Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the frequency thing. I believe an argument can be made. It’s just we don’t really know right now.

I truly believe just for maitenance purposes if we all get the desired regrowth we’d only have to wound once maybe twice a month. I think 2young briefly alluded to this the short time he was here. Right now we’re wounding for growth... is there a difference we just don’t know.

Definitely an improvement. No doubt about it!

I went down to twice a month but then read the Chinese study. Now I'm back to weekly and applying minoxidil on the same day as needling.

I'm approaching 10 months of doing this and hope to be doing it for maintenance soon. I figured it was worth trying the Chinese study but I'm so happy with my hair as it is, that I don't actually care if I don't regrow more. I'll give it 2 months and if it's still the same I'll reduce my needling frequency, and it will be for maintenance of hair I've regrown.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But r u on min + rolling now ? Cause I am interest in rolling alone ? :)

There is a Chinese study on dermarolling that will be of interest to you, as one of the groups in the study used only the dermapen. The results were better than minoxidil alone but combining needling and minoxidil definitely seems to be the way to go.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a Chinese study on dermarolling that will be of interest to you, as one of the groups in the study used only the dermapen. The results were better than minoxidil alone but combining needling and minoxidil definitely seems to be the way to go.

Yeah, I read that, just interested in seeing real sufferer's results.

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finished my first session with the DR pen A6. Did my entire scalp at 1.5mm and then my face for good measure.

Some quick notes:

1.) f*** sh*t DICK f*** sh*t f*** PISS HOLY GOD DAMN f*** THIS HURTS SO BAD

2.) lol my entire scalp is bloody? Should I wash it off?

3.) do I put minoxidil on? I feel like it would sting a lot and immediately all go systemic

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been microneedling alone for 16 sessions now. But I haven't really had any results, hair continues to thin. I'm a diffuse Norwood 2.5

Remember that it took a couple people in the past a bit longer to see results without minoxidil. Stick with it a year. If you see something then you keep going hoping to compound things.

I went down to twice a month but then read the Chinese study. Now I'm back to weekly and applying minoxidil on the same day as needling.

I'm approaching 10 months of doing this and hope to be doing it for maintenance soon. I figured it was worth trying the Chinese study but I'm so happy with my hair as it is, that I don't actually care if I don't regrow more. I'll give it 2 months and if it's still the same I'll reduce my needling frequency, and it will be for maintenance of hair I've regrown.

Nice man... and I saw your most recent hairline photos starting to really fill in.It’s a good reminder for people to really stick with it. I def think we’ll be able to needle less frequently (not that the once a week really bothers me anyway)

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Remember that it took a couple people in the past a bit longer to see results without minoxidil. Stick with it a year. If you see something then you keep going hoping to compound things.

Nice man... and I saw your most recent hairline photos starting to really fill in.It’s a good reminder for people to really stick with it. I def think we’ll be able to needle less frequently (not that the once a week really bothers me anyway)
I hope so man. Its been discouraging Im so jealous of everyone's godly results in this thread.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finished my first session with the DR pen A6. Did my entire scalp at 1.5mm and then my face for good measure.

Some quick notes:

1.) f*** sh*t DICK f*** sh*t f*** PISS HOLY GOD DAMN f*** THIS HURTS SO BAD

2.) lol my entire scalp is bloody? Should I wash it off?

3.) do I put minoxidil on? I feel like it would sting a lot and immediately all go systemic

I would love to see what you look like right now.

1. It gets easier

2. Yes, I always rinse with cold water after

3. I have started doing so. I thought it would sting but I didn't feel a thing. A Chinese study showed no increase in toxicity by applying directly after needling.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For numberman but also the others, is someone else not getting really bloody or even that red with a dermapen at 1.5-2.0mm?

Like yeah it gets a little red but I can barely see it. I think numberman is like me since in the video he barely gets red.

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would love to see what you look like right now.

1. It gets easier

2. Yes, I always rinse with cold water after

3. I have started doing so. I thought it would sting but I didn't feel a thing. A Chinese study showed no increase in toxicity by applying directly after needling.
Ok thanks man. I put on minoxidil after 5 min, no pain, no side effects

Unfortunately didn’t take any pics but I sent a Snapchat of the aftermath to a female friend of mine who has trouble with acne and got back “pussy” so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For numberman but also the others, is someone else not getting really bloody or even that red with a dermapen at 1.5-2.0mm?

Like yeah it gets a little red but I can barely see it. I think numberman is like me since in the video he barely gets red.

I didn't really notice much redness until my wife pointed it out. It was more apparent to her than me. I only get the occasional pin prick of blood... nothing gory at all.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed more blood in my earlier sessions (now about 7 sessions in). Now its more redness and i'm def going over it 4-5 times. If i do a heavier session (7-8 times) i notice more blood, but even then its more in spots. Only time needling gets uncomfortable now is if i pause a couple minutes between to "take a slight break". Then if i go back to needling on an irritated scalp theres a bit more pain.

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted some post needling pics a few pages back, but I get super red/bloody with the Dr Pen A6 at 2mm. Looks like Edward scissor hands gave me a hair cut

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Freddy Krueger special

Attachments

• 1C0D8D84-2948-4944-92A2-1F0D0DBDF6EA.jpeg
    1C0D8D84-2948-4944-92A2-1F0D0DBDF6EA.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 515
  • 8A612B0C-1DCB-4DE8-99D6-7EB96228985D.jpeg
    8A612B0C-1DCB-4DE8-99D6-7EB96228985D.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 534