Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
see former pic

maybe its the test? it's ANDROGENETIC alopecia, not DHTpecia, so some people may be sensitive to test and go bald even on dutasteride?

That's possible, I'm getting my DHT tested soon so I'll know where I stand with that.
My Test blood results came back with higher than average test. Maybe similar for this guy
At one stage I was on 1.5mg dutasteride + 5mg finasteride daily and that still didn't halt it

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's possible, I'm getting my DHT tested soon so I'll know where I stand with that.
My Test blood results came back with higher than average test. Maybe similar for this guy
At one stage I was on 1.5mg dutasteride + 5mg finasteride daily and that still didn't halt it
There's this guy on youtube with undetectable dht levels still balding so yes its totally possible. Duta does not block 100% scalp dht and also test alone is destroying your hair at a much slower pace.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Most of them left the forum.

This forum will cause you brain cancer if you remain here for a long time.

I'm getting great results in the front but a bad shed in the crown and I plan to leave too when I achieve my hair goals.

There are too many nut-jobs on this forum who will give you unnecessary stress that you don't need.

You are right. I'm having good results myself and my hair is better than ever, zero balding in "normal" people's eyes.
However I come here every now and then just to check users progress and check whether this treatment keeps working on long term, and also to read about new treatments available as there's room for improvement yet, and I dont wanna be on finasteride forever

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm shedding so much this week, but I think that's mainly due to being sick with the flu & the fever/headaches/coughing fits causing excess loss

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed lots of hair shedding (with white bulbs at the end of each hair) last week after my 3rd microneedling session with the pen, I’m using it all over the scalp and I take it as it’s due to the new scalp stimulation and circulation from the first 2 sessions the 2 prior weeks. Just did my 4th session and didn’t notice any shedding and also noticed that my scalp is not getting quite are red this time as with the other sessions and I even increased the needles from 1.5mm to 1.75mm & 2mm and for 15 minuets time to give my whole scalp ample coverage and time.

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
off topic question: guys I'm going to switch to the dutasteride 0.5. are 3 times per week enough? and should I quite finasteride?

j4r0d

Reaction score
you are going bald even on dutasteride?
maybe your hair is very sensitive to testosterone too? what are your levels

I am almost 37. My T is not as high as when I was 25. I only started losing 4 years ago.
T / DHT is not the only reason why we are balding. It probably starts a chain reaction, but at some point it plays a limited role.

stillwaters

Reaction score
6 month update

Minimum 1.5mm, maximum 2mm
Needling since January (2-4 sessions a month)
Only small pinpricks of blood would be left afterwards, didnt go in too hard (took around 10-15 mins)
Nizoral once or twice a week
Castor oil and peppermint oil just to counter any flaking or dryness
No minoxidil, no finasteride or any other AA or growth boosters
Cheapo Chinese pen in use

Summary of findings
  • Needling/wounding made absolutely no difference
  • Pictures from 2nd January and yesterday look essentially the same. No growth anywhere
  • Hair is actually marginally worse off but this can't be attributed solely to needling could just be progression of balding, but I'm late-mid 30s and been thinning slowly for 8 years so its not agressive.
  • Shedding the same amount (it was never too bad to begin with tbh)
  • Still diffusing all over scalp
  • No new growth or thickening of existing hairs
In short its been a major bust for me. I was hoping it would be the saviour but that might have been wishful thinking especially without minoxdil.

Ah well, let's see what Follica have in store. A small hair transplant and some fibres would save me but I feel despondent because I'm just seeing so much scalp all over the NW6 area despite near 100% coverage.

why not minoxidil?

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is it OK to reuse the same dermapen cartridge many time or should i use a new one every application ?

why for dermapen is recommended to use a new one every application while for the dermaroller you can just clean the head and reuse it ?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I was testing to see whether needling was this super effective standalone treatment like it was touted to be originally.

People had studies and whatnot saying it was more effective than minoxidil alone. If you go back to the start of the thread many people were going to try this out.

Whats the point in adding monixidil? We all know what its capable of as its been around for so long. I dont see the point in trying minoxidil and needling and then claiming needling is the saviour when really the minoxidil is doing the heavy lifting.
Exactly.
We still lack a clear case of success with needling as a standalone. I think this is becoming more evident as time goes on.
My last hope lies on the everyday needling approach, but honestly something tells me it won't make much of a difference. Man, I hope I'm wrong. It's too early to tell because I am one month in with that approach, but I will start posting before and after pics very soon.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is it OK to reuse the same dermapen cartridge many time or should i use a new one every application ?

why for dermapen is recommended to use a new one every application while for the dermaroller you can just clean the head and reuse it ?
I switch cartridges after needles get too bent and dull.

Element22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Needling + Minoxidil appears to have a synergistic effect, giving greater results than doing either alone.

I highly recommend you add minoxidil, been having great results here.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride is not worth the side effects to gain or keep hair unless you’re okay with feminization.

I’ll stick to microneedling, minoxidil, nizoral until Breezula & Follica hit the market soon.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dutasteride is not worth the side effects to gain or keep hair unless you’re okay with feminization.

I’ll stick to microneedling, minoxidil, nizoral until Breezula & Follica hit the market soon.

Total loser comment...

dutasteride has only side effects on pussies who are afraid to try it...He has less side effects than finasteride...
I had little side effect on finasteride and NO sides effect on dutasteride.

No gyno or other sh*t and a lot of people are like these...

Just have a good nutrition and do sport to promote good testosteron amount.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
6 month update

Minimum 1.5mm, maximum 2mm
Needling since January (2-4 sessions a month)
Only small pinpricks of blood would be left afterwards, didnt go in too hard (took around 10-15 mins)
Nizoral once or twice a week
Castor oil and peppermint oil just to counter any flaking or dryness
No minoxidil, no finasteride or any other AA or growth boosters
Cheapo Chinese pen in use

Summary of findings
  • Needling/wounding made absolutely no difference
  • Pictures from 2nd January and yesterday look essentially the same. No growth anywhere
  • Hair is actually marginally worse off but this can't be attributed solely to needling could just be progression of balding, but I'm late-mid 30s and been thinning slowly for 8 years so its not agressive.
  • Shedding the same amount (it was never too bad to begin with tbh)
  • Still diffusing all over scalp
  • No new growth or thickening of existing hairs
In short its been a major bust for me. I was hoping it would be the saviour but that might have been wishful thinking especially without minoxdil.

Ah well, let's see what Follica have in store. A small hair transplant and some fibres would save me but I feel despondent because I'm just seeing so much scalp all over the NW6 area despite near 100% coverage.

1) Peppermint oil had to be dropped since it decrease PGE2 production (seriously).
2) It's nice to you to have done this test, but, you seriously thought only needling can be able to stop baldness and induce regrowth ? The only way is to attack this "nightmare" by multiples angles : Growth factors, wounding, Anti Androgens, Wnt Pathway....

Makaveli1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Total loser comment...

dutasteride has only side effects on pussies who are afraid to try it...He has less side effects than finasteride...
I had little side effect on finasteride and NO sides effect on dutasteride.

No gyno or other sh*t and a lot of people are like these...

Just have a good nutrition and do sport to promote good testosteron amount.
Testosterone causes hairloss.....