Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi again,

Here's how my hairline and my crown look like since I started what I mentioned in my previous comment. I think that all those small hairs are due to microneedling because I didn't have them before.

View attachment 157022View attachment 157023

The thing is I don't think that could be considered progress, since overall I'm still losing ground. Sorry that I dont' have before photos but I haven't seen any change in the rate of hairloss. It has been fast and steady for the past 5 years.

View attachment 157024

After trying finasteride, minoxidil and needling without success what do you think is left for me to try?

I'm not trying to answer your question. Just asking: How goes your needling with hair that long? I mean, with that hair lenght you can do some needling, but not enough, as the blood gets tangled up in your hair making it hard to see what you're doing, and the hair might get in the way too. I always trim my hair to #0 before needling so washing away the blood and applying minoxidil are also very easy.

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to answer your question. Just asking: How goes your needling with hair that long? I mean, with that hair lenght you can do some needling, but not enough, as the blood gets tangled up in your hair making it hard to see what you're doing, and the hair might get in the way too. I always trim my hair to #0 before needling so washing away the blood and applying minoxidil are also very easy.
I don’t think there should be that much blood. What needle length are you using?

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think there should be that much blood. What needle length are you using?

1mm. Even though there was a study at hairlosscure.com which claimed 0.6 was more effective than greater lenghts, Dr. Rassman recommended 1mm. (Because he said the stem cells are located at 1mm depth.) I'm NW2.5 and I think I've managed to regrow a couple of follicles that were very miniaturized. I'm not convinced that light needling did it. (I've also gone far enough to cause heavy crusting.)

Last edited:

Tytygcac

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on what you want to do imo, if you want to follow the original posters regimen or follicas method use a pen, dr pen ultima a6 is a good choice, however if you want to use daily a roller is better, i have seen really great results from daily mild rolling just before applying minoxidil, chens results comes to mind.
Thanks! From briefly researching I think I will just buy a derminator, it can be used for skin too

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oraindik ez dutasteride uste etxeko orratz honek urte gehiegi egin eta ile bakar bat hazten ikusi ez duenik jendearentzat ezer egiten duenik, baina burutu dutasteride egun batzuk buruan ez duela azkura egiten.

EMILIO CHESSA

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oraindik ez dutasteride uste etxeko orratz honek urte gehiegi egin eta ile bakar bat hazten ikusi ez duenik jendearentzat ezer egiten duenik, baina burutu dutasteride egun batzuk buruan ez duela azkura egiten.

Che lingua è?

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
みなさん、英語で書いてください。

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still don't think this home needling does anything for most people after having done for a year or so and not seen a single hair grow, but I have noticed that my head doesn't itch for a few days after doing it
Believe what you want as long as you don't discourage others to try it. I can't see it as rational however given the multitude of examples where it did indeed do something, in some cases miracles.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still don't think this home needling does anything for most people after having done for a year or so and not seen a single hair grow, but I have noticed that my head doesn't itch for a few days after doing it
I can't wait to read your study published in Nature done on ,"most" people backing up your claims.

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at the history of mild scalp wounds and hair. Dermabrasion, etc. It would be strange if high-density needling didn't have any effect.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not saying it doesn't work at all. I see some that get hair, sure, but it's usually not enough to be cosmetically significant from what I've seen. And then there's a couple of good responders that look like they've regressed later(chen? and some other person I forget). Just looking in this thread the majority seem to have no results. Of course that could be that they're doing improperly, so who knows. Not saying y'all should quit, as I haven't, but just an observation

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s true that it does not work for everybody, and part of it is probably that we still don’t know what the optimal needle depth and needling frequency are. And the optimal protocol may vary between people.
I don’t think that age is necessarily a factor. There was one study showing a Japanese man in his seventies getting good results.

winbutler91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm in month 4 of minoxidil + microneedling 1,5 mm, and I'm starting to see/feel good results. I'm bumping up to 2,0 mm now. Anybody had success with 2,0?

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you're 49, age is a big factor. And it does work, we have tons of people with good results, sadly for some it doesn't like you.
Yeah, age is a b**ch lol. Been lucky so far and kept most of what I have up top. Not sure how much longer it will last, though. Did I just invite the norwood reaper to finish me off...