Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair did not look good at 2,5 months I can assure you. It all takes time. Patience is key.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you microneedle with dr pen on 1mm is it supposed to hurt? I only had a little stinging and slight redness but it was never really painfull is that enough or should I try 1.5mm next time?

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I started with the procedure in September (Microneedling 1mm with Dermapen A6 1x Weekly and 0.5ml minoxidil everyday as I can’t tolerate more) and well, I know I haven’t reached month 6 but shouldn’t I see at least some kind of progress?

I mean, I’m not expecting a full recovery but I thought I could cover my crown a bit. The only thing I got (and I’m not sure if it’s because of the procedure) is vellus hairs in my temples. I’m not sure how to tell if those are miniaturized hairs or hairs that have grown because of the needling.

If anything, I’d say my hair looks way worse than in September.

I thought this could save me at least a year or two so that (hopefully) Samumed or Follica launched their products by then. Don’t know what to add to the mix after this, really (can’t take finasteride because I had a really bad time with it a few years ago).

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you microneedle with dr pen on 1mm is it supposed to hurt? I only had a little stinging and slight redness but it was never really painfull is that enough or should I try 1.5mm next time?
I’m using 1mm and it definitely hurts in areas where the hair loss is worst. Other areas are not really painful to needle, I would rather call it an uncomfortable feeling. My entire scalp turns very red straight after needling though.

m97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I want to start using pen but there are several kind of it and i don't have enough information which one is more or less good, if you don't mind, could you please recommend me?
I have diffuse thinning, maybe it is DUPA, because my donor area is thinning as well.
Thanks in advance

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m happy with my Derminator2, but have never used Dr. Pen.

Off-topic - I ordered a new laser cap (the Hairmax flex cap), from a European Amazon website where the price was cheaper than usual. It was sold by a marketplace seller, not by Amazon directly. Today I went to the post office to collect it, but inside the package there was a “nail fungus removal laser device”. I just freaked out.
Fortunately the seller has gotten back to me very quickly, and it’s supposed to be a logistics mix-up. o_O

orphanfunkhouser

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
has there been any consensus on which is more effective, foam or liquid minoxidil? provided both are being applied to the scalp accurately

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I want to start using pen but there are several kind of it and i don't have enough information which one is more or less good, if you don't mind, could you please recommend me?
I have diffuse thinning, maybe it is DUPA, because my donor area is thinning as well.
Thanks in advance
I've used Dr. Pen A7 then later a M8 wireless and recommend the later. The M8 have enough battery power to cover my whole head which is needed as I'm also a diffuse thinner including donor areas.
People have had good results with the really cheap pens too, I choose the A7 and M8 as they have thin needles compared to the cheap ones.

Liquidbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
Greetings again.

Not much of an update, but something for the topic which seems to be a little slow this past month.

Not much improvement in the hair (7+ months now), at least compared to what it was at 3/4 months. Those thinner short buds featured in my previous post(check out profile, easy to find as I don't post in any other topic), are longer, darker, and thicker, but honestly don't make that much of an impact cosmetically. Not really expecting more cosmetic improvement until the 1 or 2 year mark honestly.

I didn't lose my hair in the span of 6 months, so I can't hope to regrow it that quickly either.

Anyway to more interesting things.

I finally jumped into the microneedling pen pool. I ditched the 1.5mm roller and invested in the Dr Pen a7.

Just had my first session and..... I dunno how i feel about it.

It's a pain to use. In that, it takes longer, is way more challenging to cover the entire top, crown, and hairline and frankly, it doesn't feel as rewarding. Perhaps it's because my hair is longer now than it has been in nearly a decade, making it more difficult than it could be when I buzzed my head every 2 weeks with no guard. I also hardly bled at the 1.5mm setting, if that means anything, I don't know.

My head is definitely a bit sore, so I know it did something. Perhaps I need to accept the notion that more damage/more blood, doesnt necessarily mean better results. Perhaps my hard rolling was hindering my results, who knows.

I'll give the Dr Pen one thing tho.... if the 1.5mm roller was a 9 on the scale of pain(remember I only warmed my head with hot water for 5 min, or a 15 min steam sauna, and no numbing cream) then the Dr Pen is about a 2 on the pain scale, so that's a big plus.

Anyway, that's all for now. Will keep microneedling as I know it works for me, just gotta stay consistent and play the long game. Patience and persistence, is key.

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I started with the procedure in September (Microneedling 1mm with Dermapen A6 1x Weekly and 0.5ml minoxidil everyday as I can’t tolerate more) and well, I know I haven’t reached month 6 but shouldn’t I see at least some kind of progress?

I mean, I’m not expecting a full recovery but I thought I could cover my crown a bit. The only thing I got (and I’m not sure if it’s because of the procedure) is vellus hairs in my temples. I’m not sure how to tell if those are miniaturized hairs or hairs that have grown because of the needling.

If anything, I’d say my hair looks way worse than in September.

I thought this could save me at least a year or two so that (hopefully) Samumed or Follica launched their products by then. Don’t know what to add to the mix after this, really (can’t take finasteride because I had a really bad time with it a few years ago).

Hi again,

Here's how my hairline and my crown look like since I started what I mentioned in my previous comment. I think that all those small hairs are due to microneedling because I didn't have them before.

IMG_4561.jpg
IMG_4565.jpg

The thing is I don't think that could be considered progress, since overall I'm still losing ground. Sorry that I dont' have before photos but I haven't seen any change in the rate of hairloss. It has been fast and steady for the past 5 years.

IMG_4570.jpg

After trying finasteride, minoxidil and needling without success what do you think is left for me to try?

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried fasting in their needling regimen? I believe it was mentioned in one of the prior 700 pages but not sure it picked-up any traction.

Been watching a lot of YouTube videos about diet/fasting and started hearing them discuss increase in wound healing and increase in HGH, IGF-1 during fasting as well.

Wondering what thoughts are on specific fast timing to improve the bi-weekly follica method?

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Fasting before or after wound injury accelerates wound healing through the activation of pro-angiogenic SMOC1 and SCG2​

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oi de novo,

Veja como meu couro cabeludo e minha coroa se parecem desde que comecei o que mencionei no meu comentário anterior. Acho que todos aqueles pêlos pequenos são causados pelo microagulhamento porque eu não os tinha antes.

View attachment 157022View attachment 157023

Acontece que não acho que isso possa ser considerado um progresso, já que no geral ainda estou perdendo terreno. Lamento não ter tirado fotos antes, mas não vi nenhuma alteração na taxa de queda de cabelo. Ele tem sido rápido e estável nos últimos 5 anos.

View attachment 157024

Depois de tentar finasterida, minoxidil e agulhamento sem sucesso, o que você acha que resta para eu tentar?What ´s your protocol?

Tytygcac

My Regimen
Reaction score
The op uses a dermapen. Is there a much greater advantage to that than a dermaroller? I remember reading somewhere that a dermaroller could scar your scalp whereas a dermapen does not. Is this true and is it something I should consider?

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, my protocol is Minoxidil 1x Daily (~1ml) and microneedling 1x Weekly at Max speed with a 12 needle cartridge (around 1mm depth)
@chen

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
The op uses a dermapen. Is there a much greater advantage to that than a dermaroller? I remember reading somewhere that a dermaroller could scar your scalp whereas a dermapen does not. Is this true and is it something I should consider?

Depends on what you want to do imo, if you want to follow the original posters regimen or follicas method use a pen, dr pen ultima a6 is a good choice, however if you want to use daily a roller is better, i have seen really great results from daily mild rolling just before applying minoxidil, chens results comes to mind.

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Olá, meu protocolo é Minoxidil 1x Diário (~ 1ml) e microagulha 1x Semanalmente na velocidade máxima com um cartucho de 12 agulhas (cerca de 1 mm de profundidade)
[USUÁRIO = 140703] @chen [/ USUÁRIO]
Your regiment is very few. If you to read the minoxidil instructions , It said to use twice a day at last 4hours. I use for 12hours .
The dermaroller tests are with 2mm on a day for a week. You use 1mm.
I don´t know what regiment you are using.
I guess you need to choice a user regiment that is giving result and test for 4 months or more

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still don't think this home needling does anything for most people after having done for a year or so and not seen a single hair grow, but I have noticed that my head doesn't itch for a few days after doing it