Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heart problems with Minoxidil, is there any other product that I can use on my hair after microneedling ? Zinc solution or something ?

From Follica:

"Hair growth-promoting agents for use, alone or in combination, in accordance with this aspect include but are not limited to: agents affecting prostaglandins, such as Prostaglandin F2α analogs, e.g. latanoprost (trade name Xalatan), travoprost (trade name Travatan), tafluprost, unoprostone, dinoprost (trade name Prostin F2 Alpha), AS604872, BOL303259X, PF3187207, carboprost (trade name Hemabate); Prostamides, e.g., bimatoprost (trade names Latisse, Lumigan); Prostanoid receptor agonists, e.g. fluprostenol; Prostaglandin D2 receptor antagonists, e.g. laropiprant, AM211; Prostglandin E2 analogs, e.g. sulprostone; and EP 2 receptor agonists, e.g. butaprost; 5α-reductase inhibitors, such as, e.g., finasteride, dutasteride, turosteride, bexlosteride, izonsteride, epristeride, epigallocatechin, Fluridil (Sovak et al, Dermatol Surg. 2002; 28(8):678-685), RU 58841 (Pan et al. Endocrine. 1998; 9(1):39-43), N,N-diethyl-4-methyl-3-oxo-4-aza-5 alpha-androstane-17 beta-carboxamide (Rittmaster et al., J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1987; 65(1):188-193), MK-386, azelaic acid, FCE 28260, SKF 105,111; Minoxidil; ATP-sensitive potassium channel openers, e.g. diazoxide; and the hair growth-promoting agents described herein or otherwise known in the art, such as, e.g., kopexil (for example, the product Keranique™), CaCl2, botilinum toxin A, adenosine, ketoconazole, DoxoRx, Docetaxel, FK506, GP11046, GP11511, LGD 1331, ICX-TRC, MTS-01, NEOSH101, HYG-102440, HYG-410, HYG-420, HYG-430, HYG-440, spironolactone, CB-03-01, RK-023, Abatacept, Viviscal®, MorrF, ASC-J9, NP-619, AS101, Metron-F-1, PSK 3841, Targretin (e.g., 1% gel), MedinGel, PF3187207, BOL303259X, AS604872, THG11331, PF-277343, PF-3004459, Raptiva, caffeine, and coffee. Other hair-growth promoting agents include arginine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, valine, gamma linoleic acid and polyphenol catechins, copper peptides. Other hair-growth promoting agents that can be formulated as a hair wash tonic could include but are not limited to, jojoba oil, extract of apple, saw palmetto, emu oil, beta carotene and green tea. In one aspect, an integumental perturbation method of the invention is used in combination with drugs for alopecia being developed by SWITCH Biotech LLC."

Bimatoprost and PGE2 are your best bet imo, but they aren't cheap.

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling is very legit. I did not believe it at first because i didn't understand it. I bought a dermaroller and that worked good. Then I got a derminator. Holy f***. It works amazing and I still don't quite understand how. It definitely works though and should be in everyone's regimen.
Do you use it with mixodil?

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not buying this anymore. I believe that Follica has something up it's sleeve but I'm already getting amazing results on my temples using everyday or every other day microneedling. As I said before in this thread and the other dermarolling thread that I would continue experimenting with high frequency needling and I upped this routine to three times a week with a dermapen and the next week I'll go 6 times a week with a dermaroller and I'm seeing rapid regrowth in my temples and no those shitty pussy wispy hair but dense dark hairs.

I now personally believe that Follica's style of microneedling is not possible at home and I was wrong about a lot of things so I'll share my personal experience with you:

1. The idea that you have to use a 192 needle dermaroller because the one with 520 needles isn't exactly are real dermaroller is false. This more needles the better for me personally.
  2. It still stings me when I apply minoxidil immediately after and just like Rachita Dhurat's study my target has been mild erythema. I think this form just increases the absorption of minoxidil and makes it more potent.
  3. There are too many people out there who have had almost magical rapid improvement with a higher frequency for us to not try this for 4-5 months to see if it works or not. Of course, you cannot expect it to work for everyone but it is definitely worth a shot.

Dislike this post all you want but I'm starting to doubt that we can do Follica at home.

For the next few months I'm going with that big *** dermaroller with 1200 pins to see what happens.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i see the difference. which dsmo product did you use? which essential oil? did you dermaroll after the application of the products?

DMSO together with essential oils is pretty dump. Tbh if you do this kind off sh*t leave the hands of dmso. DMSO cant also do induce itching etc if you didnt clean your skin before application (for example with desinfection swipes) as it drags all stuff on your skin into your bloodstream. DMSO is nothing someone should handle carelessly.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not buying this anymore. I believe that Follica has something up it's sleeve but I'm already getting amazing results on my temples using everyday or every other day microneedling. As I said before in this thread and the other dermarolling thread that I would continue experimenting with high frequency needling and I upped this routine to three times a week with a dermapen and the next week I'll go 6 times a week with a dermaroller and I'm seeing rapid regrowth in my temples and no those shitty pussy wispy hair but dense dark hairs.

