch combination…

I could see her during action (sort of in black and white), since it wasn’t pitch black, but dark enough.

If she could not discover your comb over, I doubt she would discover a properly attached wig. Not swiss anyway.

Well, one of her favorite moves with my hair, was to take her fingers and slide them hardly on my scalp, starting at the front temple hair, and then backward and up toward the top of the head. Like she was trying desperately to sense an edge of a topper… Every time she did that I couldn’t help but think what would have happened if I wore a wig, now what kind of a friggin thought is that during action ???, she looked at me and thought she was totally in my thoughts, but my thoughts were mainly into how could I make this work with a wig…

CCS

Reaction score
My hairline is lower and thicker than yours, so maybe I should stop worrying.

I'm thinking of putting some minoxidil and other stuff on my front to get some vellus hairs between the grafts to hide the scalp a bit. If they get long enough I might dye them.

A hair piece would make me look way better, but the maintainance would be almost the same as minoxidil, and cost $50 per month at least, and would be more obvious to touch. My hair feels just fine to touch. My problem is it is 1/3 inch too high, and shows the scalp, and has a wide forehead. Not too terrible though, just not that good.

At the price of minoxidil ($3.33 per bottle of 5%) I think I can dump some on my head for 4 months while I work out. If I don't like it, I'll get a wig.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
My hairline is lower and thicker than yours, so maybe I should stop worrying.

I'm thinking of putting some minoxidil and other stuff on my front to get some vellus hairs between the grafts to hide the scalp a bit. If they get long enough I might dye them.

A hair piece would make me look way better, but the maintainance would be almost the same as minoxidil, and cost $50 per month at least, and would be more obvious to touch. My hair feels just fine to touch. My problem is it is 1/3 inch too high, and shows the scalp, and has a wide forehead. Not too terrible though, just not that good.

At the price of minoxidil ($3.33 per bottle of 5%) I think I can dump some on my head for 4 months while I work out. If I don't like it, I'll get a wig.

It sounds like a certain somebody is backing out of the wig idea ha ha. The more I read the more I have decided to go for it.

Peter_mac

Reaction score
It sounds like a certain somebody is backing out of the wig idea ha ha.

After what happened yesterday with that girl I'm having second thoughts as well. The wig is inevitable for me, but I still think I have like 1-2 decent years with my own hair doing the combover with toppik/dermmatch, maybe I should postpone the wig idea for now. In the meantime, maybe better products will arrive, that makes the wig less prone to be discovered by touch, and less demanding with maintenance...

Not sure what to do...

EmoHurr

Reaction score
Your first choice should be to do whatever makes you happy & more self confident. I tried the shaved look yet I still wore a hat everytime I went out, I hated taking it off. So I went ahead & ordered a lacefront hair piece & am AMAZED at how natural it looks! I style my hair in a more foward comb & even when I lift the hair up you can barely see the lace, & that's only cuz im looking a half an inch away from the mirror. It takes a bit of thought to how you WANT your hair & what style fits the best for you. Its worth it to me though. The fact that the prices are affordable, & the fact that you don't have to take a drug that has numerous side effects that could end up putting you in a worse of posistion, I just don't wanna take that chance.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Peter_mac said:

After what happened yesterday with that girl I'm having second thoughts as well. The wig is inevitable for me, but I still think I have like 1-2 decent years with my own hair doing the combover with toppik/dermmatch, maybe I should postpone the wig idea for now. In the meantime, maybe better products will arrive, that makes the wig less prone to be discovered by touch, and less demanding with maintenance...

Not sure what to do...

I'd get a transplant, it's permanent, don't have to worry about women running their hands through it, and in the long run it will be cheaper than a wig

EmoHurr

Reaction score
Also about letting someone run their fingers through your hair. Personally I've learned that you just should be honest. I make it seem like its "added in hair" as opposed to saying im wearing a piece, you'd be amazed at how you word it really makes people not even care about it. I've told a few friends of mine that I was considering it & told them in a "ah we'll if it works or doesn't who cares" attitude which makes them feel that your confident & don't care what they think anyway, hence they never even mention it again. Also before you even get serious with a girl/guy you should really consider just throwing it out there, if they see that you're honest yet still confident they'll probably respect you even more. :) hiding it from them & then 3 years into the marriage she catches you without the piece, oh lord, that's one fight id wanna stay out of.

EmoHurr

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Peter_mac said:

Not sure what to do...

I'd get a transplant, it's permanent, don't have to worry about women running their hands through it, and in the long run it will be cheaper than a wig

You DO know that transplants aren't guarenteed success right? Check online, there's thousands of pissed off bosley customers saying that it doesn't even work or is even worse than before they went in, & this is years after their transplant. =\ I dunno, its like if im gona shell out thousands, at least make sure it works! Lol.

Petchsky

Reaction score
"EmoHurr"]After what happened yesterday with that girl I'm having second thoughts as well. The wig is inevitable for me, but I still think I have like 1-2 decent years with my own hair doing the combover with toppik/dermmatch, maybe I should postpone the wig idea for now. In the meantime, maybe better products will arrive, that makes the wig less prone to be discovered by touch, and less demanding with maintenance...

Not sure what to do...

You DO know that transplants aren't guarenteed success right? Check online, there's thousands of pissed off bosley customers saying that it doesn't even work or is even worse than before they went in, & this is years after their transplant. =\ I dunno, its like if im gona shell out thousands, at least make sure it works! Lol.[/quote]

That's because they went to Bosely! if you do your research and use one of the proven Dr's you have a success rate of over 90%

EmoHurr

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
"EmoHurr"]After what happened yesterday with that girl I'm having second thoughts as well. The wig is inevitable for me, but I still think I have like 1-2 decent years with my own hair doing the combover with toppik/dermmatch, maybe I should postpone the wig idea for now. In the meantime, maybe better products will arrive, that makes the wig less prone to be discovered by touch, and less demanding with maintenance...

Not sure what to do...

You DO know that transplants aren't guarenteed success right? Check online, there's thousands of pissed off bosley customers saying that it doesn't even work or is even worse than before they went in, & this is years after their transplant. =\ I dunno, its like if im gona shell out thousands, at least make sure it works! Lol.[/quote]

That's because they went to Bosely! if you do your research and use one of the proven Dr's you have a success rate of over 90%[/quote]

I want 100% lol, I mean for that kind of money, plus I don't like the idea of having a scar on the back of my scalp either, with gentics coming along, I can wait another 5 or 10 years for something else. Did you get a transplant? How does yours look?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'm due for it on 26th jan with Dr Feller. It will be strip, so i'll have a scar at the back of my haed but i don't plan on ever being bald, so i can live with the scar and not buzz the back lower than a grade #3/4