Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced a shed with this?

I’m about a month in at 2mm with a dr. Pen ever week and then a cream I made every night with stuff in it.

Initially it looked like shedding stabilized but the last few days seems like it’s started again.

I’m not on anything else and this is the first time I’m doing anything for my hair in like a few months

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced a shed with this?

I’m about a month in at 2mm with a dr. Pen ever week and then a cream I made every night with stuff in it.

Initially it looked like shedding stabilized but the last few days seems like it’s started again.

I’m not on anything else and this is the first time I’m doing anything for my hair in like a few months

Not a month in, but after 4-5 months or so I have started to notice more shedding and still do to this day (close to 6 months now). It's not just thin hair, but long and dark hair, but I am not sure if it has to do with the fact that I upped from 1.5 mm to 2.0 mm or if it's seasonal shedding, or that I have started to take supplements like l-arginine and ginseng (I work out quite often). Either way, I hope it's a good sign like some have said earlier. Hard to know for sure what's causing it.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a month in, but after 4-5 months or so I have started to notice more shedding and still do to this day (close to 6 months now). It's not just thin hair, but long and dark hair, but I am not sure if it has to do with the fact that I upped from 1.5 mm to 2.0 mm or if it's seasonal shedding, or that I have started to take supplements like l-arginine and ginseng (I work out quite often). Either way, I hope it's a good sign like some have said earlier. Hard to know for sure what's causing it.
L-Arginine isn’t good for hair, it will increase your hormones no end. It’s like taking v****.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well sh*t, I've been taking like 4000 mg daily for the last couple of weeks for my workout. Maybe I should just take 1000 mg or cut it completely.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I gotta say guys, wounding absolutely confuses me. For some people it works amazingly, for others it makes the situation worse. I started back in November, and when I started, you could not tell I was thinning, to the naked eye. 15 years of fighting hairloss. Since November, my hairline, only the areas that I needle, have been absolutely destroyed. Totally see through now. Why this happens, I have no clue, but after my experience, and following this thread, I know I’m not alone. It may work amazingly for you, but it may also make you much much worse. We have to take this into consideration before doing this.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I gotta say guys, wounding absolutely confuses me. For some people it works amazingly, for others it makes the situation worse. I started back in November, and when I started, you could not tell I was thinning, to the naked eye. 15 years of fighting hairloss. Since November, my hairline, only the areas that I needle, have been absolutely destroyed. Totally see through now. Why this happens, I have no clue, but after my experience, and following this thread, I know I’m not alone. It may work amazingly for you, but it may also make you much much worse. We have to take this into consideration before doing this.

As I said before..IMO..its best to start with an easy regimen ie low frequency and medium depth and if no negative results show up and progress is not satisfactory move slowly towards a harder regimen.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
L-Arginine isn’t good for hair, it will increase your hormones no end. It’s like taking v****.

it's not about hormones levels, it's about follicles sensitivity. I have never had so many male hormones but yet my shedding is under control. So that’s a false cliché. a bunch of supp which are helpful for aag are actually testosterone booster(zinc, fenugreek, dim etc..). Having high testo/shbg is healthy.
“Testosterone is a hormone that plays a key role in carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism. It has been known for some time that testosterone has a major influence on body fat composition and muscle mass in the male. Testosterone deficiency is associated with an increased fat mass (in particular central adiposity), reduced insulin sensitivity, impaired glucose tolerance, elevated triglycerides and cholesterol and low HDL-cholesterol.”(Journal of Endocrinology 2013). So you want high testo if you are a male.
now about arginine I think a fair dose could be helpful (supposed to act like a vasodilator) . You also find the AA in some hair supplement. Looks like it’s "harmful" for other factors and at larger dose. for this reason I'm taking Citruline Malate big time for exercices and it never caused any shedding

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I said before..IMO..its best to start with an easy regimen ie low frequency and medium depth and if no negative results show up and progress is not satisfactory move slowly towards a harder regimen.
I Got it, but the question is WHY it’s happening. Theoretically, based off of the mechanism of action and enacting the body’s healing response, which we all have, even if at different healing rates, you would think it would work universally. That’s all I’m trying to get at. When we started out on this journey, it was thought, sure, we would all respond at different rates, but we would respond, and certainly should not induce hairloss, but that has been what I and others have experienced.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For guys in the UK....where did you guys get your Dr Pen from? Looking to upgrade from my cheap pen (as its not very good) and Amazon just seems to have loads of fake ones? Not spending £80-120 on a replica.

Gardy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone else experience that some parts of your scalp recover quickly then the other parts?
For instance, I am going hard with my dermastamp 1,5mm for the last two months and it takes for red dots on my hairline and around hairline to completely disappear around 7-9 days.
But for red dots on my crown it takes less time (maybe half that time) to disappear. Also, crown area is my biggest problem in terms of losing hair and I'm still losing there despite finasteride, dutasteride and minoxidil.

So, I'm thinking about dermaneedling my scalp two times per week with 1,5mm. Is that overkill?

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if some of us who are not seeing results have issues such as systematic inflammation which overpowers the healing capabilities of the body. Can those who are not seeing results comment on this? Do you have any health issues that you would classify as auto-immune disorders/issues related to internal inflammation?

Because one thing I know very clearly is that my hairloss started due to internal inflammation. Usually men lose hair slowly but I lost multiple norwoods over the course of a few months when my hairloss started

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if some of us who are not seeing results have issues such as systematic inflammation which overpowers the healing capabilities of the body. Can those who are not seeing results comment on this? Do you have any health issues that you would classify as auto-immune disorders/issues related to internal inflammation?

Because one thing I know very clearly is that my hairloss started due to internal inflammation. Usually men lose hair slowly but I lost multiple norwoods over the course of a few months when my hairloss started
I’m sure I read something about dermarolling and inflammation, if the inflammation is still occurring, dermarolling can make things worse.

rossmax

My Regimen
Reaction score
How painful is using 1,5 mm needles?

I'm waiting for my Dr Pen and have only used 1 mm dermaroller so far. I didn't feel any pain and there were no red spots. Maybe I'm not pressing hard enough?

Gotten Siken

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think that microneedling is a cure without finasteride or dutasteride in the long run. because hair will start shedding again. we need to protect hair follicles from dht. in short term yes the results are pretty remarkable but it shows us, minoxidil and microneedling are working together really good at the beginning. after loosing minoxidil effect we need to protect hair with a dht blocker. if you remember chan, he was only on minoxidil and dermarolling in first year but then he started using finasteride. he had got great result without finasteride in his first year but his hair started shedding at the end of his first year. thats why he started taking finasteride.

Last edited:

FinCandy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Are you currently on finasteride? Honestly I did one session of derminator @ 1.5mm and it thinned my hairline so much. I think I'm only going to dermaroll my beard with minoxidil and see if that works first.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Are you currently on finasteride? Honestly I did one session of derminator @ 1.5mm and it thinned my hairline so much. I think I'm only going to dermaroll my beard with minoxidil and see if that works first.
any pictures?