Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You ought to wait for a year before doing anything more drastic. You might want to even decrease your intake of minoxidil because 10 mg is potentially damaging. I had a racing heart with 5 mg/day.

0.5mg dutasteride daily
10mg oral minoxidil at night
5% topical minoxidil at night with light dermarolling
Needling every 7 days at 2.5mm
various supplements

I just added the topical minoxidil last month or thereabouts hoping it would give a boost of regrowth on my crown. The oral minoxidil seems to have helped diffuse thinning on the top of my head a little but done nothing for my crown.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im slowly regrowing all my hair and its been only 3months of microneedling every 2-4 weeks.

microneedling+scalp massages without anything else is working for me because i catched my hairloss early,

My crown is filling in at the slowest rate but all the front of my head and my hairline is most likely going to be completely recovered at some point. no shed, only thicker hairs and extremely small new hairs sroupting and becoming thicker and thicker from the root with time.

I'm getting gains and density in the reverse pattern i lost my hair, ( I lost my crown first )

. ( early diffuse thinner / 1 year of hairloss, father and brother completely bald ) . I will post all my pictures in july for the 6 month timeline.

I recommend adding minoxidil if the person if too bald or want faster results.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Flaking/Peeling question for you guys... do you find you flake consistently across your entire scalp? Or does it tend to be in particular areas?

Day 4 after my last session and the skin is flaking now... though primarily on my right side (which is the more receded side too, both temple & crown).

I find that weird ... as I think I do a very consistent job in pressure/coverage/intensity across the scalp now after ~7 sessions or so... you'd figure it'd be flaking/peeling all over?
I echo that. I flake the most on my baldest areas.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
0.5mg dutasteride daily
various supplements

I just added the topical minoxidil last month or thereabouts hoping it would give a boost of regrowth on my crown. The oral minoxidil seems to have helped diffuse thinning on the top of my head a little but done nothing for my crown.

Report back after 1 year :)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
im slowly regrowing all my hair and its been only 3months of microneedling every 2-4 weeks.

microneedling+scalp massages without anything else is working for me because i catched my hairloss early,

My crown is filling in at the slowest rate but all the front of my head and my hairline is most likely going to be completely recovered at some point. no shed, only thicker hairs and extremely small new hairs sroupting and becoming thicker and thicker from the root with time.

I'm getting gains and density in the reverse pattern i lost my hair, ( I lost my crown first )

. ( early diffuse thinner / 1 year of hairloss, father and brother completely bald ) . I will post all my pictures in july for the 6 month timeline.

Do you have any before images showing your baldest areas and then what it looks like now?

Piselo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm an Italian user. Could I have a link to buy a good dermapen from amazon?

I want to start this journey and document my progress.

Information:
male;
27 years;
norwood 1 (bald area of 10 cm2);
start of baldness at 24;
slow progression.

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@overpourgoodfortune & @WMQ it must be because of inflammation.

A lot of people lose their hair because of inflammation, and flaking is a sign of inflammation. A lot of people with mbp also suffer from seborrheic dermatitis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0.5mg dutasteride daily
various supplements

It took me about 4 months on minoxidil to start getting crown results. I hope that there is more to come.
I'm not slick bald on the crown, just thin. Definitely a difference though

Hakandogan

Reaction score
yeni güncelleme
WhatsApp Image 2019-01-09 at 12.48.15.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-21 at 10.13.02.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-01-14 at 15.54.19.jpeg

file-12.jpeg

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It took me about 4 months on minoxidil to start getting crown results. I hope that there is more to come.
I'm not slick bald on the crown, just thin. Definitely a difference though

Got a good before and after pic to share?

I’m around the four month mark myself and not using minoxidil.

If I am not seeing any results in a couple of weeks I will restart my count and begin using minoxidil. And won’t expect and growth until 4 months :)

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a quick small update. I can clearly see longer vellus in the middle of the temples (specially left) i.e. where there hasn't been hair for 8+ years. Again nothing cosmetically interesting (it's a slick bald area otherwise) but never had such response before IIRC. Just hope they won't stay vellus forever which wouldn't be rare...

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any suggestions to reduce inflammation/peeling by any chance?

While flaking can be a result of SebDerm as @zeerax pointed out - this flaking is not. This is a layer of skin having been damaged from the microneedling and is peeling off. Far different from the oily, crusty scales/flakes formed by SebDerm.

It is interesting that some don't flake after a needling session, or very little. Then others flake, but only from certain parts of the scalp.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Congrats. Do you use a device to massage? Or just use your fingers? And how often?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got a good before and after pic to share?

I’m around the four month mark myself and not using minoxidil.

If I am not seeing any results in a couple of weeks I will restart my count and begin using minoxidil. And won’t expect and growth until 4 months :)
So you are just needling? Has it improved your hair?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ComeBackTemples - I'm guessing @kashmoney is also using the same one as @blighte ? "Panasonic EH-HE99 Head Massage Tool"

@blighte had some pretty impressive results back on this post. His crown did a 180 with just massage + needling in 1 month! He said he's using minoxidil now after those pics - I'd be curious to see how things are going now ... @blighte ?
I want to add scalp massages to my routine. Is this the recommended product to use? Or would a cheaper version work just as well? Anyone have any experience with scalp massages?