Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's true. It's all trial and error for most people in the end imo.

I'm quite hyped for Follica though.

What pen do you intend on buying when you start? dr pen or derminator? I have a dr.pen ultima a6 and i quite like it. cartridges are relatively cheap, right now i have sorta stopped needling my scalp, focusing on some forehead lines that i needled years ago that are starting to creep back lol

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I have an ultima a6 too.

Oh you used it for forehead lines? Did needling help for that?

Yeah i needled them over 6 years ago or something and that's them just starting to come back, it really works wonders, hopefully within 6 months they will be gone again like last time, i do it once every 4 weeks at 1.5mm.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
It varies, skin thickness on my temples is around 1.5-2m, crown is 3m+

My pen doesn't go over 2.5mm, plus when i was using the pen it got caught in my hair and pulled out lots of it so i switched to a roller which is nowhere near as effective at wounding as a pen is from my experience.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i needled them over 6 years ago or something and that's them just starting to come back, it really works wonders, hopefully within 6 months they will be gone again like last time, i do it once every 4 weeks at 1.5mm.
Any serum before or after for forehead lines?

theGloriousFollicle

My Regimen
Reaction score
My pen doesn't go over 2.5mm, plus when i was using the pen it got caught in my hair and pulled out lots of it so i switched to a roller which is nowhere near as effective at wounding as a pen is from my experience.
Dermastamp is best, I use the adjustable model at 3m all over.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.5mm is definitely deep eneough, if you go too far you can damage the follice. Also, follica is pouring money into finding the best length and frequency for us so we should probably take there word fir it instead of annecdotal. I think 1mm (1.5mm is you really want) is the way to go for growth factors.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Daily wounding is only good for extra absorption if you need it. I do agree though that for some 1.5mm may definitely be better then .8-1mm

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Follica protocol has not worked for me - I have lost the gains I had with the previous method. I'm going back to wounding daily at .5mm and at 1.5mm biweekly.

I don't think you were following the protocol anyway so why blaming it for not working?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Daily wounding is only good for extra absorption if you need it. I do agree though that for some 1.5mm may definitely be better then .8-1mm

I need to understand the daily wounding method as if you keeping wounding there is no time for healing. It's like when you keep scratching a scar.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I need to understand the daily wounding method as if you keeping wounding there is no time for healing. It's like when you keep scratching a scar.
That’s what I’m saying, it defeats the purpose unless your doing .25mm or something for absorption that won’t cause scars

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Absorption of what? Peptides with heavy molecular weights? I don't think minoxidil has an issue penetrating the scalp.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long would healing take after a 1 mm session?

I mean you are not going too deep so I figure you can resume daily light wounding after a day or two

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm eager to give needling a go, so just started putting my order in for a derminator 2 and was informed that there could be a three month delivery delay to the UK!!

I want to use this device on my face as well as scalp, so the derminator being marketed as a precision device that doesn't cause tearing really won me over. My question is, do I need to worry about this with the Dr Pen devices; could I risk damaging my skin with one of their devices?

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm eager to give needling a go, so just started putting my order in for a derminator 2 and was informed that there could be a three month delivery delay to the UK!!

I want to use this device on my face as well as scalp, so the derminator being marketed as a precision device that doesn't cause tearing really won me over. My question is, do I need to worry about this with the Dr Pen devices; could I risk damaging my skin with one of their devices?

Just buy a roller. Many skin clinics use roller and show great results so it's not like it won't give any results at all.

I'm using a roller and when things come back to normal do the pen.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling really does something, not sure whether it is enough to combat in a meaningful way or not. I shed almost a 100 hairs a day but with microneedling the shedding almost completely stops for one day or two after the procedure and then keeps on going as normal. I guess that's worth something though.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

i think they always say that, but from what i have read is not true, shipping is usually fast.