Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure about sides. Users have reported more hair loss claiming to more concentrated usage. Other than that I do not remember of reading any sides.

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the article speaks about Sandalwood oil, and not Sandalore. However, few users have shared experiences of Sandalore. Correct me if I am wrong.

dsd1984

Reaction score
If you read further down:

Sandalore is an aritifcal scent that smells like sandalwood.

Six days after exposure, keratin levels in the scalp began to increase.

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's my 1 year comparison pictures. I've been using a dermaroller for a total of 2.5 years and I haven't taken a picture of my hair in a year. I thought I would take some pictures and compare them. I think it looks like slight improvement, but It could be the lighting or it could be my hair is a little longer. My hair can look much better / worse depending on the lighting anyway, but I tried to recreate the picture as best as possible. Even took them at the same time of day.

One thing I know for sure though is I have little blonde fuzzy hair all over my scalp, I was actually able to get a photo of some longer ones. They aren't visible unless the light hits them just right and the smaller ones are even less visible. They don't have any color so I'm hoping they darken at some point. If I dye my hair I think my hair would look twice as thick.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    482.9 KB · Views: 928
  • Compare 1.jpg
    Compare 1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 916
  • Compare 2.jpg
    Compare 2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 925
Last edited:

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just dermaroller only?

Is it after pics first?
Oops! I realized I mixed up my pictures. I just fixed them so the first pic is the before and the second is the after. I also use finasteride and minoxidil. I've been using 1mm 3 times a week for the past few months, but before that I was using 1.5mm once every week. I just added the 1.5mm back, but only do it every two weeks.

Last edited:

fran15

Reaction score
Oops! I realized I mixed up my pictures. I just fixed them so the first pic is the before and the second is the after. I also use finasteride and minoxidil. I've been using 1mm 3 times a week for the past few months, but before that I was using 1.5mm once every week. I just added the 1.5mm back, but only do it every two weeks.

So is the before pic after 1.5 years of dermarolling and the after pic after 2.5 years dermarolling? If so, that's great to know that you can get improvements after a year. I've been at doing it about 15 months without much in the way of results, hopefully within in a year or so I might get improvement.

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
So is the before pic after 1.5 years of dermarolling and the after pic after 2.5 years dermarolling? If so, that's great to know that you can get improvements after a year. I've been at doing it about 15 months without much in the way of results, hopefully within in a year or so I might get improvement.

Yes that's exactly right! The first year and a half my hair stayed exactly the same. I didn't even have those tiny blonde hairs that I have a picture of. Although my first year I wasn't dermarolling very regularly.
I have a theory that if you've been balding for longer periods then dermarolling takes longer to work. I remember first noticing some hair loss at age 20-21 and I probably was balding before that, but didn't notice. I didn't even start any real treatment till I was 26.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that's exactly right! The first year and a half my hair stayed exactly the same. I didn't even have those tiny blonde hairs that I have a picture of. Although my first year I wasn't dermarolling very regularly.
I have a theory that if you've been balding for longer periods then dermarolling takes longer to work. I remember first noticing some hair loss at age 20-21 and I probably was balding before that, but didn't notice. I didn't even start any real treatment till I was 26.
I agree with this as well but usually keep to myself because a lot of people will immediately say "oh it's minoxidil that's doing it". That statement, while not entirely untrue, addresses the short-term gains achieved. I believe needling, done consistently, will have a significant impact in the long-term.

The issue is people believe in this "give something at least 6 or 12 months before assessing". This is a completely different mechanism and isn't a topical that will show immediate (i.e. 6-12 months) effects. It will take time.

I also believe that once the results of wound regeneration are achieved it will take longer for them to subside, whereas with minoxidil those gains will probably be lost immediately.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's my 1 year comparison pictures. I've been using a dermaroller for a total of 2.5 years and I haven't taken a picture of my hair in a year. I thought I would take some pictures and compare them. I think it looks like slight improvement, but It could be the lighting or it could be my hair is a little longer. My hair can look much better / worse depending on the lighting anyway, but I tried to recreate the picture as best as possible. Even took them at the same time of day.

