Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think using an electric dermapen wounds more efficiently and will give better results than a roller or manual stamp. This guys results when he didn't respond to minoxidil alone shows the power of needling, i think many people are going to have great results to talk about in the coming months. Hopefully im one of them.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've read the one from baldtruthtaIk and the one from Hairlosstalk (that's 500 pages) before starting the treatment. "Lot of people" doesn't mean anything. Please be accurate and give me the nicknames of those who did it like in the studies and failed.

Here is what they did in the studies:
1.5/2mm dermarolling session once a week (for at least 12 weeks / Indian study) or twice a month (for at least 24 weeks / Chinese study);
Minoxidil 5%, 1ml / twice a day;

Those who used a 0.5mm dermaroller are eliminated. Those who used a 0.75mm dermaroller are eliminated. Those who used a 1mm dermaroller are eliminated. Those who used a 1.25mm dermaroller are eliminated. Those who dermarolled everyday are eliminated. Those who used anything different from Minoxidil 5% are eliminated. Those who were no consistent are eliminated.

Please give me the nicknames of those who were consistent doing this for 12 weeks (like in the Indian study). And then, please give me the nickname of those who were consistent doing this for 24 weeks (like in the Chinese study).

We will see if they were "a lot". I can tell you before you start doing this: there are none. The very few ones who strictly followed the studies showed massive improvement (less than 5 dudes).

Do you think I wrote down the nicknames? I read the thread and several people rolled once a week with 1,5 mm because they followed the study from India. Why should they do something else if this thread is based on the indian study? And it's a lie when you say, that nobody sticked to this treatment fot several month.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long does the redness last? And is it noticeable?

I am dating a girl like 36h after i am supposed to dermaroll, will she notice anything?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long does the redness last? And is it noticeable?

I am dating a girl like 36h after i am supposed to dermaroll, will she notice anything?

What are you using? manual roller , stamp or electric pen? my redness with dr.pen at 2.5mm is usually gone after two days.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it really noticeable? Like would you be ok going to work like that?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it really noticeable? Like would you be ok going to work like that?

Best doing it on a Saturday, should be fine for work on Monday. It is very noticeable for me, depends if you have enough hair to cover it up i guess, do you have any pics of your hair?

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like his evaluation of hair loss drugs against his final flow chart. I've taken the liberty of modifying the image (box in red) to show where needling (likely) comes in:

View attachment 109240

Based on reading this thread - I do tend to agree with his summations:
I want to add here something that when in the body there wound or pain,igf 1 hormone goes to that place and heals...And we know that igf 1 causes hair regrowth but overproduction causes hair loss..So yea when you wound or needle in the scalp,the body sends the igf 1 hormone which is also a factor along with breaking the calcification and fibrosis...
People also microneedle with sandalore which is a dpuble bonus for hair as sandalore decreases tgf beta 1 and needling kinda increases igf 1 along with with brealing fibrotic tissues..
And yea here's a picture,it shows more in depth way how finasteride and minoxidl works..
P.S-I got a sh*t load of downvote when I explained this in another thread that how needling,scalp massage,decalcification and breaking the fibrotic tissues inspite of dht attacking the hair.

Attachments

• 1-s2.0-S0306987717310411-gr3 (1).jpg
    1-s2.0-S0306987717310411-gr3 (1).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 290

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@yayapapaya I'd like to know specifically which pics you regard as a scam. Are you referring to the reddit guy from the OP?
If so, I don't get why you, who have been in these forums for years, do not understand the broad variability of human individuals regarding the response to a treatment. We not only observe variation in studies, but in this very forums. We always have seen a continuum of response for all mainstream treatments (minoxidil/finas) from absolute non-responders (the poor complaining souls who frequently dwell in these web forums) to unbelievable lucky freaks (check out the section of success stories).
Of course, this applies to every treatment and regime in human life. You can watch some guys subscribing to a gym and undergoing the same weightlifting regime and diet, and although most of them will gain muscle, some will still be skinny/chubby, others will bulk up and gain an enviable amount of muscle, while the majority of them will get average or moderate gains.
If you plot this kind of data into a graph, you will almost always find that most people will be clustered around an average value. As soon as you get away from the average value, the frecuency of observed people decreases (both poor responders and extremely good responders).
In statistics, this is what we call a Normal distribution. It is exactly what we are informally observing in this thread, as with the majority of phenomena in nature: most people are getting some regrowth, very few people (about 3 or 4) are saying they have No Results at all yet, and another minority (about 2 I think) are getting impressive results, almost on par with the OP.
Given this, it is fairly believable that the pics of the OP are legit, because he is one of the lucky ones of the right extreme of the normal distribution, a hyper responder. He is clearly away from the average value, away from us, average responders. Of course, as a normal distribution would dictate, people like him are a minority.
If you don't think that those pics are legit and that there couldn't be responders like him, then you would be implying that the response to a treatment should be Uniform, rather than normally distributed. In any king of treatments, uniform distributions are almost never observed, so such a tremendous claim from you should be supported by overwhelming evidence.

