Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a bit off topic. I want to make a DIY topical using Rosemary oil. What kind of ethanol would be okay to use as a driver? Please let me know. Thanks
Isn't rosemary a small enough molecular weight as an essential oil to pass through skin without a vehicle?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some good Needling+minoxidil results (3 months) on the hairline via Reddit /r/tressless from /u/hairlossblows:

PenRhWd_d.jpg

The photos are roughly three months apart, both taken with wet hair, hair length is approximately the same because I've had a haircut in between the photos. I made them black and white because the different white balances made comparing the photos harder.

What do you think? I definitely feel like there's a difference in the middle section of my hairline. Before, I could see the scalp in the front even in normal lighting conditions. Now it's only really noticeable in harsh conditions like a bathroom light. Temples have started sprouting baby hairs, nothing that's cosmetically significant yet though. I don't know if it's the shampoos or biotin (or maybe both) but my hair feels a lot thicker these days
Current regime:

• Minoxidil 5% liquid spray once a day
  • Daily vitamins E, B, Zink & Biotin (Narovital)
  • Nizoral 2-3 times a week
  • Regenpure for days I don't use Nizoral
  • Microneedling with pen set to 1.7mm on hairline/temples and 2.0mm on crown every 7-10 days
Before I started all of this I contacted my doctor and he had me do a bunch of blood tests. He said everything came back fine but he was hesitant to put me on finasteride due to sides and told me to first try other methods and get back to him if it got worse. It definitely hasn't gotten worse, but I'm still down to try finasteride. But maybe it's dumb to do right now if my current regime is working?

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys. The reason why the Indian study worked so well is because they used betadine during and after. This is important and being missed by many.

Google "iodine hair growth"

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Little patch of hair at the hairline bottom pic is 1 month and top pic is 2.5 months. The arrow is pointing to a little red mole I have and the circles are the same hairs in the pics. Noticed tiny little hairs sprouting at around a month. Looks like some of those tiny hairs have grown out and more are sprouting
BC35F275-B9D0-470E-ACEB-45F4C2B76C14.jpeg

qwerty07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be better to use it topical?
Your right, I could try that as well. Its really helped my acne. It don't believe it messes with testosterone as I have a very healthy libido, feel great and have no side effects as far as I can tell, knock on wood. I guess taking mild DHT blockers internally, and using them topically might yield better results? Who knows.

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't rosemary a small enough molecular weight as an essential oil to pass through skin without a vehicle?
But, you can't just apply rosemary oil on to the scalp. It would burn and also it is suggested that a carrier should be used with rosemary mainly because of that. I'm afraid that water also can't be used as Essential oils don't mix well with water. And for daily use I can't use other oils as a vehicle. Thus, I thought I may make DIY rosemary oil topical using alcohol

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys. The reason why the Indian study worked so well is because they used betadine during and after. This is important and being missed by many.

I have got betadine cream and I intend to use it after my dermaneedling session tomorrow. I hope it would help.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Tomorrow will be my first session since remembering I had 2 bottles of iodine here. Have a lot of work to do this weekend &probably won't leave the house much so I'll be able to use it frequently throughout the day. Any detail on how much and how often to use? And did they use every day or just the first 24, 48 hours?

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

you are right about betadine, i also heard it can really hurt the tyroid tho, so i dont know if its a good idea to use it

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not really interested in this, but this video popped on my facebook so I thought I would post this

HairlossCureLurker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your right, I could try that as well. Its really helped my acne. It don't believe it messes with testosterone as I have a very healthy libido, feel great and have no side effects as far as I can tell, knock on wood. I guess taking mild DHT blockers internally, and using them topically might yield better results? Who knows.

Got nothing but money to lose so maybe I should try it out aswell. I wonder if I can add it to my regimen with essential oils and castor oil? Just leave it on over night. Haven't found any good reviews on natural dht blockers though.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe 2young2retire also used betadine. But the sketchy thing about him is that he no longer posts his current hair status
Exactly.. he had to say it worked due to the butchering he gave himself. He would look ridiculous if nothing was gained from all that blood.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I swear this never gets any less painful. I dunno how some people have been doing more than once per week

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've never used betadine. I am sure there are extra things people could take to get better results but my results are from dermaroller, minoxidil and occasional Nizoral use. I smoke and my diet is not good.

I'm not suggesting that betadine won't help - I have no idea - but, from my experience, it isn't key to getting results.

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep getting asked questions on Reddit about applying minoxidil. I ordered about 100 pipettes off Amazon for about £4. The sharper point makes it much easier to get it through your hair and directly on to your scalp. If you lean your head in different directions, you will be able to feel the minoxidil liquid running across your scalp.

The ones I got hold 5ml, but it is clearly marked 1ml, 2ml, 3ml etc so you know exactly how much you're using.

Attachments

• Pipette.jpg
    Pipette.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 341

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So now that we're suspecting betadine is important how much should we apply and when?

There is only one mention of betadine in the study:

The shaven scalp was prepared with betadine and normal saline. A dermaroller of 1.5 mm sized needles was rolled over the affected areas of the scalp in a longitudinal, vertical, and diagonal directions until mild erythema was noted, which was considered as the end point of the procedure.

I guess you should apply it before microneedling. My hair is far too long to get betadine on my scalp.