Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then why are most people needling once a week?
This seems to not make sense because of the healing length.
Is it because of the study's?
I think mostly because that's what people here saw that worked for some people.
If I remember correctly,
The indian study started with once a week for a month, and then continued once every two weeks
The chinese study did once every two weeks.
One study from 2016 did several treatments once every 4 weeks and got results.

So unfortunately we don't know the optimal frequency and what it depends on.
Maybe we will know more in the following months in the thread.

RegularName

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think mostly because that's what people here saw that worked for some people.
If I remember correctly,
The indian study started with once a week for a month, and then continued once every two weeks
The chinese study did once every two weeks.
One study from 2016 did several treatments once every 4 weeks and got results.

So unfortunately we don't know the optimal frequency and what it depends on.
Maybe we will know more in the following months in the thread.
So maybe a good start would really be once every 4 weeks? After that one could adjust depending on the results.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, it's been like that for almost 7 years now. Won't be using Minoxidil, so hopefully needling does the trick and keeps it alive while growing the miniaturized ones.
So maybe a good start would really be once every 4 weeks? After that one could adjust depending on the results.
I've been doing 1.5mm every week for 3 weeks. Thinking maybe it's to much. I peel like 5 days after needling. Maybe think every 2 weeks might be better. But I'm no expert

Kaladin

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys might want to consider mixing in Sandalore with the Minoxidil. One study showed that Sandalore accelerated the wound healing process by roughly 250%. About 10 drops in a 60ml Minoxidil bottle is all you need.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, it's been like that for almost 7 years now. Won't be using Minoxidil, so hopefully needling does the trick and keeps it alive while growing the miniaturized ones.
Needle that bugger and see if he falls out. If it grows back, it's a good sign that we aren't damaging the follicles

RegularName

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been doing 1.5mm every week for 3 weeks. Thinking maybe it's to much. I peel like 5 days after needling. Maybe think every 2 weeks might be better. But I'm no expert
That is the problem. This is really all trial and error but since some people are able to get results than it might have to do with the healing time. I believe this should be more investigated.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Not the same lightning, bad pic i know but it feels like something is happening. Only using dermapen and massage. No minoxidil or any other topical. Happy new year!

Attachments

• 20190101_002106.jpg
    20190101_002106.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 576

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's possible.That's what I set to myself but patience is hard, especially when it looks completely healed after 3 days or so, and you see people getting results from doing once a week, so you want to help "rush" things.
Also, needling is not something new. There were a lot of people needling once a week and we never heard of any harm done (that I know of).

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a little update - My temples are responding to microneedling and applying minoxidil immediately after and the growth has been pretty f*****g crazy if I'm being honest. Of course, as I said, I won't be able to apply minoxidil for the next 12-13 days because of possible interactions with other medication I'm on. But it's just a very small setback that needs to be brushed aside. I'll report with pictures and confirm if the experiment of applying minoxidil immediately after has worked better than waiting 24 hours. So far the results have been faster than not applying 24 hours after needling. I would still say to those who don't want to apply minoxidil immediately after needling like they did in the Chinese study to hold off until people post tangible results because you will still get results from needling.

I have read a lot more studies on the topic of wounding and I still can't find confirmed reports as to why my asymmetrical hairline and temples from birth are becoming symmetrical so I will have to accept the explanation of the transplant surgeon I consulted, that genetically something went a bit wrong and that's all. The follicles were always there and just needed the right simulation to grow. They call this change in expression of genes due to environmental factors. This is why two twins can have drastically different physical health if they were exposed to different environment.

I want to add that I'm wounding every week with light rolling(Somebody's method) right in the middle of the week and I'm applying minoxidil right after, but only to my worst hit areas.

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I assume that a reasonable number of the people that started dermarolling with minoxidil because of this thread we’re not previously on minoxidil, and that they first started using minoxidil when they started dermarolling; yet I haven’t noticed any reports of the shedding that accompanies minoxidil use in the early stages. Do you think dermarolling has anything to do with the fact that there don’t appear to be any reports of an initial shed? I’d like to try minoxidil (either with or without dermatology) but I am concerned about an early shed.

j4r0d

Reaction score
You guys might want to consider mixing in Sandalore with the Minoxidil. One study showed that Sandalore accelerated the wound healing process by roughly 250%. About 10 drops in a 60ml Minoxidil bottle is all you need.

I have seen the study about sandalore but I dont recall seeing anything about accelerating the regrowth process (I may be wrong too). Can you reference and quote this study?
Thanks.

j4r0d

Reaction score
I assume that a reasonable number of the people that started dermarolling with minoxidil because of this thread we’re not previously on minoxidil, and that they first started using minoxidil when they started dermarolling; yet I haven’t noticed any reports of the shedding that accompanies minoxidil use in the early stages. Do you think dermarolling has anything to do with the fact that there don’t appear to be any reports of an initial shed? I’d like to try minoxidil (either with or without dermatology) but I am concerned about an early shed.

Sorry to disappoint, but clearly shedding for me now, been 3 weeks into it. Some other members reported the first 2 months as being worse than baseline before seeing improvment.

RegularName

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's possible.That's what I set to myself but patience is hard, especially when it looks completely healed after 3 days or so, and you see people getting results from doing once a week, so you want to help "rush" things.
Also, needling is not something new. There were a lot of people needling once a week and we never heard of any harm done (that I know of).
But a lot of people also do not get any result from needling once a week. And just because it healed on the outside does not mean it healt on the inside. If healing takes up 2-3 months then needling once a week is surely overkill.
Guess some bodies are efficient in healing their body that is why they get the results faster.

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint, but clearly shedding for me now, been 3 weeks into it. Some other members reported the first 2 months as being worse than baseline before seeing improvment.

Bollocks, didn’t notice the below baseline comments. Has it been a bad shed? Still worth a shot I guess.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So yesterday i did my first attempt at dermarolling my scalp with 1.5mm.
It's definitely painful, but bearable.

So here are some things i noticed:
The areas where i have a lot of hair are much less painful to roll, and surprise surprise, the areas where the thinning is stronger are REALLY REALLY painful.
Almost like the skin around the thinning areas is much thinner and can't handle pain as well.
The thinning areas also had a lot more redness, heat and feeling of "blood circulation awakening" once i was done.
Not much blood, just a few little dots of red sprinkled here and there.
Overall, i'd say that once you get past the pain, it's actually pretty relaxing. Your scalp feels really healthy and alive after you're done.

Since i'm diffuse thinning, if this actually mantained and thickened my hair, i would be basically cured since my hair loss is not very aggressive, it's actually super slow, even my father has still got hair in his 50s, although it's thin.

Maybe i'll do this 2 times a week, and see if i get any results in 6 months.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So yesterday i did my first attempt at dermarolling my scalp with 1.5mm.
It's definitely painful, but bearable.

So here are some things i noticed:
The areas where i have a lot of hair are much less painful to roll, and surprise surprise, the areas where the thinning is stronger are REALLY REALLY painful.
Almost like the skin around the thinning areas is much thinner and can't handle pain as well.
The thinning areas also had a lot more redness, heat and feeling of "blood circulation awakening" once i was done.
Not much blood, just a few little dots of red sprinkled here and there.
Overall, i'd say that once you get past the pain, it's actually pretty relaxing. Your scalp feels really healthy and alive after you're done.

Since i'm diffuse thinning, if this actually mantained and thickened my hair, i would be basically cured since my hair loss is not very aggressive, it's actually super slow, even my father has still got hair in his 50s, although it's thin.

Maybe i'll do this 2 times a week, and see if i get any results in 6 months.

2 times a week is too much. You have to give it time to heal.