I now personally believe that Follica's style of microneedling is not possible at home and I was wrong about a lot of things so I'll share my personal experience with you:

1. The idea that you have to use a 192 needle dermaroller because the one with 520 needles isn't exactly are real dermaroller is false. This more needles the better for me personally.
  2. It still stings me when I apply minoxidil immediately after and just like Rachita Dhurat's study my target has been mild erythema. I think this form just increases the absorption of minoxidil and makes it more potent.
  3. There are too many people out there who have had almost magical rapid improvement with a higher frequency for us to not try this for 4-5 months to see if it works or not. Of course, you cannot expect it to work for everyone but it is definitely worth a shot.

Dislike this post all you want but I'm starting to doubt that we can do Follica at home.

For the next few months I'm going with that big *** dermaroller with 1200 pins to see what happens.
Pics or it’s bs

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Figure it was time for an update since I've been rolling since November 2018.

• Background: Finasteride .83mg daily for about 8 years (maintained fairly well except for recession, of course). Kirkland 5% foam since around the same time. Never really noticed regrowth but I kept using as I didn't have sides and was afraid some of the hair might have been dependent
  • 1.5mm / once a week with the Derminator 2
  • Switched to daily or every other day at .5mm a few months ago
  • My hair behind the hairline has been looking pretty good. I have been consistently going out without feeling the need to put in Dermmatch, which I would've never done before.
  • When I switched to daily/eod, lower-depth rolling I started to notice tiny vellous hairs sprouting all over the hairline. Tried taking pics multiple times but it just doesn't turn out, sorry.
  • I apply 5% Kirkland foam immediately after
  • I also recently started using modified Zix formula from Worm's post in the Alt Treatments section (Ethyl alcohol, distilled water, glycerine, castor oil, sandalor, rosemary oil)
  • Switched to the Follica protocol on 2/4/20, we shall see.

I wanted to add a couple of things to the Zix formula to see if that would kick start those vellous hairs into lush, beautiful terminal hairs so purchased some cinnamaldehyde but not sure how much to add to my 60ml bottle (pic of bottle attached). Study below doesn't indicate any dosage.
https://www.ergo-log.com/cinnamon-igf-1-booster-rejuvenates-skin.html

Would also like to add raspberry ketones as well but I'm not really trusting of the sellers on Amazon. If anyone has an idea of how to get a "pharmaceutical grade" product that'd be great. Every lab required that I was a company, not an individual.
https://www.ergo-log.com/raspberry-ketone-skin-s-elasticity-stimulates-hair-growth.html

Chris-lee09

Reaction score
When people apply minoxidil straight after rolling dosent this make it go systematic? And that the reason for the better results?

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When people apply minoxidil straight after rolling dosent this make it go systematic? And that the reason for the better results?

It depends. Anything that gets on the skin has some systemic impact depending on the substance's molecular character — else we would have nothing whatever to say of these Minoxidil sides pertaining to facial aging or heart palpitations. We know these occur; we know the face ages a bit in response to mere scalp application of Minoxidil, without any needling intervention to produce 'systemic' effects. This I think is basic, and yet it is so often repeated that (effectively) "only hole-making = systemic." Let's stop repeating slogans I say.

Now there's probably a difference between applying minoxidil with a daily .25 regimen to improve dermal absorption, and applying minoxidil after 1.5 depth needling, where deep tissue layers are reached and the blood stream is readily breachable for any topical agents. In the latter case it is hardly even intuitive to bother with a harsh solution like minoxidil as you've already done this thorough intervention. For me, deep needling is a time for 'natural' things that aren't harsh or riddled with sides, things such as nutrient delivering EO's, vitamins E and C perhaps, and especially endogenous substances like hyaluronic acid, which has an antimicrobial property.

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score

• Background: Finasteride .83mg daily for about 8 years (maintained fairly well except for recession, of course). Kirkland 5% foam since around the same time. Never really noticed regrowth but I kept using as I didn't have sides and was afraid some of the hair might have been dependent
  • My hair behind the hairline has been looking pretty good. I have been consistently going out without feeling the need to put in Dermmatch, which I would've never done before.
  • When I switched to daily/eod, lower-depth rolling I started to notice tiny vellous hairs sprouting all over the hairline. Tried taking pics multiple times but it just doesn't turn out, sorry.
  • I also recently started using modified Zix formula from Worm's post in the Alt Treatments section (Ethyl alcohol, distilled water, glycerine, castor oil, sandalor, rosemary oil)

I wanted to add a couple of things to the Zix formula to see if that would kick start those vellous hairs into lush, beautiful terminal hairs so purchased some cinnamaldehyde but not sure how much to add to my 60ml bottle (pic of bottle attached). Study below doesn't indicate any dosage.
https://www.ergo-log.com/cinnamon-igf-1-booster-rejuvenates-skin.html

Would also like to add raspberry ketones as well but I'm not really trusting of the sellers on Amazon. If anyone has an idea of how to get a "pharmaceutical grade" product that'd be great. Every lab required that I was a company, not an individual.
https://www.ergo-log.com/raspberry-ketone-skin-s-elasticity-stimulates-hair-growth.html
That ketone thing is from 2008. Most I see on Amazon are tablets, is this really a thing?
I'm going to buy a dermapen, and after reading a few threads, looks like it's going to be the demrinator. There's lots of chat thought over how many times to use it.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Trying a different angle with the rolling as the increased absorption may increase results.

