Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Invasion of the dots! Sorry, I have also already posted this in another thread, but I would like some feedback and more people are reading this thread. It is the first time I see these dots on my head (been taking microscope pictures for a couple of months now). Is it new growth, or some damage or bad sign? I microneedled already two weekends ago.
It's strange. I used the microscope as well, but I think not that close, and I did not see these dots. Perhaps I missed them. I will try to take close ups photos again and see if I see these.
What type of microneedle are you using? What is the thickness of these needles do you know?
But don't panic. You're perhaps the only one who looked that close. So maybe everyone has these...

@KNemo thanks for the response.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! The post about the iodine made me realise that the dots may be hair dye. I never spotted similar dots in my pictures before, but I think I probably had my hair dyed too soon after microneedling this time (four days), and the dye settled inside the wounds.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
How common is bleeding? I see these fucked up pics and they look awful. Are they doing that on purpose, pushing the pen extra hard too bleed? Or does bleeding depend on the person?

I've ordered a pen, but this sh*t makes me wary. Redness is fine, but a f*****g bloodpool will not.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pinpoint bleeding is normal and going for 1.5mm with follica density is bloody at least for me. It depends on the depth, person, location on scalp, and even how long into treatment. I didn't bleed much at the vertex when starting treatment but get lots of pinpoints now, at the hairline it actually bleeds less now than before.

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How common is bleeding? I see these fucked up pics and they look awful. Are they doing that on purpose, pushing the pen extra hard too bleed? Or does bleeding depend on the person?

I've ordered a pen, but this sh*t makes me wary. Redness is fine, but a f*****g bloodpool will not.
The more recent literature supports shallower depths - it's more effective and you'll bleed less. I use 1.0mm depth, but I'm doing it through hair. If I was shaved then I'd do 0.75mm. I just get redness and pinpoint blood here and there, never a bloody pool.

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think there should be that much blood. What needle length are you using?

Why are all of you guys are forgetting that in Follica's protocols the density of the holes was crucial?

Obviously the more holes you make, the more you bleed. I've had sessions with three days of redness and not seen any visible improvement. However, those times I had 10 days of redness, I saw some improvement. (I did it at 1mm depth, shaved head, and only for a temples, 4sqcm areas each. Imagine doing this for the whole hairline and vertex, ouch!) You need to shave your head, otherwise you won't be able to wash off the blood and you'll need to wear a hat for 3 weeks.

My experience is the bleeding should not come from needle depth, but from session length. Follica used 0.8mm, and 1.0mm only to compensate for long hair, so you guys are crazy to use 1.2mm or 1.5mm and probably can't microneedle as long as you could with less depth.

Last edited:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn’t s
Why are all of you guys are forgetting that in Follica's protocols the density of the holes was crucial?

Obviously the more holes you make, the more you bleed. I've had sessions with three days of redness and not seen any visible improvement. However, those times I had 10 days of redness, I saw some improvement. (I did it at 1mm depth, shaved head, and only for a temples, 4sqcm areas each. Imagine doing this for the whole hairline and vertex, ouch!) You need to shave your head, otherwise you won't be able to wash off the blood and you'll need to wear a hat for 3 weeks.

My experience is the bleeding should not come from needle depth, but from session length. Follica used 0.8mm, and 1.0mm only to compensate for long hair, so you guys are crazy to use 1.2mm or 1.5mm and probably can't microneedle as long as you could with less depth.
Isn’t scar tissue detrimental for hair follicles.

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score

So if follica does ever come through with their treatment, they’re going to require that we shave our heads first? What’s the point in even doing this if we gotta shave our heads?

Andi0501

My Regimen
Reaction score

But most of the really good microneedling results are from wounding 1,5 to 2mm once per week or every other week in conjunction with minoxidil

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So if follica does ever come through with their treatment, they’re going to require that we shave our heads first? What’s the point in even doing this if we gotta shave our heads?
Lol, no. I just said they used increased depth (1.0mm) to compensate for long hair. Of course you can do at-home microneedling with longer hair, too, but shaving your head makes washing off the blood much easier so you won't have to walk around with crusts for three weeks if there's a lot of bleeding. Your at-home microneedling device causes extra bleeding due to several holes overlapping. (ie. The needles striking the same places more than once.) A more sophisticated device, which Follica could offer, would be much more precise in this respect.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't see the problem I just wipe the worst blood away after 8h or so and wash my hair the next day. You must have unusually sticky blood?

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your regiment is very few. If you to read the minoxidil instructions , It said to use twice a day at last 4hours. I use for 12hours .
The dermaroller tests are with 2mm on a day for a week. You use 1mm.
I don´t know what regiment you are using.
I guess you need to choice a user regiment that is giving result and test for 4 months or more
I’ve considered increasing my minoxidil dosage in the past but I get really bad tachycardia from it. I might use .5ml in the morning and .5ml in the evening because it would be the same quantity but twice a day if that could make an improvement. With the micro needling device I haven’t been able to go harder than 1.5mm so I might use 1.5mm weekly instead of 1mm. I’ve also considered including Zix

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to answer your question. Just asking: How goes your needling with hair that long? I mean, with that hair lenght you can do some needling, but not enough, as the blood gets tangled up in your hair making it hard to see what you're doing, and the hair might get in the way too. I always trim my hair to #0 before needling so washing away the blood and applying minoxidil are also very easy.
Yeah it gets a bit tricky and the device gets tangled sometimes. I just don’t see myself trimming my hair anytime soon so I have to get use to doing it this way. I might increase the depth though, maybe to 1.5mm.

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't see the problem I just wipe the worst blood away after 8h or so and wash my hair the next day. You must have unusually sticky blood?

You cannot 'wipe' the blood away after 8 hours, since it has coagulated by that time. And if you microneedle for an extended amount of time, you have to wash off the blood immediately after or you'll get crusts for week or two. But as I understand, you don't go too heavy on the wounding, although the Follica papers state that the density of the holes is important.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it's coagulated however with wet wipes it gets clean enough to not stain my pillows, I also soak/rub areas where larger amounts of blood have pooled so that it's easy to wash away later.
I go reasonably heavy and have blood over my whole scalp however mostly thin as a mist from a lot of small wounds. Lately I'm doing 1.5mm targeting follica density.
Red for about a week but not really obvious after 3-4 days.

French

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi again,

Here's how my hairline and my crown look like since I started what I mentioned in my previous comment. I think that all those small hairs are due to microneedling because I didn't have them before.

View attachment 157022View attachment 157023

The thing is I don't think that could be considered progress, since overall I'm still losing ground. Sorry that I dont' have before photos but I haven't seen any change in the rate of hairloss. It has been fast and steady for the past 5 years.

View attachment 157024

After trying finasteride, minoxidil and needling without success what do you think is left for me to try?
You can try oral minoxidil + dutasteride in combination with needling and zix localy.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You cannot 'wipe' the blood away after 8 hours, since it has coagulated by that time. And if you microneedle for an extended amount of time, you have to wash off the blood immediately after or you'll get crusts for week or two. But as I understand, you don't go too heavy on the wounding, although the Follica papers state that the density of the holes is important.
You're supposed to let the scabs form according to Follica.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? What's the benefit in not washing off the blood?

"the compositions for use in the methods of the present invention are applied as the scabbing starts to heal, which in one embodiment is 3-12 days after epidermal disruption."

Compositions here referring to shh agonist or fgf9