Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone still doing daily rolling with light pressure and applying minoxidil right after, or is once a week the best approach?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
OMG you guys, I'm seeing thick hairs sprouting up everywhere, I actually have to remove hair lol - it's just a shame that they're everywhere other then my freaking head! Thanks minoxidil...

scalp needling has unfortunately not worked for me. I was hopeful, really I was but without topical minoxidil dermaneedling is pointless.

I have been trying different variations of needling for over 2 YEARS, and have been on oral min for around 6 months solidly (around 5 months before on/off) and my diffuse loss is the worse it's been ever. I have near enough full coverage and am not even NW2, but the thinning in a NW6 pattern is completely obvious now despite my tricks to hide it

I'll be 40 in around 18 months and have been gradually thinning for about 9 years, was really hoping that 18 months of needling would get me to a point where i could stop using fibers but am so far away from that point atm.

sh*t is depresseing as all hell, just ordered 6 months of topical min to feel like i'm doing something. Logged on for the first time in months cos i feel like I'm reaching a tipping point and needed to vent lol
Hair transplant :’(

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
I used the Dermapen for the first time yesterday. I did 1 mm and it was really not that painful, on both low and high speed settings, though I mostly used the lower speed settings.

Have you guys experienced delayed redness of the scalp? Areas I didn't manage to turn red went red after 1-2 hours, made me think I probably did not need at all apply as much pressure as I did.

dangilio

Reaction score
hello to all, after unfortunately discontinued dermaroller and minoxidil 2 years ago for unwanted effects such as dizziness (after 6 month great results), I tried again this year but after about 3 months I also have other sides like bitter tongue and ears with a feeling of pressure like when you goes to the mountains. now i was wondering what i can use instead of minoxidil, some i have read oglio di rosemary .. could you advise me how to use it? in what percentage? or other valid alternatives to minoxidil.

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just be careful with the Dr.Pen as they are actually just re purposed permanent make-up pens and have the potential to cause micro tearing which can cause permanent damage to your skin. Most people agree that the Derminator is the best but it's a bit more expensive. I was going to order when myself until I saw that postage to Australia takes around 6-10 weeks. I couldn't really wait that long when spending $265 and Christmas is coming up around that time meaning it will likely be delayed.

Example of the difference
https://www.derminator.com/images/img06.jpg
10 cm/s ..

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm reading this thread from start to finish. Just ordered an Ultima M8 Dr. Pen.

I have Rogaine 5%. Is that good enough? Or do I need the true topical Minoxidil 5%?

cne91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know what type of cable I need for my Derma Pen Ultima A6?
I managed to lose the cable to plug into a USB/charger for it and not sure which one to get.

Thanks.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Off-topic - I ordered a new laser cap (the Hairmax flex cap), from a European Amazon website where the price was cheaper than usual. It was sold by a marketplace seller, not by Amazon directly. Today I went to the post office to collect it, but inside the package there was a “nail fungus removal laser device”. I just freaked out.
Fortunately the seller has gotten back to me very quickly, and it’s supposed to be a logistics mix-up. o_O
My laser helmet arrived and it is NOT the Hairmax flex cap, I’ve been scammed. It is a helmet, and probably LEDs. The picture on Amazon was of the Hairmax flex cap. I am so annoyed, I had been waiting for more than a month and a half. I’ve been in touch with Amazon and they say I can still return it to the seller. They have asked the seller for a return label.

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on page 70 now. Thats dating back to the end of 2018. Has the consensus changed much about Microneedling?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like reading about people's experiences.
Perhaps I might continue.
This link is just a protocol established by Follica (which is a company?). Just a different way of microneedling, correct? What benefit is there in this forum compared to the lengthy one?

I am new here so I'll probably take in as much info as I can, before I dismiss a lengthy informative thread.

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
I appreciate the link. It will be interesting to take all this info in and see what conclusion I draw. Seems like Follica supports a shorter needle length

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I appreciate the link. It will be interesting to take all this info in and see what conclusion I draw. Seems like Follica supports a shorter needle length
Follica is the company that is in clinical trials for microneedling. They use a shorter needle length than the Dhurat study because they use an electric pen device rather than a manual derma roller. The manual roller was only used with moderate pressure in the Dhurat study which means the needles didn't penetrate the full 1.5mm, but with the motorized pen devices the needle penetrates all the way. Follica tested many different ways to wound and this was worked best in their testing. Personally I think following their protocol worked better for me than anything else.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica is the company that is in clinical trials for microneedling. They use a shorter needle length than the Dhurat study because they use an electric pen device rather than a manual derma roller. The manual roller was only used with moderate pressure in the Dhurat study which means the needles didn't penetrate the full 1.5mm, but with the motorized pen devices the needle penetrates all the way. Follica tested many different ways to wound and this was worked best in their testing. Personally I think following their protocol worked better for me than anything else.
You needle at 1mm or 0.75mm? Thanks.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IIRC Follica's intention is 0.8mm depth. But at depths that small it's getting into the realm of individual differences. How thick your skin is, how much your existing hair thickness is getting in the way, etc.

Follica's protocol is 1600 needle holes per cm2. That density is so high that the skin is basically all damaged. I wouldn't worry about getting precisely 1600. Just aim for something around that, maybe more, and have at it.

Imagine if their instructions were to shoot 10 bullet holes into a credit card. You wouldn't get too picky about whether you hit it with 8 or 12 shots. It's pretty clear they just want you to shoot the card until it's destroyed.

Last edited: