Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you guys use the dr pen, how long do you keep it in one place? Also, what speed setting do you use? Thanks

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello people, it's me @chen again. I haven't posted anything in a while. But today reading the reports I decided to post again. These photos are new, I took this very moment. Galaxy note 10 plus phone. The lighting is very strong. The protocol is the same. I haven't changed anything. I am recovering the front line but unfortunately it will take longer than I imagined, maybe 2 or 3 years to recover the entire front line. It is. Good night to all and good recovery.

Attachments

• 20210113_192130.jpg
    20210113_192130.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 20210113_192138.jpg
    20210113_192138.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 302
  • 20210113_192147.jpg
    20210113_192147.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 20210113_192150.jpg
    20210113_192150.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 304
  • 20210113_192155.jpg
    20210113_192155.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 309

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello people, it's me @chen again. I haven't posted anything in a while. But today reading the reports I decided to post again. These photos are new, I took this very moment. Galaxy note 10 plus phone. The lighting is very strong. The protocol is the same. I haven't changed anything. I am recovering the front line but unfortunately it will take longer than I imagined, maybe 2 or 3 years to recover the entire front line. It is. Good night to all and good recovery.

Thank you Chen. You're protocol is to needle daily at 1mm correct? Also applying minoxidil everyday

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

The legend has returned lol great progress chen, as spring asked, your routine still rolling with 1mm daily before applying minoxidil?

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This study has been discussed in this thread before. I remember because I purchased it from Wiley :)
The full article was posted here.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have been micro needling for 3 years now, initially I experienced some regrowth but that tailed of pretty soon after starting. However, I do believe that it had played an important role in maintaining my hair/keeping it healthy, hence my reason for keeping it up. My routine had been microneedling with a 1.5mm dermastamp 1-2times a week.

Recently I got pretty sick of my dermastamps breaking pretty soon after purchasing them (from Amazon), the final straw was when the needles on my new stamp detached from its body the first use. Hence, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a Dr.Pen A6 and change my routine to microneedling once a week at 1.5mm depth.

Previously when manually dermastamping I would very rarely get visible blood, the areas would get red but this would last no longer than a day. Since using the A6 my scalp bleeds wherever I pass with the pen, it is also significantly more painful. I'm not sure whether this is due to the pen tearing the skin more due to moving it whilst its going up and down and this motion causing micro tears, or whether it generally penetrates a lot deeper/creates more incisions per cm2 . Now my scalp remains visibly red and sore 2days after my sessions.

Now for the reason of this post... I am roughly 1 month into my new routine (3 sessions) and genuinely my hair has been feeling a lot thicker and generally healthier. I took some progress pictures and it even looks thicker, but I think this may be due to the difference in lighting rather than actual regrowth as it has not even been a month. There is no doubt however that I prefer mechanical needling to manually doing it, although I am doubtful whether the A6 is creating clean incisions rather than microtears.

Edit - forgot to mention picture 1 is before recent change in routine, picture 2 is 1 month in (current)

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 351
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 336
Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
When starting out do people test on nape or somewhere covered? Have a derma pend A8 but afraid to begin. Is there shedding?

Oppenheimer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Results are undeniable and it came it weeks!

You answered your own question; you stopped seeing results because the derma stamps didn't cause enough 'damage'.

fran15

Reaction score
So I have been micro needling for 3 years now, initially I experienced some regrowth but that tailed of pretty soon after starting. However, I do believe that it had played an important role in maintaining my hair/keeping it healthy, hence my reason for keeping it up. My routine had been microneedling with a 1.5mm dermastamp 1-2times a week.

Recently I got pretty sick of my dermastamps breaking pretty soon after purchasing them (from Amazon), the final straw was when the needles on my new stamp detached from its body the first use. Hence, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a Dr.Pen A6 and change my routine to microneedling once a week at 1.5mm depth.

