Very surprised quite frankly

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am very surprised that more men on this forum do not post in this category. The wig is ultimately artificial hair, but look at the benefits? You can get as much hair as you wish. You can become any Norwood you want, most men go for toppers meaning your hair on the sides and back is your own thus increasing the realism of the piece. I have been researching this topic as of late and have discovered if you put some time and energy into the subject you can achieve near enough untetectable results. That being said I am 20 in two months and am a NW2 with diffuse thinning - I don't know when I will take the plunge myself but I feel confident I will take it, I am fortunately quite attractive and I have pulled some beautiful teenage girls in my time and still continue to do so, I don't see why this should stop due to genetics. Another benefit to the wig is that you save money on medications for hair loss and you don't have to alter your hormones, you can eat a balenced diet, exercise religiously and just take a simple but effective resolution to your hair loss until the big cure comes out one day.

Peter_mac

Reaction score
Hi Person,

The wig is a valid choice, but it should be your 3rd choice.

Your first choice should be to keep with medications. If you can preserve your NW2 status that's great. In any case it is not smart to stop taking medications even if you decide to get the wig, because the best results with wigs today are gotten if you use just a topper, and your side hair is in excellent condition. If you want to preserve your side hair at the best condition, you should better not stop the medications.

Your second choice should be to think about shaving your head. You said you are attractive, if you have a beautiful face and good body, you might look very attractive shaved. This will allow you to stop with the medications and not fuss with the wig.

Your third choice should be the wig. If you look bad without hair, and come to a state where you can no longer appear normally with your own hair, than definitely I think you should consider the wig. If you switch to it early enough, before people notice you have a serious hair problem, you should be able to make a smooth transition, assuming you study the subject well and plan ahead.

Good luck.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank you peter for your reply. By medication though we mean finasteride. I cannot take this drug due to side effects, it is a real shame but I have learnt to accept I cannot take it. Shaving is an option however I will not be able to pull young fit girls with a shaved head, they much prefer long lushious locks. Ultimately I will look better shaved than a lot of average guys with hair, but I will look even better with hair. I used to actually shave my head now and again when I was Norwood 1, I still would do this now and again if I didn't have hair loss. I don't shave anymore because I don't want to expose my receeding hairline.

Peter_mac

Reaction score
Person, according to what you say I think you should consider to shave. If with a shaved head I looked better than most of the average guys with hair, I would seriously consider to shave.

You simply won't survive long with the wig, if the only incentive is your thought that without hair you won't be able to get out-of-the-ordinary beautiful girls. The wig has downsides: once you get the wig it's a secret you have to live with (at your age people won't give you discounts for wearing, definitely not girls, they must not know, especially if it's not a long serious relationship). The wig will also cost you money (could be ~300 USD each two months), you'll need to spend time with maintenance (depending how active you are, could be up to 30 minutes a day), and you'll have to keep checking it looks natural and nothing is "off".

Are you really ready for this ?

In any case, you can try the wig, and if it won't work for you, you can just shave...

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My main incentive to wear is that I want to appear perfect and the wig can give you the illusion of having perfect hair. Am I ready for it, although daunting when the time comes i want to be ready for it that's is why I am researching now early on in my life though deep down I hope a hair loss cure comes out one day. Out of interest when will you take the plunge? I have been following your story with interest over the last month.

Peter_mac

Reaction score
Out of interest when will you take the plunge? I have been following your story with interest over the last month.

Lol. I am moving forward, but very slowly. I have only one chance with it so I better make a good job.

I'm going to make a template next week, then wait 1-2 months for the wig to arrive, then see how it looks, then decide how to move on (whether it needs fixes or anything, if it will look perfect, I will order another one, and when it arrives, I'll go for a cut in with the first).

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Have you considered actually spending a bit more money and getting asssistance with everything, once you have got it all sorted with some help you can then order cheap units of the internet; I personally think you need a lot of help at the start, you need the personal approach.

Peter_mac

Reaction score
I would love to have some personal assistance, but I need to find someone I can trust who can provide it, and the only people I know are those from those Hair Clubs, and I don't trust them.

There only really important personal assistance that I can't get over the net, is the first cut in of the wig (which will include shaving my hair in the pattern that will match the wig). I don't think I can pull this off myself, and I will have to find a good stylist I can trust.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Person and Peter Mac,I am taking the plunge too.
I am going to go to a hair club first to learn about attachment and detachment of a hair system and general maintenance.
I feel if i am educated about my hair system the more use I can get out of it.Then once I learn I can go to a cheap internet site and get hairpieces untill a hair loss cure comes out. For now I am a bit stressed out about my hair loss,I lost my hair when i was24 and now i am 34 and I want to look younger to attract the type of young ladies i am attracted to and for my overall self esteem I definately think a change is in order since my dating life has consisted of gold diggers and unmentionables lol.
Maybe with all this hair talk ive been watching too many hair commercials,getting my hair back has become an obsession for me lately,but for me its like the light at the end of the tunnel.

Peter_mac

Reaction score
Hi Scorpiolove74,

You should get Michigen Baldie's DVD. It gives you much of the information you need to wear a hairpiece.

I think you are doing the right thing here. Don't stop with hair, improve whatever you can (clothes, go to the gym, whatever will make you look better).

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great advice Peter Mac,I will be sure to get Michigan Baldys dvd and by mid year and get a hair system from hair direct.

CCS

Reaction score
Don't go to a hairclub for the cut in. They will mess it up so you have to buy their pieces and be dependent on them.

You can have Debbie at toplace cut it in for you, if you trust her to do it from a picture. I'd rather go to a good stylist in another city and hand them the template and the hair piece and ask them to carefully shave my head, starting small, and working with the template until it is just cleared. Then I would have put some tape in the corners, stick it on, and ask them to carefully cut it without ripping it off, and tell them to go a little at a time since it won't grow back. I'd show them pics of the style I want. I'm sure they will do a good job if you tell them you tip well and will be back for the sides again later.

As for the other stuff, get MB's video. But I really think you should have a thin skin perimeter piece on hand for easy cleaning and wearing, in case you can't get the lace cleaned fast enough. This way you won't be under time pressure.

As for secrecy, yes, it is better if you keep it a secret. But as long as you look good and real, women won't care that much. They will forget or not believe it. Women are mostly upset by ugly guys who walk up to them with an obviously fake piece and a lot of confidence. The woman does not like being hit on by him, so she says the piece is the reason. It is a socially acceptable rejection. But if you look good, and the piece looks real, most will not care, especially after you tell them how fast you can clean and change it. Obviously they care some, but just don't marry the very best looking woman you can get, and you should have room to fall. The secret is not super hard to keep, unless the hair looks so good that she just has to have her hands in it all the time.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
Don't go to a hairclub for the cut in. They will mess it up so you have to buy their pieces and be dependent on them.

You can have Debbie at toplace cut it in for you, if you trust her to do it from a picture. I'd rather go to a good stylist in another city and hand them the template and the hair piece and ask them to carefully shave my head, starting small, and working with the template until it is just cleared. Then I would have put some tape in the corners, stick it on, and ask them to carefully cut it without ripping it off, and tell them to go a little at a time since it won't grow back. I'd show them pics of the style I want. I'm sure they will do a good job if you tell them you tip well and will be back for the sides again later.

As for the other stuff, get MB's video. But I really think you should have a thin skin perimeter piece on hand for easy cleaning and wearing, in case you can't get the lace cleaned fast enough. This way you won't be under time pressure.

As for secrecy, yes, it is better if you keep it a secret. But as long as you look good and real, women won't care that much. They will forget or not believe it. Women are mostly upset by ugly guys who walk up to them with an obviously fake piece and a lot of confidence. The woman does not like being hit on by him, so she says the piece is the reason. It is a socially acceptable rejection. But if you look good, and the piece looks real, most will not care, especially after you tell them how fast you can clean and change it. Obviously they care some, but just don't marry the very best looking woman you can get, and you should have room to fall. The secret is not super hard to keep, unless the hair looks so good that she just has to have her hands in it all the time.

My plan is somewhat similar. I am going to go somewhere (not sure yet) get them to make me a template (I know this is easy to do yourself but ultimately I am a NW2 who has started thinning and I wouldn't know where to stop shaving my own head) then they will get a wig which will fit my head. Once this is done I will purchase three wigs from which ever company, keep shaving my head where the wig will be, and when I need a new wig I will send one of the three to a cheaper wig company such as toplace, get them to replica it and send the original back to me and then simply get into this routine.
The whole process is daunting nevertheless, I first have to find a company to actually fly to, what do you guys think about JA Alternatives? Their pieces seem flawless. I am a bit scared about going down this route but at the end of the day I am nearly 20 and like to attract teenage girls so even if I had a thick NW1 by the time I am 25 say my chances will go down anyway so I need to get the damn wig soon. My insurance for when I'm 30 + will be along the assumptions that I will be rich by that point.