One thing I know for sure though is I have little blonde fuzzy hair all over my scalp, I was actually able to get a photo of some longer ones. They aren't visible unless the light hits them just right and the smaller ones are even less visible. They don't have any color so I'm hoping they darken at some point. If I dye my hair I think my hair would look twice as thick.
It’s just combed over. The front of the hairline in the 2nd pic looks thinner if you zoom in

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you guys notice bigger veins/arteries at the temple/forehead ? Just curios. Rolled couple of times and years ago as well, and my forehead/temple artieries are crazy thick ( still balding though,lol)

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s just combed over. The front of the hairline in the 2nd pic looks thinner if you zoom in
Yeah I think the same thing actually.

Here's another picture of the hairline, no topikk on either picture. I know for sure I at least haven't lost anything. The longer / brushed over hair definitely hides the diffuse better.
Like I said before though I do have a bunch of small blonde hairs, but they aren't dark enough to have a cosmetic effect.

I'm going to cut my hair really short this weekend and compare it to some other pics where I had short hair. Maybe I'll even buzz it down and see what it looks like. Do you guys know if dying my hair would make the smaller hairs show up better?

Attachments

• Hairline.jpg
    Hairline.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 646

fran15

Reaction score

Here's another picture of the hairline, no topikk on either picture. I know for sure I at least haven't lost anything. The longer / brushed over hair definitely hides the diffuse better.
Like I said before though I do have a bunch of small blonde hairs, but they aren't dark enough to have a cosmetic effect.

I'm going to cut my hair really short this weekend and compare it to some other pics where I had short hair. Maybe I'll even buzz it down and see what it looks like. Do you guys know if dying my hair would make the smaller hairs show up better?
Definitely looks like an improvement to me.

cr1msonj

Reaction score
Yep I made the decision to drop needling as my crown was starting to thin again. First picture below is with needling every week and 2nd pic is no needling but mixing 1% of sandalore to 1ml of minoxidil. Gaining ground back slowly

Hey man , how do you mix the sandalore in minoxidil for the 1ml?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

Beware the buzz cut, it can have you staring for hours lol

Mr.Sprinkles79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys check your pens. I started needling/minoxidil foam with a Dr. Pen A7 jan 2019. I saw cosmetic improvement at about 60 days. I switched to liquid minoxidil at 60 days. From the start i felt the effects of the minoxidil pretty hard. Face was bloated body aches ect. After switching i didnt notice the sides nearly as much. Also I didnt seem to bleed or have a sore scalp or peel like when i started. At about 5 months I started to lose alot of vellus hair. Alot. I had pretty big problems in life at that point so it was something i couldnt worry about. Lost probably 60% of my gains. I thought maybe my skin was becoming scarred from the needling. It also didnt seem to hurt nearly as much. It felt like my pen was just banging my scalp.

I bought a new pen last week. A M8 with the new 16 needle cartridge. Hurt like a b**ch and bled. I think these pens wear out, i remember a few ppl saying they didnt bleed as much atfer a few months. The A7 seems like a high quality device. Its heavier than the M8 and has a faster speed. But the A7 just dosent wound anymore. New tips didnt make a difference.

heres the link to the ebay seller i got both pens from. My only concern with this seller was the fact this listing was about $30-40 bucks cheaper than other suppliers in the US and amazon. I hope its not a knock off or something.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-A...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone considered radio frequency machines to use in conjunction with needling? I had considered using on my face and found some relatively low-priced units for sale on Amazon.

Does anyone have experience with these, and if so are these budget models comparable to office treatments? I realize it won't be as good as the professional units used in a dermatologist's office.

Lastly, is there any opinion as to if this could have a negative effect on hair?