Previously when manually dermastamping I would very rarely get visible blood, the areas would get red but this would last no longer than a day. Since using the A6 my scalp bleeds wherever I pass with the pen, it is also significantly more painful. I'm not sure whether this is due to the pen tearing the skin more due to moving it whilst its going up and down and this motion causing micro tears, or whether it generally penetrates a lot deeper/creates more incisions per cm2 . Now my scalp remains visibly red and sore 2days after my sessions.

Now for the reason of this post... I am roughly 1 month into my new routine (3 sessions) and genuinely my hair has been feeling a lot thicker and generally healthier. I took some progress pictures and it even looks thicker, but I think this may be due to the difference in lighting rather than actual regrowth as it has not even been a month. There is no doubt however that I prefer mechanical needling to manually doing it, although I am doubtful whether the A6 is creating clean incisions rather than microtears.

Edit - forgot to mention picture 1 is before recent change in routine, picture 2 is 1 month in (current)
Awesome! What speed are you using the A6 on?

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And yet another great result form minoxidil/needling combo:

I've been tracking my progress and YES! It works.It is the best thing I've ever done for my hairloss.

Check the pictures he posted, incredible.

@werefckd @D!DNothin'Wr0ng "N..needling, minoxidil doens't work!!!!" LMFAO, you disbelievers getting owned on the regular.
That guy took big amounts of vitamin D. From his thread on reddit:
I took 100,000 IU a week
That is 4x the maximum recommended daily intake (4,000 IU x 7 days = 28,000 IU per week).

There is another guy (Jared) who used aggressive massages + 50,000 IU vitamin D a week with similar success.

I know most people think vitamin D doesn't regrow hair on its own (which I agree with), but maybe the reason behind this success is wounding + vitamin D, because vitamin D plays a role in anagen initiation and HF proliferation. (obviously, minoxidil plays a big role too)

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
50k iu of Vit D is potentially toxic on its own. There was an ‘Ivory dome’ theory going round a few years ago about the potential of Vit D, Vit K2 & magnesium oil as a treatment though.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you use betadine before or after rolling?
Mostly after. Washed scalp needled applied iodine and let it be for half an hour to a few hours then washed it away.

When starting out do people test on nape or somewhere covered? Have a derma pend A8 but afraid to begin. Is there shedding?
Didn't try anywhere else but the first time wasn't pleasant though mostly mentally, physically yes there's some pain but it's not that bad and goes away after half an hour or so maximum. Actually kind of miss the effects I had the first few months was like my scalp came alive again, hard to describe.
I didn't shed or at least didn't notice (had a zero guard buzz).

Geezer

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s actually so amazing how many people get such a incredible response with the combination of micorneedling with minoxidil. Add in TRET and you have such a powerful trio.

Geezer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling is a lie. It makes my head bleed
I think that’s what is suppose to happen when you needle your scalp with 1-2mm. It’s kind of inevitable but, many show great success. Very happy young men have this knowledge and can get a good response from minoxidil compared to the men using it from 1990-2010’s. Many young men now can actually get results and it brings a smile to a old timer like me☺️. Hopefully over the next 5-10 years science continues in its exponential curve of development and we get more tools for hair loss protocols.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And yet another great result form minoxidil/needling combo:

I've been tracking my progress and YES! It works.It is the best thing I've ever done for my hairloss.

Check the pictures he posted, incredible.

@werefckd @D!DNothin'Wr0ng "N..needling, minoxidil doens't work!!!!" LMFAO, you disbelievers getting owned on the regular.
It's hard to be sure of regrowth because we are comparing hair with TOTALLY different lengths and he still had a ton of hair in his before picture. Maybe it just got thicker and filled more because it got longer.

But let's say he did grow some new hair. In that case it was nothing major, certainly a level of growth that the good responders (diffuse thinners) were already getting before with finasteride and/or minoxidil alone.

It's good that it doesn't like he tried to fool us with some trickery and chances are he had some real improvements (nothing out of the ordinary though). Anyways I don't want to be a prick and I'm just commenting because my name was mentioned.

1610976591508.png
1610976676129.png

Last edited: