Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha yes haircuts are the worst! I have a regular lady I go to and I will absolutely not go to anyone else. She does what she can for my diffused nw3

I also go to the same lady all the time. She is the only person in the whole word who knows my hair because in everyday life I'm using Toppik. I would never go to somone else, because I would feel to ashamed.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've experienced a big shed from changing to foam from liquid minoxidil. Lost a lot of my progress on crown. Think I'm going to have to use liquid in evening and foam in morning. Anyone know why I've shed from the foam?

ErikW

My Regimen
Reaction score
A shedding question...

Those of you who are experiencing good results. Do you still have hair in your hands after applying Minoxidil? I’ve had good and clearly visible results after 3-4 months, but I still have like 5-10 hair in my hands Evert time after applying Minoxidil. Is that normal or a sign that the results now are fading?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know shedding can mean a good thing but when I've already shed from liquid minoxidil and now shedding all the gains when switching to foam that cant be good right?

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've experienced a big shed from changing to foam from liquid minoxidil. Lost a lot of my progress on crown. Think I'm going to have to use liquid in evening and foam in morning. Anyone know why I've shed from the foam?

I actually went from using the liquid for 4-weeks then switched to Kirkland brand 5% foam I purchased directly from a Costco location and did notice some little fine new hairs shed but not much. Everyone’s body is different in how the medication responds so I wouldn’t worry and wouldn’t stop the regimen as new replacement hair may grow thicker.

I think someone else mentioned the alternate between liquid and foam daily but can’t recall the poster.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A shedding question...

Those of you who are experiencing good results. Do you still have hair in your hands after applying Minoxidil? I’ve had good and clearly visible results after 3-4 months, but I still have like 5-10 hair in my hands Evert time after applying Minoxidil. Is that normal or a sign that the results now are fading?

Yes, I’ve experienced that and still do and it’s totally normal even strong thick DHT resistant hairs need to go into a shedding cycle then rest then grow new again. Now if you were loosing 200+ hairs a day they that would be something to be concerned about.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A shedding question...

Sounds normal. I still see hairs shedding after I have a bath but it's 5-10 hairs, compared to a huge number of hairs before I started doing this.

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is miconeedling every day(0/5 - 0/75)good for regrowth hairs or it is dangerious!?
I said that because i use minoxidil for long time and taking finastride for 5 month and microneedling(but just for1 week) and still losing alot of hairs and going bald:-(
(But i do what is good for my hair and i fight with balding :) )

Rule34

My Regimen
Reaction score
I said that because i use minoxidil for long time and taking finastride for 5 month and microneedling(but just for1 week) and still losing alot of hairs and going bald:-(
(But i do what is good for my hair and i fight with balding :) )
I have been doing it for the last 6 weeks to the day dermarolling 2 times a day with 3MM dermaroller use moisterizer at night to prevent excess skin peeling which lead to significant patches of hypopigmentation seeing great results so far look on page 566 for more on what I said last day or so seeing slight hypertricosis under my eye minoxidil probably going systemic

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been doing it for the last 6 weeks to the day dermarolling 2 times a day with 3MM dermaroller use moisterizer at night to prevent excess skin peeling which lead to significant patches of hypopigmentation seeing great results so far look on page 566 for more on what I said last day or so seeing slight hypertricosis under my eye minoxidil probably going systemic
I’m very glad because of your resaults and hope to see your pics too:)
I will report my resaults of using finastrid and dermapen soon,
But i have a question?
How much it took time that you see results of microneedling?
I use minoxidil for 3.5years and using that alone was very magical but it lost effectiveness after 3 years and my hairs started to fall then i decided to take finastride but i dodn’t see any result from that ,after that about 1 week i use dermPen(0/5mm) one a day and 2mm once a week.
And another question?how many time you use from a kartrage?
And microneedling(over1 mm) caus to bleed for my scalp is it good or bad?(because some say it it good and some say it’s bad)

Rule34

My Regimen
Reaction score
But i have a question?
I use minoxidil for 3.5years and using that alone was very magical but it lost effectiveness after 3 years and my hairs started to fall then i decided to take finastride but i dodn’t see any result from that ,after that about 1 week i use dermPen(0/5mm) one a day and 2mm once a week.
And microneedling(over1 mm) caus to bleed for my scalp is it good or bad?(because some say it it good and some say it’s bad)
This is my first time using minoxidil. I used a dermaroller for over a year alone without minoxidil no results at all. after needling 2 times a day AND adding minoxidil saw a few tiny black hairs growing in the norwood 0 area of my temples after 4 weeks. new black hairs sprouting around norwood 0 area of temples and vellus hairs slowly around slight widows peak in the last 2 weeks. I get maybe a drop of blood after dermarolling heavily if anything at all just slight redness on the forehead nothing significant no one i knew noticed or said anything. Bleed only when I first started dermarolling in may of 2018 the bleeding only lasted the first 2 or 3 months at most. I switched rollers after 6 months no bleeding still. The only bad side effect I am starting to see is hypertricosis on my face above the beard I just shave it off.