CCS

Reaction score
My insurance for when I'm 30 + will be along the assumptions that I will be rich by that point.

30 year old men have more muscle than 20 year old men too. But don't worry. As you get older, your tastes change. You'll be attracted to women in their early 20's, the ones who don't get out of shape that is.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hopfully, if my tastes change that will solve a lot of problems. What you think of JA Alternatives CCS?

CCS

Reaction score
As an example of taste changes:

Given a choice between a perfectly smooth skin guy with moderate muscle development, and a guy with a few fine lines on his face but very athletic development, and 25 year old woman will pick the second guy, and an 18 year old will pick the first guy, even if they knew for sure both guys would treat them the same.

When you get older, you will look at 18 year olds and think they look like kids. You will think high school kids look younger every year. Then when you look at your year book pics you will realize you looked just as young back then. Obviously you want go get rid of wrinkles, but as you get older, you will prize fitness higher than perfect skin when you pick your partners. Your standards will be just as high, but you will rate different flaws differently compared to each other.

Older women care more about penis size than younger women do. Younger women rate looks as much higher than penis size.

Peter_mac

Reaction score
But if you look good, and the piece looks real, most will not care, especially after you tell them how fast you can clean and change it.

Case #1:
Man talk to a beautiful young woman: "You told me how pretty I look with my hairstyle, right ?, but you know, it's a wig, and it takes me 1 hour each day to replace and clean it :-("

Beautiful young Woman's response: "Oh that's redicules, you should be ashamed of yourself for this, I don't want to see you ever again !!!"

Case #2:
Man talk to a beautiful young woman: "You told me how pretty I look with my hairstyle, right ?, but you know, it's a wig, but it takes me only 15 minutes each day to replace and clean it :)"

Beautiful young Woman's response: "Oh that's amazing, I love you so much !!, will you marry me, or at least have sex with me right now ?"

CSS, I love your world :)

CCS

Reaction score
Peter_mac said:
But if you look good, and the piece looks real, most will not care, especially after you tell them how fast you can clean and change it.

Case #1:
Man talk to a beautiful young woman: "You told me how pretty I look with my hairstyle, right ?, but you know, it's a wig, and it takes me 1 hour each day to replace and clean it :-("

Beautiful young Woman's response: "Oh that's redicules, you should be ashamed of yourself for this, I don't want to see you ever again !!!"

Case #2:
Man talk to a beautiful young woman: "You told me how pretty I look with my hairstyle, right ?, but you know, it's a wig, but it takes me only 15 minutes each day to replace and clean it :)"

Beautiful young Woman's response: "Oh that's amazing, I love you so much !!, will you marry me, or at least have sex with me right now ?"

CSS, I love your world :)

You are twisting what I said. I never said she would think it is amazing that you are wearing a piece. Of course she will be let down when she hears you have it. But as long as it takes only 15 minutes to change, and it looks real, and you look a bit better than her when you are wearing it, she won't care. But if you need an hour each day to change it, that could be a big issue for her, especially after a few times of you being in the bathroom when she is all packed and ready for the picknic.

Peter_mac

Reaction score
and you look a bit better than her when you are wearing it, she won't care

This is very hard to quantify. A girl might look to you a bit more pretty than you are, but she might think you are more pretty than her, it's a matter of individual tastes. Moreover, the important thing is not looks per se, rather attraction. If she finds your character very appealing, you might be much more attractive for her (than if you looked the same, but with less appealing character). It really depends on the girl.

I think a more efficient strategy would be the following: if you are attracted to some girl (doesn't matter how she looks in comparison to you), and you have a chance with her, approach. Spend some time with her (several meetings). If you sense that she is falling for you hard, the relationship might withstand the wig disclosure. If you sense that she is doubtful, leave her. Of course if it's a short term relationship she doesn't have to know at all.

CCS

Reaction score
Peter_mac said:
if you are attracted to some girl (doesn't matter how she looks in comparison to you), and you have a chance with her, approach.

With hundreds of millions of ugly guys who all are attracted to 10's, I bet the 10's would be hiding in their houses or trying to pass some kind of public sexual harrassment laws or something if all the guys took this advice.

So if you approach 20 hotties, and all of them reject you for your pot belly which you don't want to part with, do you just keep on approaching more hotties, since each one of them might have different tastes?

And as for her looking better than you, what I meant is if you look better to her than the typical guys she is used to dating. If you were just as attractive as the typical guy she dates, and then she finds out about the piece, that then may put you below average, and increase the chances of her breaking up with you or finding someone better.