I partially agree with you in some points. There was some kind of hype and a bit of delusion at the start of this thread, because people were thinking that the results of the OP could be easily replicated (as if he was an average responders) and were seeing needlind as an absolute cure. Fortunately, the thread is more realist now and most of us know that this is just an additional weapon to fight hairloss. A good one. Most of us are aware we are not going to get our original full heads of hair, but we are believing it will get us to a considerable better state without having to worry about drug sides.
The thread has matured and will keep evolving.

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response everyone.

I'm certainly not a troll, just want to keep my own expectations in check and remind myself that I've been through this path before of getting excited about treatment only for it to be underwhelming.

We can only hope for the best but I would like to say that spectatism does not equate to trolling. The fact is people did try this before and the results were not as good for whatever reason, I just wanted to see why now everyone is hyped.

I already bought my electric stamp so I'm in on this but figured I ask.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been lurking and now I'm chiming in.

Just as a FYI for the doubters and wet blankets:

I started following the regimen of the topic creator about 5 weeks ago and my hairline on my temples is returning. Yes, my original hairline is slowing forming and density is returning as well else where.

It's weekly 1.5MM dermarolling (real needles, for 20 minutes until blood spots. 3 different directions.), Kirkland Minoxidil 5% 1ML x2 a day, daily Regenepure (Ketaconzole).

For anybody who is concerned that few have followed the regimen long term, I'm in it for the long haul (12 -18 months) and I'm documenting with pictures.

I'm not posting pictures anytime soon. This is a marathon and I will post the full results at the conclusion.

That is all.

Last edited:

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking and now I'm chiming in.

Just as a FYI for the doubters and wet blankets:

I started following the regimen of the topic creator about 5 weeks ago and my hairline on my temples is returning. Yes, my original hairline is slowing forming and density is returning as well else where.

It's weekly 1.5MM dermarolling (real needles, for 20 minutes until blood spots. 3 different directions.), Kirkland Minoxidil 5% 1ML x2 a day, daily Regenepure (Ketaconzole).

For anybody who is concerned that few have followed the regimen long term, I'm in it for the long haul (12 -18 months) and I'm documenting with pictures.

I'm not posting pictures anytime soon. This is a marathon and I will post the full results at the conclusion.

That is all.

Nice :) Did you start Minoxidil at the same time?

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a reduction in itching after starting dermarolling? And if yes how long after you started?

My itch is pretty bad even on finasteride and other anti androgens.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When you have time, please answer my previous questions. I see that you are avoiding them. I need to identify the "many people" who got "no result" after "following the Indian study" and verify your affirmations, since I didn't find them after reading 500 pages. Otherwise, I will have to consider your statements as fiction and lies. I'm fully convinced that you are not a liar (unlike me -according to you-), so I'm waiting for the many nicknames of those who strictly followed the Indian study for at least 12 weeks and got no results.

Thanks for your answer.

I'm sorry, but I don't have any time to go through this thread again.

WishIHadHair2570

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Started yesterday and I'm excited. 24y/o white male losing ground on finasteride/duta and minoxidil foam so this is my hail mary. I'll keep you all updated! If this works, and the others didn't, i'm going to be over the moon.

EDIT: Does anyone know if you should avoid strenuous exercise for a period of time after needling? I exercised 12 hours after needling, but I've read dermatologists discourage exercise for 24-48 hours after treatment. Anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited:

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The best results, especially on those who have had diffuse thinning have come from needling+minoxidil. It's like a complete transformation.
Is the above story using minoxidil ,I hoping to have good results without minoxidil...don't want to be dependent on it...

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just lol I missed one minoxidil application and already shedding slightly

:D

i guess it's worse to miss an application when you are only applying once daily