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
But i have a question?

Hey so can you tell us how minoxidil affect just stop working? I'm so curious about that. I'm terrified that needling plus minoxidil will stop working for me. I hope that with needling minoxidil will work far into the future.

I'm very curious to see if minoxidil will start to work for you now that you needle.
I use my Dr. Pen kartrage 3 time then I throw away. And if you get tiny spot of blood here and there that's perfect in my opinion.

From my experience my guess is if you start this regimen now in less than 15 days you should see baby hair because your hair hasn't been dead 10 years plus like mine.

Shadow_

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm actually quiet shocked how well my hairline has recovered
How many months have you been going? And how long until you started seeing definite/significant results? I've been on a similar regimen for just over 2 months now.

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey so can you tell us how minoxidil affect just stop working? I'm so curious about that. I'm terrified that needling plus minoxidil will stop working for me. I hope that with needling minoxidil will work far into the future.

I'm very curious to see if minoxidil will start to work for you now that you needle.
I use my Dr. Pen kartrage 3 time then I throw away. And if you get tiny spot of blood here and there that's perfect in my opinion.

From my experience my guess is if you start this regimen now in less than 15 days you should see baby hair because your hair hasn't been dead 10 years plus like mine.
Yeah, minoxidil was sooo amazing for me, my hairs started to fall in 19 age, but when i started to use minoxidil my hairs started to grow, and i was full of hair and anyone couldn’t beleive that i have baldness!
I thinked i use that and i have good hairs in all of my life, but it lost effectiveness, i don’t know mabe because of increse of age my dht level increased and minoxidil don’t answer, or mabe after long time my scalp fall into a habit! And mino don’t work, so i started finastride but nothing work like minoxidil.
So i use dermapen(1.5-2mm) hope to grow back my hairs, i lost half of my hairs but it’s still good but i don’t want loose theme anymore.

INT

Reaction score
My twin brother starter dermastamping and Minoxidil 3 weeks ago. Now he is losing like 50-100 hair when applying Minoxidil (see picture). Is this huge shedding normal or is it something to be concerned about?

Pictures of shedding, counting of shedded hair etc is useless. The amount of hair you find is dependent on many factors independent of male pattern baldness.

ErikW

My Regimen
Reaction score
My twin brother started dermastamping, Lipogain schampoo and Minoxidil 3 weeks ago. Now he is losing like 50-100 hair when applying Minoxidil (see picture). Is this huge shedding normal or is it something to be concerned about?

For how long can the shedding period last? Shouldn’t the shedding period be over after 3 weeks?

He has a little anxiety about this now. Not knowing if the shedding is a good or a bad sign... Not knowing if he shall continue with the treatment (and hoping the shedding is a good sign) or if he shall stop the treatment (because he is afraid that he will be bald soon if the shedding doesn’t stop). What do you think? What would you do?

Attachments

• C86415F1-B5BA-4989-BD54-01B7B00F3CFD.jpeg
    C86415F1-B5BA-4989-BD54-01B7B00F3CFD.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 246

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the loss I've had in 10 days from changing to foam from liquid and applying 2x a day instead of 1. Should I be worried as the foam doesn't have pg and it's not absorbing as good? I initially had a big shed at beginning of liquid minoxidil which turned of to grow new hair

Attachments

• 20190914_102514.jpg
    20190914_102514.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 356
  • 20190914_102528.jpg
    20190914_102528.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 348

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t want to alarm anyone but it’s now been almost 2 years since I started dermarolling with minoxidil and for me the hair I gained was not permanent.

Initially it gave me a nice boost in hair count for a year but over the subsequent year those results have faded back to baseline.

Thats why I believe that although wounding may be beneficial in some way, the main benefit is the increased absorption from the minoxidil. When I initially started minoxidil I experienced the same thing - a nice boost in hair count with a gradual decline back to baseline.

On the other hand some people have longer lasting results with minoxidil so this may not be the case for everyone.

I still dermaroll though as I feel that it does improve my general scalp health.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the loss I've had in 10 days from changing to foam from liquid and applying 2x a day instead of 1. Should I be worried as the foam doesn't have pg and it's not absorbing as good? I initially had a big shed at beginning of liquid minoxidil which turned of to grow new hair
I would get off the foam and go back to liquid. plenty of stories where foam isn't as effective... because of the lack of PG as you said. don't ruin your gains, get back on the liquid asap.