Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your rationale reply.

I’ve been reading and contributing to this topic since the beginning of this thread (unlike @roberta the lurker). I have been needling since about October without Min.

There are people here who claim results in almost immediately. People who claim things got worse almost immediately. And everything inbetween.

Then there is the results thread with photos. I strongly recommend ignoring Roberta and reading that thread if you’re a man and want to keep your hair.

In response to things worsening. This is always to be expected when you start minoxidil. It’s my fear. Everybody forgets baldness is a progressive issue.

Who’s to say that what people are experiencing is not just a minoxidil shed OR that needling is just making the hairs at the end of their natural balding cycle fall out.

I do not claim to know.

And nobody on this site does. Especially that lurking b-arch Roberta. May her hairs never grow.

All anybody here can state with 100% truth is that it works for some people. That is 100% factual.
A yuck without finasteride or minoxidil?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I've been doing this since January, so give or take 3-4 ish months. I can't really report major improvement, as I've also been on the big 3 for 2+ years, but things haven't gotten worse either.

I will say though, ultimately if you have aggressive male pattern baldness, this treatment won't save you. You need an androgen blocker, finasteride/dutasteride are the engines of everything, and minoxidil/dermarolling are the oil that make them run better.

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your rationale reply.

I’ve been reading and contributing to this topic since the beginning of this thread (unlike @roberta the lurker). I have been needling since about October without Min.

There are people here who claim results in almost immediately. People who claim things got worse almost immediately. And everything inbetween.

Then there is the results thread with photos. I strongly recommend ignoring Roberta and reading that thread if you’re a man and want to keep your hair.

In response to things worsening. This is always to be expected when you start minoxidil. It’s my fear. Everybody forgets baldness is a progressive issue.

Who’s to say that what people are experiencing is not just a minoxidil shed OR that needling is just making the hairs at the end of their natural balding cycle fall out.

I do not claim to know.

And nobody on this site does. Especially that lurking b-arch Roberta. May her hairs never grow.

All anybody here can state with 100% truth is that it works for some people. That is 100% factual.
There are a few strange dudes/chicks who occasionally pop onto this thread. And the commonality among them is that they seem to lack any rational purpose other than to unilaterally declare that this treatment doesn’t work despite obvious photographic evidence to the contrary for more than a few. I’ve been on this thread from the beginning and have read most of it (where is Bill Russo by the way?). I’ll never let any of these pathetic losers sway my opinion on anything and I hope to god others don’t either. We can only know what works from our own experiences and if this thread proves anything it is that the variables involved and the results presented can vary wildly. I think people had higher expectations when this thread began that this would have a greater efficacy (myself included). But no one can discount the evidence that this does work for some. That is a plain fact. I just think that like any other treatment people should understand that they may or may not get results and may even end up worse. There is no way to know until you try it. It’s inexpensive and really not that painful (in my opinion). Good luck to all.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
This has probably been asked/answered a million times

How hard do you guys needle? Should there be small amounts of blood? Or just so there's slight pain?

dermaroller666

My Regimen
Reaction score
This has probably been asked/answered a million times

How hard do you guys needle? Should there be small amounts of blood? Or just so there's slight pain?
I bleed easily in front of the head but behind it is impossible even by pressing like crazy.Can be that the skin behind the head is thinner

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have done it for 18 months. Needling is a supplementary treatment. You lose all gains when you quit main treatment. But you are a woman, might be different for you.

So did you grow hair from it or you did you just lost them?

I’m still on anti androgen I just don’t want to add minoxidil

img.ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably a transgender freak.
If that’s true, what does your name say about you?
Also explains why he/she/it has no problem with fina side effects and is on a crusade to dislike every post I make.
I use typical tranny medication, and I don’t have problems, certainly not what local finasteride critics have.

However, back to the topic of this thread. I had 10 sesions of microneedling (1,5 mm , dermapen Dr Pen A1 and started using minoxidil something about one month erlier), now, after three months I don’t see any significant effects, but something going on. I have some darker new hair on my hairline. Maybe this is minoxidil effect, not a microneedling. But in last year i started using minoxidil alone, and after 3-4 months I didn’t have any effects. And I remember when I started dosing flutamid with androcur and estrofem (twice a day), after 3 months my hair still looked as pice of sh*t, I didin’t see any efects, but after next 3 months my hairs looked much much better. Maybe microneedling is another scam, but I think that scientific research gives the basis for it to try.

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
People who were treated only microneedling havent got significant result at the chinese study. And also you are claiming "they got more results"
Jeez man just read the study. Who cares about any “claims” on this site by any member at all. All that you can take as fact here are our individual experiences...

There are a multitude of studies each have different results.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
you put a lot of effort into discrediting people who didn't have any success with microneedling. you should focus on contributing and bringing some value to this thread. try being more scientifc

for example you could post some pics and show us how microneedling has helped you personally if you are so convinced that it works? how about that?

btw i am a guy.. you should stop assuming things that you don't know. how can anyone take you seriously?

My only claims are above.

I will always put effort into trying to keep the messages here balanced and open minded so that people like you (overly loud and opinionated noob lurkers) don’t get away with making your own non scientific declarations about whether things work or not work.

All you, or anybody else here can claim, including myself, is my own results (or lack of) and what studies have reported.

If you’re going to say needling sucks, at least just say it sucks FOR YOU, because it clearly has awesome results for OTHERS. See number guys video:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-faqs-procedures-studies-and-such.119653/

Reactions: INT

INT

Reaction score
My only claims are above.

I will always put effort into trying to keep the messages here balanced and open minded so that people like you (overly loud and opinionated noob lurkers) don’t get away with making your own non scientific declarations about whether things work or not work.

All you, or anybody else here can claim, including myself, is my own results (or lack of) and what studies have reported.

If you’re going to say needling sucks, at least just say it sucks FOR YOU, because it clearly has awesome results for OTHERS. See number guys video:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-faqs-procedures-studies-and-such.119653/

Yeah it is quite an annoying trait that a lot of people have here where they generalize their experiences as facts that will apply to everyone.