Bulk Supplements sells 100% raspberry ketones in powder form but not sure how much I trust it.

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

l

So 14 months of 1.5 (1x/week) was inferior to EOD at 0.5, with the latter producing vellus hairs in a short time? And no appreciable re-growth during the 1.5 regime that lasted for several months?

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No appreciable growth on the temples, however I noticed my existing hair was thicker. I would guess it was more the quality of existing hair rather than regrowth as it wouldn't have been enough time to grow new hair to that length in that short of time, IMO.

To clarify I switched to .5mm EOD around the 12 month mark.

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No appreciable growth on the temples, however I noticed my existing hair was thicker. I would guess it was more the quality of existing hair rather than regrowth as it wouldn't have been enough time to grow new hair to that length in that short of time, IMO.

Could be that you sprouted vellus density in diffuse areas, which could certainly increase subjective hair quality.

This guy, who is a very mild case — all-over diffuse thinning, similar to what I have — did daily .75 needling for 5 months along with Zix and finasteride. There was no clear improvement in that time. Looks like he just held court.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-from-tressless.117746/page-616#post-1863936

As far I have seen, once a week around 1.5 seems to always be associated with the really good results. I'm a little impatient and enjoy active intervention, but am not convinced of high-frequency needling so I'm thinking I'll start off with 1.5 needling every 5th day. So far I have only one session done.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A bit off topic, but is there a recommendation for something I could apply so that a needling pen style device doesn't catch on the skin as it goes across? After I wash my face, it gets sort of tacky from being clean and makes it difficult to have smooth lines

zampogna

My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil in my body goes systemic and gives me muscular eye spasms and heart pulpitations.
i had also sides with saw palmetto 320mg x day.

so i think my body is hyper sensitive to anti dht and minoxidil.

so now i am testing olive oil + peppermint essential oil 6 days a week.
togheter with dermaroll 1.5mm every 7 days.
there is a study on mice that shows that peppermint essential oil should be potentially better than minoxidil.

i have seen some user talking about essential oil, which one exactly?
can somebody post a link with the follica protocol? thanks

cheers

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could be that you sprouted vellus density in diffuse areas, which could certainly increase subjective hair quality.

This guy, who is a very mild case — all-over diffuse thinning, similar to what I have — did daily .75 needling for 5 months along with Zix and finasteride. There was no clear improvement in that time. Looks like he just held court.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-from-tressless.117746/page-616#post-1863936

As far I have seen, once a week around 1.5 seems to always be associated with the really good results. I'm a little impatient and enjoy active intervention, but am not convinced of high-frequency needling so I'm thinking I'll start off with 1.5 needling every 5th day. So far I have only one session done.
This is what I'm going to try with a dermpen

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score

You think the every other day day at 0.5mm is a better technique to grow new hair over 1xweekly at 1.5mm?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil in my body goes systemic and gives me muscular eye spasms and heart pulpitations.
i had also sides with saw palmetto 320mg x day.

so i think my body is hyper sensitive to anti dht and minoxidil.

so now i am testing olive oil + peppermint essential oil 6 days a week.
togheter with dermaroll 1.5mm every 7 days.
there is a study on mice that shows that peppermint essential oil should be potentially better than minoxidil.

i have seen some user talking about essential oil, which one exactly?
can somebody post a link with the follica protocol? thanks

cheers
I’m the same with the anti dht treatments.. it causes me pvcs. I use minoxidil but only 0.5ml.. seems to workout the side effects.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Put a 1/2 ml of cinnamaldehyde in my zix 60 ml bottle & it burned like a mf’er. Do not, I repeat, do not us
You think the every other day day at 0.5mm is a better technique to grow new hair over 1xweekly at 1.5mm?
My results on my temples (fuzz at the moment) was better with .5mm everyday or EOD than 1.5mm weekly. But because it's just vellous hair I believe it was minoxidil that did it. That's why I was trying to find other things to add to kick start those.

I switched to the follica protocol 2 weeks ago but am considering doing light needling (.25mm) after 1 week for the increased absorption effect.

zampogna

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m the same with the anti dht treatments.. it causes me pvcs. I use minoxidil but only 0.5ml.. seems to workout the side effects.
ok good to know that with 0.5ml you have no sides.

0.5 ml x day
or 0.5ml twice a day?

0.5 ml means 3spray of the sprayer.
counting that 1ml is 7 spray.

for now i need to wait the spasms to go away. then maybe i will retry with lower dosage.
but im gonna definetly keep peppermint and maybe i will add also tea tree oil.

peppermint plus olive oil seems a good gombo to my scalp.